Do you believe that Lee Anthony lied on the stand?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do you think Lee Anthony lied on stand today?

• No. I think that he was truthful today and all other days

Votes: 137 34.7%
  • Yes. I believe that he lied today and all other days.

Votes: 59 14.9%
  • I believe that he lied one day was truthful the next.

Votes: 90 22.8%
  • I don't know

Votes: 60 15.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 14 3.5%
  • I don't care

Votes: 35 8.9%

• Total voters
I have a feeling that's the lay of the land regarding familial harmony. I wouldn't join that family, for lack of a better (and more descriptive word) for all the money in the world.

:cow:

Bad actors IMO

LOL body language expert says they are a family divided right now -- perfect -- the DT LOVES to hear that -- mission accomplished :woohoo:

i think lee lied today, or at least lied by testifying to something he didn't really remember correctly. i mean really, he argued with his mom before the search and video in the woods about the search and video in the woods? that makes no sense. cindy, on the other hand denied that she "sent anyone" there. any arguments about or statements made saying she did send them, she denied.

Sometimes he lies, but other times he seems truthful. All the Anthonys do it.

It makes me mad because I was starting to think I could spot a liar finally, but this family has made me doubt myself.

IMO, they have decided to all mess with our minds so we believe this is the dysfunctional family where everyone's a lying victim. Caylee was the only innocent one. She deserves Justice and Truth.

Ok.Cindy Lied. What good does the Defense showing Cindy Anthony is a liar do good for Casey?

To show how hard it was for ICA to grow up in such a lying, conniving family. Goes to their defense theory why ICA did what she did for 31 days. Cindy is playing her part perfectly.

This is what I don't understand.

He says his mother told him this in October of 08. But they weren't out there till November of 08... and he was CERTAIN that it was October of 08.
So whats the deal with that? Why would the DT call LA to impeach CA? Does the DT now realize that CA is about to be called out in rebuttal? I'm just so confused as to what the Anthony's proved up there on the stand today.

I didn't think he was certain at all. Baez pushed him for a date and he struggled quite a bit before coming up with October.

I thought most of the testimony was merely JB exercising his power to irritate the masses with impunity.

LA exhibits odd behaviour -- his eulogy for Caylee didn't make any sense and the inappropriate laughing is very weird.

Anyone who finds humour when discussing the stench of a decomposing body in a vehicle, has a problem and I've seen him laugh at least three times now.

LA and CA are very immature IMO.

(This was his niece!!!!, but he still could giggle about it -- very sick).

His affect is odd, though. Something just doesn't ring true about him -- I'm not speaking of truthfulness, per se, but just something not being right. The laughing inappropriately is something I've seen people do under stress, so it's not necessarily a big deal. But with LA, there are other presentation issues that just make me wonder. I have never really known what to make of him.

Watching him on the stand, I'm beginning to think that some of the oddness of his affect is a result of his suppressing his emotions, or channeling emotions he's uncomfortable expressing into other emotions--anger into laughter, for example. I'm not sure that totally explains it, but that might explain part of it.

I believe Lee has told the truth to the best of his knowledge. I think he drank the ICA Kool-Aid frequently in the past and even if he doubted, did not want to rock the boat with his mom. I further believe he has spent much of his life trying to win the approval and love of his parents, only to be pushed aside whenever they felt like it. He is hurt and very fragile.
I do believe he loved Caylee and feels guilty for not being more a part of her life and I think he promised her he would find out what happened to her...CMA was Caylee.

After Lee's testimony today I think CMA could have been Caylee. As of yesterday I would not have said that. I think he was being truthful today (and maybe every day?). His feelings for Caylee seem strong and I think he does feel guilty that he wasn't more a part of her life. He may be heartbroken. Maybe he promised her and himself he would be honest no matter what for her. For Caylee. I think it is very possible.

I think Lee told the truth today. Not sure about his motivation, but I do NOT think this family is "together" away from the courthouse. I believe they only sat together after testifying because of the seating arrangements. It was just said on Dr. Drew's show that Lee left today apart from his parents & the attorney, and Lee has not been to most of the hearings & day to day trial. Another day he was there, he did not eat lunch with his parents.

I think he's lied in the past, but I also think he's the most honest of the family and agree he's been tossed aside in the past. Seems to be Cindy's pattern - Lee was #1 until Casey came along, then Caylee took Casey's place. JMO & all that stuff...

Lee might have been truthful today, but with this bunch it's hard to know for sure. But I don't think LA was being truthful just for the sake of being truthful. In his previous appearances being in the witness box during this trial he has been evasive if not outright lied if it didn't bolster his sisters case. He seems to have no problem throwing his parents under the bus if it helps his sister and isn't nearly as willing to be truthful if it goes against ICA. Even if he has supplied damaging testimony regarding his sisters culpability it's only because he knows he can't lie due to all the other depositions he's given in this case. He knows he's boxed into a corner on some aspects.

