Does Anyone here think Casey Anthony is innocent?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Psssst, Git...didn't you mean guilty? As in...they are not hired to say their clients are "guilty".

I dont think she is completely innocent, however, I don't think she deliberately murdered Caylee, as in premeditated murder.

I have thought all along that there was some accident that killed Caylee and KC has tried to keep people from knowing. Now, it could have been an accident that KC caused (perhaps in a rage) or did not directly cause, but still had part in because she wasn't watching her closely enough, or at all, so that would make her guilty of child neglect.

If I had to bet on it, I think she was drugging Casey and leaving her alone somewhere and her death somehow stemmed from that--that's what I think she's guilty of. But I don't think she actually planned to murder Caylee and then carried it out in cold blood. I realize many here do believe that.

Sooo . . .premeditated murder, NO.

Child neglect, definitely Yes. Child abuse and manslaughter, most likely YES.

Of course I don't know anything for sure, because I wasn't there when it happened. However, as others have already stated, her actions following Caylee's death seem to point to some level of guilt.

I'm glad you posted this thread.

Why not a hair of KC's? If the hair is stuck to the inside of the tape, KC put the tape on. Also there will be prints, because how do you use tape with any kind of gloves? This will be the final nail. I do have a theory without holes in it, but is it true? Probably not.

I now have a serious suspicion that there are no prints on the duct tape, or that at the least, the evidence released to the defense shows there are none.

You are right. Nobody can understand that but again there has been no trial and the information that is being put out to the public is being done for a reason. No one really knows what will come out on the defense side that might turn this thing all upside down. Just my thoughts

If KC had a mouse like personality, I might buy into that. However, she does not. I thought she might have had when I heard the first 911 call because she appeared timid. I don't think that was the case. I think she hadn't figured out what to do, thus the "give me one more day" request. I think she flies by the seat of her pants, and enjoys it. She likes the risk. Her father makes this statement.
I had given her the benefit of the doubt many times. I thought in the beginning that she just didn't want Caylee with her mom anymore. After reading the docs about the hair, and stain, I wasn't convinced either. Like CA, I gave her every opportunity to believe Caylee was alive, until she was found.
When she was found, and so close to her home, I realized that KC did in fact kill her daughter.
I don't trust LE, so I didn't take everything they said or did as pure, but putting them aside, and just looking at KC, and those around her, I have come to no other conclusion but to believe she killed her daughter. The duct tape and her personality, that is, how she treats her mother, and friends, lead me to believe that she is guilty of murder 1.
But this is just my opinion. Thanks for asking. :)
ETA; Since she is a proven liar, how can any defense be accepted as truth, unless it is proven with more than mere words? No sir, I do not believe that a real Zanny the Nanny is going to walk into the court room and confess. jmo

I dont think she is completely innocent, however, I don't think she deliberately murdered Caylee, as in premeditated murder.

I have thought all along that there was some accident that killed Caylee and KC has tried to keep people from knowing. Now, it could have been an accident that KC caused (perhaps in a rage) or did not directly cause, but still had part in because she wasn't watching her closely enough, or at all, so that would make her guilty of child neglect.

If I had to bet on it, I think she was drugging Casey and leaving her alone somewhere and her death somehow stemmed from that--that's what I think she's guilty of. But I don't think she actually planned to murder Caylee and then carried it out in cold blood. I realize many here do believe that.

Of course I don't know anything for sure, because I wasn't there when it happened. However, as others have already stated, her actions following Caylee's death seem to point to some level of guilt.

I respectfully disagree. If it had been an accident, we would have seen some remorse. I have watched all the video, read and listened to her interview with LE, and there is no remorse whatsoever.
I would have been mush if I had just been caught in a bizillion lies, and stuck in a room with 3 seasoned LEO, but she didn't even flinch.
No remorse at any time during the 31 days prior to the call, and no remorse after, along with how she treats others who are panic strickened tells me, murder 1.
jmo so don't shoot me. :)

I now have a serious suspicion that there are no prints on the duct tape, or that at the least, the evidence released to the defense shows there are none.

g - I agree with you. If there were indeed a finger print on the tape -- it would have been leaked, as usual. No info coming out at all.

This was my numero uno wait.:waitasec:

I don't have time to go back and read my posts BUT I don't believe I said or insinuated Casey was too smart to hid the body near her home. I believe I said to hide the body 10 miles from home would be more logical than to hide the body within 2, 3 or 4 blocks from home.

Many children killed by their mothers are dumped that close. Not just within 10 miles but sometimes right across the street.

I agree with your logic above. However, there has been no evidence that she was physically abused, no police reports, no hospital or doctor reports. Hmmmmm....Wouldn't SOMEBODY have noticed something that they would have been more than willing to talk about since this case started?

Susan Smith was considered a wonderful mom before she killed her kids. So was Andrea Yates. It means nothing to me.

(Snipped for space).

I am right with you.

Whoa really ? you think its a *polling thread* a *prevoting get the lay of the people* type thread ?

A concensus type of thing ?

and that photo that you reposted where is that taken ?

And :blowkiss: How are you gitana my lovely friend x

I agree - child neglect, child abuse and manslaughter. I, too, think medication will play a part in this. Of course, my opinion is just based on what we have so far -- could change with future info releases.

I respectfully disagree. If it had been an accident, we would have seen some remorse. I have watched all the video, read and listened to her interview with LE, and there is no remorse whatsoever.
I would have been mush if I had just been caught in a bizillion lies, and stuck in a room with 3 seasoned LEO, but she didn't even flinch.
No remorse at any time during the 31 days prior to the call, and no remorse after, along with how she treats others who are panic strickened tells me, murder 1.
jmo so don't shoot me. :)

Good post -- this is where my mind gets soooo screwed up -- If she is a sociopath, and if I'm understanding things correctly that they have no remorse, then would she "show" any remorse? If, when she has acted like a "good mother" (as reported from friends) - and that is explained by or suggested that she would act that way because a sociopath would sort of "fake it" to fit in -- then why wouldn't she "fake it" with remorse in this situation. Since she seems to be a liar from the get go, I can't (in my mind) pick out anything that she has said and put any faith in it -- if her lips are moving, I think it's a lie, so in my mind I can do the "but she said" routine. This is where my line of thinking gets sooo messed up - if she is in fact a sociopath, should her actions be considered as proof of premeditated murder - wouldn't she act the same way if it were an accident due to neglect, etc??
As I said, her actions in all this have just made me sick to my stomach, but when I just consider the evidence, I'm afraid (in my mind only) it doesn't prove premidated. Any input to straighten out my line of thinking is very, very welcomed!

Susan Smith was considered a wonderful mom before she killed her kids. So was Andrea Yates. It means nothing to me.
Andrea Yate is not in same class has Susan and casey. andrea was very sick and mental health fail her.

Could you please tell me where to find that report she filed? As I recall CPS said there were no reports of abuse reported that they know of. Thanks

Without going back and looking myself, as I assume you already know, iirc, I was responding to a post about anyone 'coming forward' not about specifically filing reports with CPS. You may recall the jail conversation between Cindy and KC trying to determine who this was that came fwd.

Google is your friend but I think the search function here will get you a faster and more accurate result. Here's a link to get you started:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2405859&postcount=442

And here's a link to that page so you can see they're discussing bond hearing:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2405859&highlight=hair+dresser#post2405859

Good post -- this is where my mind gets soooo screwed up -- If she is a sociopath, and if I'm understanding things correctly that they have no remorse, then would she "show" any remorse? If, when she has acted like a "good mother" (as reported from friends) - and that is explained by or suggested that she would act that way because a sociopath would sort of "fake it" to fit in -- then why wouldn't she "fake it" with remorse in this situation. Since she seems to be a liar from the get go, I can't (in my mind) pick out anything that she has said and put any faith in it -- if her lips are moving, I think it's a lie, so in my mind I can do the "but she said" routine. This is where my line of thinking gets sooo messed up - if she is in fact a sociopath, should her actions be considered as proof of premeditated murder - wouldn't she act the same way if it were an accident due to neglect, etc??
As I said, her actions in all this have just made me sick to my stomach, but when I just consider the evidence, I'm afraid (in my mind only) it doesn't prove premidated. Any input to straighten out my line of thinking is very, very welcomed!

Thank you for explaining the basis of your opinion. Your reasoning is sound but I disagree with your conclusion. IMO, even a sociopath can be surprised. Jolynna said it very well here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3259721&postcount=235

ps -- I've seen nothing to indicate any panic or shock at the death of her child at any time. To me, that indicates she knew in advance. While not exactly the diagnostic manual, this webpage gives a decent overview:

http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

I would guess a sociopath would have at least been enraged that Caylee dared die and open this can of worms for her. I think there would have been great upset at how this would affect her, KC. Remember the text about 'guess who gets to spend an eternity in jail' or whatever? You're correct there would not likely have been upset over the loss of Caylee, but again, I think there would have been a great deal of upset and anger about how this would play out for KC, if it was truly an unplanned accident. Instead, KC didn't miss a beat; a date; or movie night with bf.

Interesting theory, wanetta. Something to think about with this theory--
sociopath/accident would be that the sociopath cares only for herself. All of her motivations would be in her best interest. Keeping this in mind, would Casey go so far as to risk the death penalty, now LWOP, rather than 'fess up to a common household accident?

My instincts tell me she's still doing what's best for her and taking her chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur