Django Unchained's Daniele Watts detained, mistaken for prostitute?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I guess this presser has already happened.

'....some of L.A.'s most prominent African American leaders are denouncing Watts:

Project Islamic Hope President Najee Ali, Los Angeles Urban Policy Roundtable President Earl Ofari Hutchinson and other local civil rights leaders have lined up against Watts' claims that her race drove police to single her out for an investigation on the afternoon of Sept. 11.

The leaders will officially call her out during a 9:30 a.m. press conference today at the studios of KTYM 1460 AM in Inglewood, according to a statement. They also "demand" that the actress to apologize to the LAPD.'

http://www.laweekly.com/informer/2014/09/19/daniele-watts-denounced-by-black-leaders#more

I LOVE IT!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess this presser has already happened.

'....some of L.A.'s most prominent African American leaders are denouncing Watts:

Project Islamic Hope President Najee Ali, Los Angeles Urban Policy Roundtable President Earl Ofari Hutchinson and other local civil rights leaders have lined up against Watts' claims that her race drove police to single her out for an investigation on the afternoon of Sept. 11.

The leaders will officially call her out during a 9:30 a.m. press conference today at the studios of KTYM 1460 AM in Inglewood, according to a statement. They also "demand" that the actress to apologize to the LAPD.'

http://www.laweekly.com/informer/2014/09/19/daniele-watts-denounced-by-black-leaders#more

That is excellent, good for them. Racial profiling does exist and the LAPD is notorious for it, but like anything else it should not be "used" when it doesn't really apply. It's like Rape or Domestic abuse. If people try to use it as a means of revenge it just makes it that much harder for the true victims.

These two losers were having sex in public and then she acted like an idiot. The article compares her acting entitled to the way Reece Witherspoon acted when she was pulled over, but at least most people know who she is (it doesn't excuse her actions, but she is a real celebrity).

I can't wait to hear John and Ken this afternoon on my drive home. They have been skewering her all week and I am sure will have a field day with this.

I love that "some of L.A.'s most prominent African American leaders are denouncing Watts". She completely deserves it for acting like a pouty child, throwing a tantrum and expecting to be made a poster child for poor mistreated AA women of Hollywood. Well it backfired on her and she completely deserved it and could use a little humility. humbleness and humanity.

Daniele Watts explains why she didn't cooperate with Los Angeles police in op-ed

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...s-didn-cooperate-cops-op-ed-article-1.1955949

This is a load of BS:

"Many people believe they know what happened that day," she wrote, admitting, "Brian and I had been making out in his car; I was sitting on his lap. We were not having sex, and both us had our clothes on."

Watts stands by her decision to decline showing identification to the officer although she admitted that if she had handed over her ID the episode would have probably dissipated sooner.

"We have rights because people throughout history struggled and even died to secure them," she concluded in her Orlando Sentinel story. "If I had handed over my ID, I would have denied their efforts. And I would have turned my back on the 16-year-old who watched her father endure an unfair and humiliating stop by police."

First of all, she WAS having sex. Their clothes were on, technically, but she had shorts on. There were pictures given to the cops by angry office workers. WHY were they angry? Because they had their car door open while having sex, and that is a very bust side street, where many kids walk around because it is where CBS holds auditions.

Second, it is BS for her to keep saying that she didn't have to show her ID. Citizens called LE with a complaint. They thought she might have been a hooker because SHE WAS ACTING LIKE ONE. It was not racial, it was about basic indecency. So for her to align herself with Rosa Parks is disgusting.

She was not a victim of racial profiling, she was a victim of her own idiocy.

Well said SwampMama & Katy. I really don't like this woman....I wish she would just go away tbh!

Serves them right, if you ask me. I don't particularly like THAT sort of stuff in public places, as I don't want to see it - but if she hadn't behaved like such a Prima Donna, 'Daddy Daddy' girl, they'd have gotten away with it completely. Poor cop just wanted to go get get a cup of coffee.

That is excellent, good for them. Racial profiling does exist and the LAPD is notorious for it, but like anything else it should not be "used" when it doesn't really apply. It's like Rape or Domestic abuse. If people try to use it as a means of revenge it just makes it that much harder for the true victims.

These two losers were having sex in public and then she acted like an idiot. The article compares her acting entitled to the way Reece Witherspoon acted when she was pulled over, but at least most people know who she is (it doesn't excuse her actions, but she is a real celebrity).

I can't wait to hear John and Ken this afternoon on my drive home. They have been skewering her all week and I am sure will have a field day with this.

I will be tuning in from the Bay Area to John and Ken via iheart radio app. Thank goodness for the "Breaking News on WebSleuths" thread to keep me in the loop. This story is a jaw dropper. :thud:

Excellent commentary, everyone... :moo:

:seeya:

The audio tape of her on the phone telling her Daddy what is going on is amusing. As if Daddy has control over this. Then she throws in that she played a cop on TV and her stepmom is dying. She is an ACTRESS in front of her studio. Oh and she is black and was raised the south. Umm, ok none of that is relevant, just show the cop your ID, act like a responsible adult and it would have been a non-incident.

I hope this is the last we see of her but seeing as she appears to be an exhibitionist, I can imagine that her next starring role offer will be in a *advertiser censored* film.

I think she's nuts, "Daddy? Daaaddyy?" Just an imperious, bratty woman. And who has sex in broad daylight in public? Ick. I think she's got a screw loose.

One of the reasons it makes me really angry is that particular street, right there, is full of students from local schools walking around the area and lots of kids waiting between auditions for CBS casting. I have been right there many times with my daughter when she was younger. So I found it disgusting that they would have public sex in their car.

But it is even more disgusting that she instantly pulled out the race card. " Only reason you are accusing me of prostitution is cuz I'm BLACK!"

NOOOOOOO, it's because you were having sex in your car, nitwit. geeezzzzzzz

I was reading an op-ed yesterday which I wanted to link but accidentally closed the window and can't remember where it was. I will find it, but it basically said the prosecution smacks of vengeance and the police officer on the audio was incredibly patronizing to Watts? I didn't get that impression at all. Also, that she was outside the car when police arrived - kind of suggesting people were mistaken about the lewdness?

It was really odd.

ETA: Honestly, my memory. It was the LA Times. Here it is. Writer said it smacks of 'payback', not vengeance, so I remembered that bit wrong as well.

http://www.latimes.com/local/abcarian/la-me-ra-charging-djano-unchained-actress-20141021-column.html

I was reading an op-ed yesterday which I wanted to link but accidentally closed the window and can't remember where it was. I will find it, but it basically said the prosecution smacks of vengeance and the police officer on the audio was incredibly patronizing to Watts? I didn't get that impression at all. Also, that she was outside the car when police arrived - kind of suggesting people were mistaken about the lewdness?

It was really odd.

ETA: Honestly, my memory. It was the LA Times. Here it is. Writer said it smacks of 'payback', not vengeance, so I remembered that bit wrong as well.

http://www.latimes.com/local/abcarian/la-me-ra-charging-djano-unchained-actress-20141021-column.html

I was surprised to hear on my morning commute that this seems to be the stance the local radio station is taking as well. That this was payback and a stupid move that will only make the LAPD look bad.

I am slightly torn . My first reaction was great. Karma. However I can see the point that it may make the LAPD look bad, and heaven knows, they are experts at making themselves look bad for much more important issues than this.

The other point the DJ made, is that this just gives her more publicity so LAPD should have let it die, along with her "career".

So, just an update on this. Driving Home last night John and Ken (KFI, Local So. CA Radio) had the cop on that asked for her ID. It seems he is no leave and expects to be fired.

Yep, Fired. Due to the fact that he gave interviews and released the recording, not because of anything he did during the "incident".

Now, that is the LAPD I have come to know and detest. They will back a cop that brutallizes or shoots someone, no matter how outraged the public is. But release a tape without going through their spokesman, even though the public appears to be close to 100% supportive of the cops actions (even the activists supported the LAPD in this one-that NEVER happens) and the morons are going to punish him.

Idiots. They have earned and deserve every ounce of disrespect the citizens of LA (and certainly surrounding counties) have for them as an organization.

Well said chiban. :facepalm:

Danielle Watts to Appear at USC Law School today as Part of Panel Discussion on Race, Sexual Expression and Civil Rights

----

I'm not finding anything yet online that the event is back on. Here's a story regarding the original event cancellation:

USC postpones event with 'Django Unchained' actress Daniele Watts - LA Times
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...ined-appearance-postponed-20141022-story.html

KABC will update their home page with a link soon. They've been on the air since 0500. This story will repeat throughout the morning, so you'll catch it again at 0600, and 1100 (after GMA). They will also promote it again in the afternoon at 4:00pm and recap it with video at 5:00pm. :sigh:

Palmer: "She's (Danielle Watts) scheduled to appear today at 4pm. She's "part of the panel at USC Law School to discuss race, sexual expression, and civil rights law around 4pm. Watts and her boyfriend Brian Lucas are currently facing charges of lewd conduct after police allegedly spotted the couple having sex in a parked car. Watts claims she and Lucas were only kissing."

This is a direct transcription ending at 0540

Via
abc7.com
http://abc7.com/live/

Daniele Watts, boyfriend must submit to jail booking in next seven days, judge rules

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...d-submit-jail-booking-judge-article-1.2010130

From your link:

(snip)

Watts was due to be arraigned on the criminal charge along with her boyfriend and codefendant Brian Lucas Thursday, but the hearing was postponed to Dec. 8 because the couple plans to share a lawyer and must sign a conflict of interest waiver first, the judge said.

The couple did not appear in person, but their lawyer Louis Shapiro said he was prepared to enter not guilty pleas on their behalf if the arraignment had gone forward.

(snip)

Sharpiro said his clients will cooperate with the booking process – which will include fingerprinting, a mug shot and immediate release.

“There won’t be any resistance to booking,” Shapiro said Thursday.

----

Why not just submit to this process from the beginning? Why are they allowed to share an attorney? It seems, to me, that DW is insistent upon making this process as difficult as possible for herself, and her co-defendant. Then, she has no problem complaining about the difficulty she encounters at every turn.

I haven't forgotten that their tryst occurred in public, on a well travelled street, within view of men, women and children. It is a situation they brought upon themselves.

We will see if the court order is abided by, or if further legal wrangling brings about more delays, or (can you imagine) bench warrants are issued for failure to appear.

With this case, we won't know until it happens. :cow:

:gaah:

It TRULY DISGUSTS me that she is appearing at USC and hitching her wagon to the Ferguson tragedy. What a bunch of baloney. She was WRONG. She was straddling her boyfriend and having sexual relations in broad daylight on a city street, and then when caught, she screams racism and calls out the cops as being angry her bf is white, and tries to intimidate them with what a big celebrity she is.

And hey, guess what. IT WORKED. Because the LAPD brass was too scared to stand behind their officer they left him hanging. When he tried to defend himself with THE TRUTH, he gets hung out to dry. Meanwhile she is on tv and the radio and making public appearances, LYING about this officer, ruining his good reputation, that he built up over decades. In one nasty fell swoop she knocks away his pension and retirement funds. It is DISGUSTING.

And USC is disgusting and pathetic for promoting this total and utter Bullchit. :furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kooger12
Back