Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Elle, that's weird because I can hear Travis' murderer just fine but I can't hear the questions from JW. But yes, a cleaner program would be great.

Love JW's and why did you do this, and why did you do that...I wish Juan could have asked- "And why did all of Travis' friends immediately point their collective finger at YOU?"
I'm just not getting why this had to be closed testimony. Is it that obvious? She just wanted to have her "star" moment??

Hi Elle, that's weird because I can hear Travis' murderer just fine but I can't hear the questions from JW. But yes, a cleaner program would be great.

You guys listening to it on YouTube?

...another "Mark my words...." moment?

And on insisting on walking to the stand, I am sure she planned on accidentally flashing her restraints hoping to cause an issue...she doesn't miss a beat. imo
I agree. I think it was a pre-planned appeal issue. In fact I think she tried to use her entire testimony, from insisting on a closed courtroom to walking to the witness stand in restraints as a way to plant a poison pill into the trial for a successful appeal. Her attorney's probably expected JSS to deny the closed courtroom (though in light of the COA's decision that appeal would probably have been unsuccessful), but having granted it, permitting her to walk to the stand would allow her to later claim that some jury members may have seen her restraints and may have been influenced by them. Personally I don't understand the logic, but apparently the law sees it differently. I mean, the jury is required to accept that she's guilty of first degree premeditated specially cruel murder, yet it's supposed to be 'prejudicial' to see her not wearing street clothes or in seeing her in restraints. It's a mixed message and places a potentially confusing burden on the jurors to decide how much weight to place on each of the two conflicting narratives about the defendant the court is placing before them.

I hadn't realized JSS provided more information about juror #17 in this minute entry: http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/032015/m6734039.pdf. I assume you all have discussed this already while I was out of the country last week, but I thought it was interesting that the foreman and another juror said juror #17 did start deliberating after the modified impasse instruction was given. (The judge didn't question the other jurors, no doubt because a dismissal of juror #17 for failure to deliberate would never have held up on appeal if anyone thought she was genuinely deliberating.)

Oh boy! Did we ever miss you! :)

Has anyone in the legal community said anything negative about JSS or J17?

If J17 was a stealth juror, I doubt anyone would do a thing about it. It's already being said, "So what?" JA going to prison....etc., etc.

Makes me question the justice system, big time. Especially in Arizona.

I do not know if you mean specifically about JSS and Juror17 together. But Beth did say that many lawyers did not like to have cases with JSS because they were so long and draw out. I did not say this, BK did. Where she got her information I do not know.

AZL ... :) or any WSers who may know:

What happens if JA is hospitalized before the sentencing? TIA

Days ago, I suggested that either she or a member of the defense team would conveniently be unavailable on 4/13, due to illness-anybody want to bet?

I hear the buzzing, but she's coming across clearly. What a crock anyway...she really isn't a very good actress.

ETA: and JW- really?? After you did this "bad thing"??? Seriously?!

BBM~ They make it sound as though she stayed out late waaaay after curfew or something...ummm...at 27. lol Because we all know the DT believes a 27 year old isn't quite an adult yet! :facepalm:

Yes. I can hear JW/JM just fine. It's JA I can't hear.

That is weird because I hear her the clearest. I actually had to stop watching 'cause I can't stand to hear her one more second.

ETA: but, please do let me know if she ever gets to the point where she actually sounds remorseful. Time stamp it for posterity...he$$ must have frozen over.

My goodness that is one of the most heavily edited pieces I've ever seen. The viewer just gets tiny snippets of comments from J17 with exposition comprising about 95% of it from the interviewer.

When she said, "I didn't ask for it, I just showed up for jury duty." She could not have known or foreseen this in advance. A summons for jury duty does not tell you what case you might get called for, just that you are to report to jury duty and the date and time. There were other cases occurring at the same time and jury summons could have been for any case on the docket.

When she said, "people are getting attacked..." she was referring to verbally. The editing showed some screen shots of comments, albeit very quickly and scrolling by in the background. They were indeed various comments from FB & Twitter and I saw words that made me think someone would feel like they were under verbal attack. One comment said something about the devil and she'll be punished (referring to J17) and she better watch out.

She said she recognized JM from TV.... and so did at least 30 other people in her same pool grouping, and probably more than that. Those are just the ones who said they could not follow the court's admonition to not use anything they heard or knew about the case. No one raised their hand when JSS had asked if any of them knew JM, not one person. Yet clearly a whole bunch of them did know who JM was and one guy even told JSS he "was just so sick of this case and didn't want to hear or see anymore of it."

Did she recognize JM from ex-husband's prior conviction? She said she didn't. HOW can it be proved she was lying? Where's the proof of this? Feelings do not equal proof.

I'm not going to believe conspiracy until I see some proof.

Because she couldn't video chat?
Nah, life just must be better in the infirmary.

She will probably threaten to sue the jail, Arpaio, the maker of the bed and restraints

image.jpg

I thought the same thing!! I feel sure she was going to make sure her restraints showed somehow. And in the process, create even another delay of who knows how many years. And she was NOT happy she didn't get her way. It cracked me up when JW said she wanted to walk to the stand like any other witness. And the judge was going to allow it!

I thought good lord, this is like the twilight zone - she's not another witness - shes a convicted first degree murderer!!! No one is there to buy her a frappacino and braid her hair!!
I thought it was funny when you was told to go to the stand before the jurors were called in and she picks up her sweater and box of Kleenex and heads for the stand. The way she did it, and walked to the stand seemed like she was pouting. Lol

It is my opinion that if Travis murder had a breakdown she should be transferred immediately to her new home. That way they can treat her in an environment in which she will be living and there would be no interference or change in her treatment. 30 days is way to long to wait to treat her in a facility in which she will not be living.

I have two questions I'm hoping someone can help me with.

1. Will CMJA be wearing prison stripes at her sentancing?

2. Is there a time limit in which she must be sentenced per statute? Can she pull this "mental breakdown" or "migraine" carp to just delay and delay Her sentancing??

1. Yes. There won't be any jury, so no reason for street clothes.

2. I think it's 60 days, but there would be some leeway for a health emergency. If she were trying to delay the sentencing, though, I think she'd wait until April 12. ;)

If the felon did have a breakdown it was more of a mad rage because she lost privileges. No one that tests her could believe what she said. The felon may also think she would go to a private hospital until she was well....but she will keep up the act. If she did go to a hospital, espicially a non prison one, she would try to escape. This is MOO based on what she has said, acted on what others say snd what I read here. I think the felon is d.... Scared to go to prison and just got mad about being caught. Anything yo get her way.

AZL....if a felon winds up in a mental institution, is it private or a prison?
Who determines if the felon needs hospitalization? This felon lies and gets people to do her bidding, how can anyone be sure?
If sentencing is delayed, would the felon not be sentenced when released from medical care? So the felon never really gets out of being sentenced.

Thanks!

It would be a prison mental hospital. Doctors determine whether prisoners need hospitalization.

The sentencing will happen, rest assured. :)

Are yall watching the secret testimony on Fox10, cause you cannot hear JW, but I have seen, I think on court chatter where all audio is good. The fox10 video is from their cameras I think. Just a guess.

There are rumors--that sound like they may be true--that Jodi has had a mental breakdown over the past weekend. The info has been on Twitter.
Here ya go:

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq 2h2 hours ago
"@juanstie: Due to HIPAA laws the jail can't discuss #JodiArias' mental breakdown. "
'Mental breakdown' in this case is the politically correct term for the temper tantrum of a spoiled, entitled brat who just stopped getting her way due to her own abuse of the generous privileges she had and could have continued to have had she behaved according to the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141