Do You think Cindy Anthony is mad at GA?....

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How do you HURT the ones you leave behind? That's easy. Leaving your babies without a mother hurts them. Leaving a husband behind to care for the babies, without you, hurts him in many ways. Also, if I had killed myself I would be leaving a legacy to my children, a message that it's OKAY to commit suicide - suicide does run in families, I've seen it time and again. It's as if the parent, by killing themselves, gives permission to the child to take that way out.

My opinion only from hard experience

I think what they leave behind is Changed Circumstance and new challenges for those they journeyed with. Life is nothing but change and for those effected by suicide, you have a big one in front of you. I don't think they hurt anyone. I think you hurt people by Hurting people.

I like the tag line of Six Feet Under...."any day above ground is a Good day".

Thank you! I'm okay. I have been talking about him a lot on here lately because I have experienced losing a child and with a suicide .
I just hope I can bring some perspective to others.
I'm sure there are many on this group with similar experiences .

There are others, and your experiences do help. My mother and my brother committed suicide. It was years ago, but it stays with you.
Anger and depression.. hoping the legacy ends with their deaths, and does not continue with their siblings and their children..
Suicide is the most selfish thing you can do to the people that love you and have to go on living. There are so many questions that will never be answered.

Right , a big No No . DH said this last night while watching NG . George said "He wanted to make sure Caylee was in Gods arms " or something like that . But if he commited suicide he would never have this answer .

I'm sorry I don't believe that to be true at all. I know my brother is in heaven with his kids, my parents, and the rest of the family. If God is truly our father, what father would turn his back on his child that is obviously in pain, mentally and otherwise...he wouldn't

My hubby's dad shot himself when my dh was 11. He has never gotten over it. He has longed for his father since that day. And gone through lots of pain over that. When we met and he told me the story I remember asking him "aren't you angry at your dad for doing that? He looked at me so puzzled, it had never occured to him. Now me I'd have been angry that my dad left me. It just shows people are different and have different reactions to thiings.
The other thing about suicide is that if a parent does that, it almost leaves it as an option for the children of it. That part is selfish, leaving your kids is selfish. But I think people just get into a bad dark place and they can't see the light anymore. I think they just cannot be in their right mind to do that. jmho

IMO if a parent commits suicide they most likely feel the family is better off without them.They don't see it as being selfish,they see it as no longer messing up.This is a really complex subject and there are so many issues surrounding it! I just hope they all get help.

exactly how do you "hurt" the ones you leave behind? I see so many folks looking at suicide from their own selfish self centered perspectives. Do you honestly believe that people in enough pain to actually end their life sit around thinking, gosh how the heck is DORIS going to take this? They see nothing but Black in front of them.

Yes, but that doesn't mean it isn't selfish. When you are in relationships with others, you have a responsibility to consider the effects your actions will have on them. In my career, I understand about mental health and the hopelessness that people can feel, but that does not, in my opinion, make it unselfish to act in a manner that removes you from pain, while directly causing pain to those around you. They may not think about how Doris might take this, but I can guarantee that Doris is going to be devastated by what he did.

No argument there. But those that do commit, that I am familiar with in my personal experience, all started their notes the same; "please forgive me". Implies to me they certainly give thought to whom they may hurt.

Some people are too depressed to actually go through with killing themselves, they don't even have the drive to do that much. That's why anti-depressants can lead to suicide. they give the depressed individual enough of a lift to have the motivation to go finally through with it.

Anti-depressants have actually helped a lot of people. Depression is a disease. Many people take anti-depressants, because it is the only thing in the world that makes them feel somewhat normal. I'm very irritated and saddened by the above, bolded statement. This whole thing is getting too personal and very sad. There is way too much speculation. Every situation is different.

I think this is very sad that this family has fallen apart no matter what the reason. Just like people do everything for different reasons, people commit suicide for different reasons. Some can't face the thought of pain, the fear of the truth coming out, and some think their family would be better off without them. No matter what they are thinking, they are thinking emotionally instead of logically. I hope that anyone that is considering suicide will get counseling to help work out the issues. While CA may be mad that GA was considering doing this and selfishly thinking about how it would affect her, she was more than likely mad at the people that she feels have pushed him to feel like that is his only way out. They seem to think a lot more emotionally than logically...IMHO

I think what they leave behind is Changed Circumstance and new challenges for those they journeyed with. Life is nothing but change and for those effected by suicide, you have a big one in front of you. I don't think they hurt anyone. I think you hurt people by Hurting people.

I like the tag line of Six Feet Under...."any day above ground is a Good day".

Changed circumstances and new challenges? I guess that's one way to put it when a family has to put a loved one in the ground.

Anti-depressants have actually helped a lot of people. Depression is a disease. Many people take anti-depressants, because it is the only thing in the world that makes them feel somewhat normal. I'm very irritated and saddened by the above, bolded statement. This whole thing is getting too personal and very sad. There is way too much speculation. Every situation is different.
I agree with you that anti-d's help many people. but they do not help everyone and it was just an aside.

Yes, but that doesn't mean it isn't selfish. When you are in relationships with others, you have a responsibility to consider the effects your actions will have on them. In my career, I understand about mental health and the hopelessness that people can feel, but that does not, in my opinion, make it unselfish to act in a manner that removes you from pain, while directly causing pain to those around you. They may not think about how Doris might take this, but I can guarantee that Doris is going to be devastated by what he did.

Really? What about a woman who meets a new lover at work, decides she likes him better, and then proceeds to dump her devoted husband of 7 years? She was there, now she is gone. Isn't that "directly causing" pain to "those around her"? Isn't that hurt? Isn't that selfish? How is this different than suicide?

My dad committed suicide a few years ago....with a gun. We found him in his bedroom. He stated he was tired of being in pain and no longer wanted to live like that. He had been an alcoholic all the years I can remember and of course that had something to do with his health being bad. Its a long story...so I want go into any more detail. All I can remember is having many emotional feelings....but don't recall being mad. But I'm sure everyone is different and every situation is different.

Well said, and I'm sorry for your loss. Alcohol is often the first drug of choice, to self medicate with when someone is depressed. The alcohol itself causes more depression, but also a temporary numbness. Then the depression is over looked due to the alcohol. It's a terrible cycle.

I had a friend growing up, who when we were in our 20's his dad was diagnosed with cancer. He was one of those incredible cases of someone who was given a few months to live and held on for almost 7 years. His dad's illness was the focus point of their whole family for years. Then his death was exceptionally painful. My friend, being the oldest probably carried the mother lode of weight of the family and whatever issues came up.

A couple years after his dad passed my friend began having severe pain and was diagnosed with cancer after being misdiagnosed for months. His prognosis was very poor and the only way to prolong his life was not an option he could live with. The next day he committed suicide, his note basically said he couldn't put his family thru what they had just started recovering from again.

Can someone please tell me when the DP was put back on the table? I missed that, I thought it was taken off a while ago?

I also thought that the DP was taken off the table and is still off the table.

I don't know Cindy Anthony, I have watched everything I can on this case, read documents, I see what everyone sees, I know this woman has made so many mistakes, but wow, this woman is picked apart so unfairly so often, I can't help but speak my opinions.

I believe Cindy was upset and scared for George, otherwise, she would have left him go off and do whatever it is he was planning on doing. She stated once before "I don't want to lose my husband over this." That has always stuck with me. People speculated he was going to leave, I believe Cindy knew then what the real loss of her husband would have been and we got a glimpse of that when he was found in that hotel room.

Now we got Cindy as the bad guy again because her attorney called LE. He made several calls, the only call that was PUBLIC was the 911 call. How nice that we got to be privvy to that call. I agree with Florida regarding the Sunshine Law it stinks royal dung.

People are speculating on her state of mind by how she sounded while her attorney was on the phone. Her granddaughter was murdered, she's trying to plan the funeral for her granddaughter who she loved more than anything or anyone, including her daughter, whom she always loves and whom she HAS THE RIGHT TO LOVE, her husband has been missing since 8:30 and I wouldn't doubt she's on medication.

Do people honestly believe it right she would have had to bury her granddaughter alone without her husband?

This woman has been through a traumatic and trying time for months PRIOR to Caylee's disappearance.

But yet, people know how she was just fine & dandy during that 911 call when George was missing after everything that had transpired prior to Caylee's disappearance up to the night George went missing.

Cindy was grateful and happy George was okay and it's natural to get pissed and be angered by what he put her through after she knew he was safe. There is nothing wrong with that. I'm pissed he did this to her. Of course, once again, leaving Cindy to take care of everything.

