Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just when I thought I have seen it all! This teacher had not right to do this and if it was my child you can be sure I would have a FIT!

Yes this was a domestic violence case .. Jodi was the perpetrator!

Are you guys watching this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUQDxIiTCIc some crazy teacher was filming her kids supporting JA WTF!!! Troy will put a link to the story after it's aired!! WTF WTF WTF she needs to lose her job!

ETA it's a Boys and Girls club from Hawaii, the teacher was teaching the kids about DV and used Jodi as an example. She videos the kids too, 'we love you Jodi' .. 'we support you' .. etc.

I watched it. It is appalling. What the hell is wrong with that teacher?

Does she attempt to try and walk before and going up to the stand?? I am confused. I just see the judge tell her she needs to take the stand before the jury enters.

Hi ya Radar. What happens is she does two trial runs, JSS instructs those on the other side of the courtroom to watch her walk to see if her restraints can be seen or noticed as she walks. Well JM states that her walk is odd or off and doesn't want to take a chance on any "fundamental error" citing case law, but KN says he doesn't see it and wants her to walk to the witness stand. So another trial run of her walk is done and JSS says she can't see anything so she is going to allow her to walk to the stand, Juan reiterates that he has concerns and doesn't feel it is worth the risk, again citing "fundamental error" via Gomez. JSS disagrees but then decides to look up the case law, she finds information on Gomez 2012 that she says does not address this issue but Juan (and Shutz) tells her there are two Gomez citations (2008 and 2012 I believe). Well she appears to become frustrated and tells the DT that Travis' murderer will not walk from the DT to the witness stand just in case. But she does continue to research and ultimately tells Juan that he is "partially" correct, and the defendant does not walk to the witness stand.

Troy also saying he has one very good source saying CMJA had a mental breakdown but jail won't talk about it due to HIPPA

Am I supposed to be sad about that? I don't believe she had any kind of real mental break. At most I believe it is the realization that she is going to prison and did not get away with her insane scheme.

Are you guys watching this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUQDxIiTCIc some crazy teacher was filming her kids supporting JA WTF!!! Troy will put a link to the story after it's aired!! WTF WTF WTF she needs to lose her job!

ETA it's a Boys and Girls club from Hawaii, the teacher was teaching the kids about DV and used Jodi as an example. She videos the kids too, 'we love you Jodi' .. 'we support you' .. etc.

And this is why there is an urgent need to REFORM the field of DV from the bottom up...

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING. FFS what in the hell is happening!!!

And this is why there is an urgent need to REFORM the field of DV from the bottom up...

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING. FFS what in the hell is happening in our American schoolrooms !!!

It's a club, not a school room.

AZL ... :) or any WSers who may know:

What happens if JA is hospitalized before the sentencing? TIA

...another "Mark my words...." moment?

And on insisting on walking to the stand, I am sure she planned on accidentally flashing her restraints hoping to cause an issue...she doesn't miss a beat. imo

Troy also saying he has one very good source saying CMJA had a mental breakdown but jail won't talk about it due to HIPPA

As predicted. :violin:

Why would she be hospitalized?

There are rumors--that sound like they may be true--that Jodi has had a mental breakdown over the past weekend. The info has been on Twitter.
Here ya go:

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq 2h2 hours ago
"@juanstie: Due to HIPAA laws the jail can't discuss #JodiArias' mental breakdown. "

And on insisting on walking to the stand, I am sure she planned on accidentally flashing her restraints hoping to cause an issue...she doesn't miss a beat. imo

ITA and Juan was right there on top of it--JSS intially told the DT that the defendant needs to agree to waive any future claims should her restraints be seen by jurors but Juan argued, despite JSS telling him he was incorrect, that that particular "right" could not be waived.

There are rumors--that sound like they may be true--that Jodi has had a mental breakdown over the past weekend. The info has been on Twitter.
Here ya go:

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq 2h2 hours ago
"@juanstie: Due to HIPAA laws the jail can't discuss #JodiArias' mental breakdown. "

Because she couldn't video chat?
Nah, life just must be better in the infirmary.

I hadn't realized JSS provided more information about juror #17 in this minute entry: http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/032015/m6734039.pdf. I assume you all have discussed this already while I was out of the country last week, but I thought it was interesting that the foreman and another juror said juror #17 did start deliberating after the modified impasse instruction was given. (The judge didn't question the other jurors, no doubt because a dismissal of juror #17 for failure to deliberate would never have held up on appeal if anyone thought she was genuinely deliberating.)

As predicted. :violin:

Indeed. CMJA can't thrive without constant interaction with other people that she can rule over. Add to that, no more deliveries from the commissary. And right now, she can't bribe other inmates into handing over their video chat time. Goodness gracious, what's a narcissistic to do? :jail: :violin:

I thought the same thing!! I feel sure she was going to make sure her restraints showed somehow. And in the process, create even another delay of who knows how many years. And she was NOT happy she didn't get her way. It cracked me up when JW said she wanted to walk to the stand like any other witness. And the judge was going to allow it!

I thought good lord, this is like the twilight zone - she's not another witness - shes a convicted first degree murderer!!! No one is there to buy her a frappacino and braid her hair!!

Am I supposed to be sad about that? I don't believe she had any kind of real mental break. At most I believe it is the realization that she is going to prison and did not get away with her insane scheme.

ITA. The realization is finally hitting her. Thank God the first jury found her guilty of 1st degree felony murder. With this entire circus swirling around this killer, it is amazing to me that someone got it right and she was convicted. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove