Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have guessed it would have something to do with withholding evidence.. or tampering with it(that recording just didn't sound right), though I suppose the trust fund could be a problem too though since that crosses state lines wouldn't that be more something for the feds to concern themselves with(FBI/IRS)?
Your thought is probably closer than mine, since I think you are correct that the feds would probably be involved in internet soliciting of funds. I just really believe there is a legal issue of why she hasn't shown up at the last trial phase.

Otoh, she could be hiding razorblades in her legal files... I'm sure the sheriff has the authority to check everything she has in that cell for contraband.

Iirc it was that he had searched her "legal" documents previously and JA had made allegations against the authorities that they had photo copied her book notes or something like that, plus I think they may have tried to confiscate one of her "art" pieces at one time that MDLR had hidden in her "legal" papers, that stirred up some controversy(that may even be some of these civil matters that people are asking about, wasn't JA going to sue for slander or something like that... rofl).
I sure hope they have retrieved it from her legal files, and dust it for finger prints.

Its possible that there is already an investigation into the fund IMO. Aunt Sue showed up every day of the last trial. She sure seemed to enjoy each day having a giggle fest with her twin. There doesn't seem to be a feud between sisters, or Jodi as the parents have been on YouTube trying to solicit funds for the account Aunt Sue controls. Aunt Sue even sent an affidavits in support of Jodi in this last phase. I haven't seen any tweets that Aunt Sue has shown up for even one day of this trial that I can remember. Why? Could it be because If she steps foot into the state of Arizona she knows there are officials waiting to at the very least question her about the fund? There has got to be a reason she has
not shown up for this last phase of the trial. My guess is legal issues pertaining to the trust fund.

I have been really wondering about her being a no show this go around. I really thought she was the secret witness. Early on during this phase, Juan was questioning a witness, I believe about the Helio phone and asked the witness if they were familar what an accomplice was, then Nurmi objected. Later we found out, Aunt Sue found it and rather turn it over to the police, she gives it to the defense team

Eta... May have the timing off as far as "this phase" goes, may have been the first trial. At any rate, it was one of the police officers Juan was questioning about the phone.

Let's say an inmate has $150 in their prison account and that's all the money they have. They could not hire an attorney to represent them and pay for representation of their case for $150 so yes, they would be considered indigent even with money in their prison account.

There are financial standards to determine indigency, but I don't know what they are and it probably varies state to state. Maybe if one is at or below the poverty level in terms of income.

As for that trust account, no idea.
Any money put into her account will be plucked out. She wont be able to keep earnings from a prison job (cleaning toilets) after she loses her civil case. As a matter of fact I hope the Alexander family puts a freeze on every dollar she has.

I don't get it. The murderer was found guilty for doing what she said she did. The murderer was not given the DP. What/why is she appealing?

I think Nurmi even suggested that there would be evidence that could "realistically" lead to a conviction on a lesser included offense such as manslaughter.[emoji15]

(July 2011 pre Settlement Conference)
This was a bluff if the courts did not take death off the table.

I think there are such things as 'bad seeds.' Babies are innocent at birth, probably 99% of the time. But I do believe that every one has a soul and that soul has it's own essence, it's own past, it's own memories. JA's parents raised several kids and none of the others slit anyones throat.

I think JA is one of a very rare breed---an evil seed. JMO :devil:
The way I see it is this, it's understandable to see the beauty and innocence of a new-born or infant and wonder how they could grow up to be a monster, but an infant is not a fully formed, fully grown human being, so that their beauty is primarily a reflection of the beauty of the Universe or the Earth itself creating new life, it's innate and universal because the Universe and the Earth are innately and universally beautiful. As the physical body develops, the human personality, formed from the past or through genetics, gradually asserts itself. Most people remain relatively beautiful in the moral sense, but that doesn't prevent someone who is not from reaching full maturity.

I don't get it. The murderer was found guilty for doing what she said she did. The murderer was not given the DP. What/why is she appealing?
She wants her conviction overturned. She wants a new trial. Shes grasping at straws.

Any money put into her account will be plucked out. She wont be able to keep earnings from a prison job (cleaning toilets) after she loses her civil case. As a matter of fact I hope the Alexander family puts a freeze on every dollar she has.

Possibly, but that wasn't the question asked, and my response had nothing to do with future civil lawsuits or who could go after her commissary funds.

I would hope Jennifer would know better.. I bet Jennifer would be shocked and UPSET to see that !

I agree. This DT hit some all time lows, but if Jennifer has ANY sense of professionalism, she would NOT be happy to see this posted.

Could it really be that MDLR isn't the one still tweeting on behald of JA now? I mean, I am astounded that NO ONE put MDLR on notice for her horrible (yes, horrible) tweets...but could she really think it would be wise to post this???

I know, I'm kinda overthinking their professionalism, aren't I? LOL

I thought Photoshop at first, too. I took it from the HLN site, but seeing the youtube logo in upper right corner - HLN took it from the video. I could totally see ja with black devil eye pits.

*shuddering* I'd say poor woman, but...
A screen capture from Youtube can be photoshopped.

has there been a link to the full interview with the 3 juror on gma? i had a look and couldn't see anything

Otoh, she could be hiding razorblades in her legal files... I'm sure the sheriff has the authority to check everything she has in that cell for contraband.

Iirc it was that he had searched her "legal" documents previously and JA had made allegations against the authorities that they had photo copied her book notes or something like that, plus I think they may have tried to confiscate one of her "art" pieces at one time that MDLR had hidden in her "legal" papers, that stirred up some controversy(that may even be some of these civil matters that people are asking about, wasn't JA going to sue for slander or something like that... rofl).
Her Estrella bird's nest is full of those envelopes and brown paper bags. Just picture MDLR trundling all that useless paperwork and tracings out to a dumpster for shredding. [emoji41]

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/pb-130521-jodi-arias-nj-02.photoblog900.jpg

I could take a photo of this screen and email or text it to someone in less than 5 seconds. Just sayin'...copiers aren't needed these days - just hold it up or put it on the table and done. Doesn't even have to change hands and she would still have the original.

I don't see that her restrictions would have allowed that opportunity after the verdict :thinking: but prior to verdict... :dunno:

.... more likely MDLR :moo:

Didn't JA have a supporter who took her picture behind the glass while he was visiting her recently?

Should be an interesting day.......or not. All of this hoopla about the juror came to light mainly on Friday last week.

It's been a looooong weekend. There's been lots of Facebook deleting parties going on over the last 48 hours.

Nobody seems to know where the DA's office stands on any of this, or if they are working on it at all. They aren't talking.
We all know the courthouse closes at 5 p.m. on Friday.

If there has been no investigation launched as of this morning, chances are good that important evidence that would show wrongdoing has been deleted or destroyed, never to be discovered by anyone.

My question is, would the DA's office deliberately allow this to happen so all the furor over juror 17 would just die down and go to sleep ? No proof, no charges. No subpoenas, no evidence gathered.

Thankfully, the rest of the world doesn't just stop because it's a weekend.

Guess we'll see..........

Should be an interesting day.......or not. All of this hoopla about the juror came to light mainly on Friday last week.

It's been a looooong weekend. There's been lots of Facebook deleting parties going on over the last 48 hours.

Nobody seems to know where the DA's office stands on any of this, or if they are working on it at all. They aren't talking.
We all know the courthouse closes at 5 p.m. on Friday.

If there has been no investigation launched as of this morning, chances are good that important evidence that would show wrongdoing has been deleted or destroyed, never to be discovered by anyone.

My question is, would the DA's office deliberately allow this to happen so all the furor over juror 17 would just die down and go to sleep ? No proof, no charges. No subpoenas, no evidence gathered.

Thankfully, the rest of the world doesn't just stop because it's a weekend.

Guess we'll see..........

I don't see why they would deliberately want them to get away with it while at the same time claiming to investigate it. There may have been deletion parties going on all weekend, but I would think L.E. would be able to get access to server backups in order to retrieve the 'deleted' info.

But did they ? LE is going to do what they are instructed to do by the DA. It's been my observation that the court system is very hesitant to go after jurors for just about any reason. If they start investigating jurors because of the way they voted, they won't ever be able to get anybody to show up for jury duty. I've heard them state as much themselves.

AND like certain species of parrots - they learn to "say" certain things and phrases....but they don't actually understand what they are saying. They do it for the attention and response from people.

ok. off track...but this is how I understand it.

Well, since I'm "ParrotGal" I have to defend my clever parrots. :peace: ;)
Birds are remarkably intelligent and many parrots do learn words, which are added
to their vocabularies of intricate and distinct calls. My birds know many words and do indeed
use them appropriately. In the morning they say "Good morning", "Wanna come out" , etc.
They weave human language throughout their language of calls and know when and how to
use them. It is truly astonishing and an ongoing learning process. I have in turn, learned many
of their bird calls and I know what quite a few mean (hungry, bored, scared).
So in conclusion, my birds are certainly smarter than JA and without a doubt they
exhibit more emotion than she could muster on a good day. :hen: :)
~ I just wanted a chance to brag on my birds!~ ;) :happydance:

But did they ? LE is going to do what they are instructed to do by the DA.
I don't know, but I don't see any evidence yet they aren't or are not inclined to because the DA doesn't want them to, I just don't see it, yet.

Someone had mentioned this earlier on here and I can't find the post, so I want to reintroduce the info. I just watched Beth Karas' most recent video and Beth said that she had pulled up J17's Facebook page while waiting for the press conference with the jurors to begin (how did she get her name?). Beth said that a lot of J17's info was public and she "liked" we already know The Secret and Nancy Grace, BUT, she also "liked" a group that was anti-Sheriff Arpaio. I think that's significant as it's a little more evidence of a "stick it to the man" kind of mentality, OR, a fan of JA.

This is all so bizarre...

BK can pull that up but the state could not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoly1966