She's going through menopause, she's hormonal, something I have seen many people complain about and make excuses about when they get a little testy over LITTLE things. She's had to work to save their home, deal with her daughter, deal with her husband's lack of work, his issues with losing money, and I'm sure there is a LOT more than that at play here. I would have henpecked George myself, I guarantee you.

Why is Cindy the bad guy? Because she doesn't act the way You or I think she should act? Because she has a dysfunctional family? Because her daughter killed the person Cindy loved most....and that's Caylee. Why is she the villain? Casey killed Caylee, Cindy didn't.

Casey, no matter what anyone thinks of her is probably going to get the death penalty. It's still Cindy & George's daughter. They have a right to love her. George taking an easy way out and leaving Cindy to deal with everything, is not right.

If you or I do any of the same things Cindy has done prior to Caylee's disappearance it would have been considered "taking care of business" "being the matriarch". I've said it myself and I have heard my friends say, well if I don't do it, who will....

Cindy has taken care of George, taken care of the home, taken care of Casey and her screws up and he's going to take his life and leave her.

What if every single time George has screwed up, lost money, he has played the nobody needs me, I'm not good enough, you are all better off without me card? How much can this woman take?

It's as though everyone WISHES it was Cindy there in that motel, and if it was they would say she was doing it to hide something.

Now for the "not rushing to the hospital" which I have seen countless comments on over and over again.

It's 2:00 am, she spent all day worrying about where her husband is, him, I'd be exhausted. I bet she wanted to go, but he's in a safe place.

I can guarantee you that her attorney, the hospital all told her George is NOT allowed visitors, period. But I guess she should have gone to the hospital to sit in the parking lot until he's allowed visitors. That's unrealistic and UNFAIR.

I've heard people talk about her weight, how terrible she looks, yet if she looks decent, then she has no feelings, and is doing fantastic. I don't get it.

I know for a fact I am not perfect, but I cannot get over how many people from all over know how they would handle things, when they have NEVER walked in these people's shoes.

Having 20/20 hindsight is a gift, I wish they could use it on me and my friends. I know more people that can't figure out how to handle tiny little crisis's like cleaning their home, or what to cook for dinner or how to deal with a coworker, or how to get their child to take out the trash.

I figure if people can figure exactly how this family should act at every aspect of their lives they can help me figure out some of my issues!

JMO

Cindy was "mad" that George was trying to bug out and leave her to deal with the whole mess alone. Suicide is always unfair to the survivors, and anger is one reaction to it.

They are Catholic, too, and suicide is a mortal sin, right? Cindy would see it as going against everything they believe.

What makes you think that the A's are Catholic? The vigils were held in a Baptist Church and they became friendly with a Protestant Minister who, I believe, was the officiate of that Church.

I'm sorry I don't believe that to be true at all. I know my brother is in heaven with his kids, my parents, and the rest of the family. If God is truly our father, what father would turn his back on his child that is obviously in pain, mentally and otherwise...he wouldn't

i share your belief cajun.

I know, and I'm sorry for countering your post. This is all so sad.
Don't be sorry for countering my post, that's what it's about. :blowkiss:

Another aside to everyone:

To all of you that can relate to this on a personal level, whether it be depression or suicide, please remember that when we post about this tragic incident we are posting about speculation regarding George, not you. It is hard to separate out the parts sometimes and I have seen many cases that have ended up with a lot of hurt feelings among posters. When we can too closely identify with an event and others say things about THAT newsworthy event many of us feel as thought the posters are talking to us and about us.

Remember, no one here knows our own personal circumstances so please don't take many of these posts personally.
Some of you have no idea what I am talking about, but many of you do. I have been here many years and I have seen this happen plenty.

I don't know Cindy Anthony, I have watched everything I can on this case, read documents, I see what everyone sees, I know this woman has made so many mistakes, but wow, this woman is picked apart so unfairly so often, I can't help but speak my opinions.

I believe Cindy was upset and scared for George, otherwise, she would have left him go off and do whatever it is he was planning on doing. She She stated once before "I don't want to lose my husband over this." That has always stuck with me. People speculated he was going to leave, I believe Cindy knew then what the real loss of her husband would have been and we got a glimpse of that when he was found in that hotel room.

Now we got Cindy as the bad guy again because her attorney called LE. He made several calls, the only call that was PUBLIC was the 911 call. How nice that we got to be privvy to that call. I agree with Florida regarding the Sunshine Law it stinks royal dung.

