DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do You Think Susan Will Be Found?

• Yes

Votes: 287 58.6%
  • No

Votes: 203 41.4%

• Total voters
That must have been a pretty good tip to search in Oregon & a specific area. I hope they find her.

The KIRO link says Josh's rental car took a round trip from SLC to Scotts Mill Oregon.This is the first I've heard tbis but apparently there was GPS in the rental car.

Also, Josh Powell’s rental car coincided with a round trip from Salt Lake City to Scotts Mills.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/investigators-search-rural-area-salem-ore-susan-po/nXsNj/

I think this just means that the MILEAGE matches up with Scotts Mills.
I don't think it means there was GPS. :banghead:

Here's an updated version of the report that goes into more detail:

Police search for possible remains of Susan Cox Powell in Oregon

Susan Cox Powell’s father, Chuck Cox, was also on the Oregon property to observe the dig effort. Cox said that he had received a tip about the area earlier this year that he had passed on to West Valley City, Utah, police. Josh and Susan Powell were living in West Valley City, Utah, at the time she disappeared.

“This could be a place where they could have dumped Susan’s body,” said Cox.

Deputy West Valley City Police Chief Mike Powell said they were “looking for anything that might lead us to Susan.”

“We have done everything we possibly can to follow up on those and conduct any additional investigation that may lead us to knowing and discovering where Susan is,” he said.

The site, nearly 800 miles away from Salt Lake City, does not seem to match up with a mysterious trip Josh Powell took in a rental car shortly after his wife vanished in 2009. At that time, police noted, Powell apparently took an 800-mile round trip.

Cox said detectives told him they were exhausting leads in the case.

“They were straightforward with me that if this doesn’t come through, they do not have any really good leads right now beyond this,” Cox said. “This is probably it as far as leads go.”

q13fox.com/2013/05/15/police-search-for-possible-remains-of-susan-cox-powell-in-oregon/

Also, Josh Powell’s rental car coincided with a round trip from Salt Lake City to Scotts Mills.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/investigators-search-rural-area-salem-ore-susan-po/nXsNj/

I think this just means that the MILEAGE matches up with Scotts Mills.
I don't think it means there was GPS. :banghead:

I didn't know this (BBM below), but others have followed much more closely than I have so may just be new to me.

A couple days after Susan was reported missing, police said that Josh Powell rented a car (police had seized the family’s minivan) and put more than 800 miles on the vehicle in two days. Where exactly he went has been unknown, but police claimed in search warrants that Josh activated a cell phone near Tremonton, Utah, at the time.
http://fox13now.com/2013/05/15/police-searching-oregon-farm-for-susan-cox-powell/

LE has just received a tip that Susan Powell's remains are buried in the Scott's Mill area of Salem Oregon. I think LE is searching now or doing a location work-up from the tip. This is from the live 11 O'Clock News on Channel 6 - KOIN TV. I'll see if they have a link on their site.

We'll have to make a new thread tomorrow if this turns out to be a valid tip ;}

LOL You guys are waaaay ahead of me but that's OK. I hope the tip is viable and they find her now.

I didn't know that Michael Powell committed suicide. Is he the brother who walked around naked?

Please keep us east coasters updated. Praying that this is the tip that finds Susan! Her family needs to lay her to rest with her precious boys and have closure. :(

All the local media are on scene and tweeting

latest one I've seen

@NicoleDollkptv 11m
#BREAKING Utah police just arrived at Scotts Mills property to resume search for missing Utah mom Susan Powell @fox12oregon

(mods I've been away for awhile hope it's okay to post that in here?"

I can gather up a list of local media reporters who are tweeting if anybody wants?

How does the mileage match up, if the location is 800 miles from Utah, and his car registered 800 miles? Shouldn't it have been 1600 miles, since he returned to Utah? Am confused.

And now there is this..

@KATUNews
BREAKING: Search for Susan Powell has concluded with nothing found, @ValerieHurst reports.

How does the mileage match up, if the location is 800 miles from Utah, and his car registered 800 miles? Shouldn't it have been 1600 miles, since he returned to Utah? Am confused.

Good point:

The site, nearly 800 miles away from Salt Lake City, does not seem to match up with a mysterious trip Josh Powell took in a rental car shortly after his wife vanished in 2009. At that time, police noted, Powell apparently took an 800-mile round trip.

http://q13fox.com/2013/05/15/police-search-for-possible-remains-of-susan-cox-powell-in-oregon/

I always thought either Michael and/or Steven Powell met him halfway to somewhere and they took the body to dispose of it.

And now there is this..

@KATUNews
BREAKING: Search for Susan Powell has concluded with nothing found, @ValerieHurst reports.

I think they may have concluded it yesterday and it may be why Ann Bremner is calling for volunteers - the link upstream says she still believes it is worth searching further. IDK, I could be wrong.

They need to search under any raspberry bushes planted on that property. That whole family with the huge exception of Jennifer Graves is so seriously messed up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMpavashootski
Back