Also of important note LA is the only Anthony who refused to meet with the SA but went to great lengths to "reach out" to the DT and JB and meet to go over his testimony in Court.

LA also seems to be greatly hurt by being left out of the "loop" regarding family matters, but apparently doesn't bat an eye or seem to care that his only sister has accused him of molesting her and has encouraged reports that he might have an an incestuous relationship with her enough to question his paternity of his niece.

To say that LA is an enigma would be a gross understatement.

About CAs look (the picture) I happen to have to same mouth/and look . My girls are always telling me that their friends think I don't think I like them because I give them a mean look/evil eye. Its just the way my face is LOL.

That being said, I do think that he is odd man out. I think the reason in the very beginning of this mess that LA was so eager to solve the mystery of the missing Caylee was that He wanted to be a hero and finally gain some approval or get the attention he felt he deserved. Of course, my opinion.

A side note. Remember a while ago when there was discussion of body language and being able to tell when somebody lies? Well one of the theories was when a person swears to tell the truth, holding their hand up , if tilted back they are planning or will likely lie. I didn't see all Anthonys today because I was working with the trial playing on my computer, using earbuds. But IIRC Lees hand was not tilted back. Anyone have screen shots of the Anthonys while swearing in?

Don't throw any shoes but.....
I don't think Cindy has an angry look in this picture..I base my opinion on my own personal experience with my MIL..she has the same look or facial expression as Cindy..and it's not an angry look but a stare..my MIL also has lips that are down-turned when she has her mouth closed
Lee seems downtrodden and she watching him intently.
I know I may be the minority here but that is my :twocents: on that photo

WS rocks!!!

You might be right about CA ...although my first thought would be and was that is an angry face. It looks to me like Lee either had been crying or was crying then. Notice how his eyelashes are parted? And he just looks miserable. Can't help but feel sad for him. I hope he does get therapy.

IMO, LEE was left out of the family loop.
He doesn't seem to lie like his family.
I do see allot of hurt and anger issues.
He should get counseling for the mental abuse he had to endure.
I do not see a mother that consoles a son.
Lee is the odd man out.

I have a feeling that's the lay of the land regarding familial harmony. I wouldn't join that family, for lack of a better (and more descriptive word) for all the money in the world.

ITA....bet the family say ALLOT of those looks from CA

After Lee's testimony today I think CMA could have been Caylee. As of yesterday I would not have said that. I think he was being truthful today (and maybe every day?). His feelings for Caylee seem strong and I think he does feel guilty that he wasn't more a part of her life. He may be heartbroken. Maybe he promised her and himself he would be honest no matter what for her. For Caylee. I think it is very possible.

Boy do I hope you are right. One of them has to stand up for Caylee and he seems like the most likely. I could be wrong but hope not.

IIRC LA and CA said the same thing in their depo that they said on the stand. I think CA lied in her depo and on the stand. LA said in his depo he was mad with CA about DC searching and there was no reason for him to lie at that time.

I think LA loved and tried to protect his little sister. He knew she had problems as did the rest of the family. CA probably instilled in him that it was his responsibility to look after her. He was most likely embarrassed and hurt when she got pregnant. GA said in one LE interview that LA tried to talk to KC at the airport about the pregnancy because he thought she would tell him when she wouldn't tell her parents but KC lied to LA too. CA may have always put KC first because she was a problem. You know that saying about the squeaky wheel.

When LA found out that Caylee was missing he knew all about her lies and theft. He thought he could talk to her and figure out what had happened. LA had not been living at home and did not realize how bad KC really was. I don't think LA thought in his wildest dreams that his little sister could kill her child. When CA had DC search, I think LA realized that CA knew Caylee was dead and that's why he got so mad. When LE said "LA knows what he's done" I think it scared him enough to get away from the situation and start telling the truth as he knows it. He still loves his sister but he's not rolling over for her.

I think I'm one of the few who think that CA might have been telling the truth today. I have always thought that CA found out later about the PI's going out and searching for Caylee's remains on Suburban. I think they told her after the remains were found that they had been out there looking before because of the psychic tip. Then she told Yuri that she had sent them out there looking. And the reason she said that at the time was to make them think that somebody besides ICA had put the body there. Now that the defense is blaming GA she went back to what really happened. Lee seemed very certain that it was in October that he had this conversation with CA. How could that be if the video wasn't made until November? Maybe Lee was thinking of a different incident? I have no idea when it comes to this family. Either way I don't think the jury will care that much... having a lying family is no excuse for a murder.

I just don't know who lies when anymore, EXCEPT for Casey. She lies all the time. Truthfully, I don't think her family is that far behind her on the tally.

Now it is all for saving ICA, and to hell with the truth, reasoning, and common sense. I believe that JB has coached the A's, reveals the questions he will ask them, and tells them to respond in a way that helps ICA. Jose had previously ranted against SA and favoring the word "scripted". Must be another one of his obsessions, number one being how much money the witness is going to make.
IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back