People are speculating on her state of mind by how she sounded while her attorney was on the phone. Her granddaughter was murdered, she's trying to plan the funeral for her granddaughter who she loved more than anything or anyone, including her daughter, whom she always loves and whom she HAS THE RIGHT TO LOVE, her husband has been missing since 8:30 and I wouldn't doubt she's on medication.

Do people honestly believe it right she would have had to bury her granddaughter alone without her husband?

This woman has been through a traumatic and trying time for months PRIOR to Caylee's disappearance.

But yet, people know how she was just fine & dandy during that 911 call when George was missing after everything that had transpired prior to Caylee's disappearance up to the night George went missing.

Cindy was grateful and happy George was okay and it's natural to get pissed and be angered by what he put her through after she knew he was safe. There is nothing wrong with that. I'm pissed he did this to her. Of course, once again, leaving Cindy to take care of everything.

She's going through menopause, she's hormonal, something I have seen many people complain about and make excuses about when they get a little testy over LITTLE things. She's had to work to save their home, deal with her daughter, deal with her husband's lack of work, his issues with losing money, and I'm sure there is a LOT more than that at play here.
I would have henpecked George myself, I guarantee you.

Why is Cindy the bad guy? Because she doesn't act the way You or I think she should act? Because she has a dysfunctional family? Because her daughter killed the one person she loved most and that's Caylee.
Why is she the villain? Casey killed Caylee.

Casey, no matter what anyone thinks of her is probably going to get the death penalty. It's still Cindy & George's daughter. They have a right to love her. George taking an easy way out and leaving Cindy to deal with everything, is not right.

If you or I do any of the same things Cindy has done prior to Caylee's disappearance it would have been considered "taking care of business" "being the matriarch". I've said it myself and I have heard my friends say, well if I don't do it, who will....

Cindy has taken care of George, taken care of the home, taken care of Casey and her screws up if and he's going to take his life and leave her.

What if every single time George has screwed up, lost money, he has played the nobody needs me, I'm not good enough, you are all better off without me card. How much can this woman take?

It's as though everyone WISHES it was Cindy there in that motel, and if it was they would say she was doing it to hide something.

Now for the "not rushing to the hospital" which I have seen countless comments on over and over again.

It's 2:00 am, she spent all day worrying about where her husband is, him, I'd be exhausted. I bet she wanted to go, but he's in a safe place.

I can guarantee you that her attorney, the hospital all told her George is NOT allowed visitors, period. But I guess she should have gone to the hospital to sit in the parking lot until he's allowed visitors. That's unrealistic and UNFAIR.

I've heard people talk about her weight, how terrible she looks, yet if she looks decent, then she has no feelings, and is doing fantastic. I don't get it.

I know for a fact I am not perfect, but I cannot get over how many people from all over know how they would handle things, when they have NEVER walked in these people's shoes.

Having 20/20 hindsight is a gift, I wish they could use it on me and my friends. I know more people that can't figure out how to handle tiny little crisis's like cleaning their home, or what to cook for dinner or how to deal with a coworker, or how to get their child to take out the trash.

I figure if people can figure exactly how this family should act at every aspect of their lives they can help me figure out some of my issues!

JMO

Good post, ITA. I'm no Cindy supporter, but I'm letting her off the hook on this one.

I believe Cindy was upset and scared for George, otherwise, she would have left him go off and do whatever it is he was planning on doing. She She stated once before "I don't want to lose my husband over this." That has always stuck with me. People speculated he was going to leave, I believe Cindy knew then what the real loss of her husband would have been and we got a glimpse of that when he was found in that hotel room.

She's going through menopause, she's hormonal, something I have seen many people complain about and make excuses about when they get a little testy over LITTLE things. She's had to work to save their home, deal with her daughter, deal with her husband's lack of work, his issues with losing money, and I'm sure there is a LOT more than that at play here.
I would have henpecked George myself, I guarantee you.

Why is Cindy the bad guy? Because she doesn't act the way You or I think she should act? Because she has a dysfunctional family? Because her daughter killed the one person she loved most and that's Caylee.
Why is she the villain? Casey killed Caylee.

Cindy has taken care of George, taken care of the home, taken care of Casey and her screws up if and he's going to take his life and leave her.

What if every single time George has screwed up, lost money, he has played the nobody needs me, I'm not good enough, you are all better off without me card. How much can this woman take?

JMO

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissa D.