Does parenthood and age effect our judgement?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Where are we devided?

• charges

Votes: 128 48.9%
  • no charges

Votes: 68 26.0%
  • under 40 no kids/grand kids

Votes: 12 4.6%
  • under 40 with kids/grand kids

Votes: 74 28.2%
  • over 40 no kids/grand kids

Votes: 15 5.7%
  • over 40 with kids/grand kids

Votes: 154 58.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am a female over age 40 with a number of stepchildren (more than 5) and one adopted grandchild. I don't have any "birth" children. I believe that if any or all of the Anthonys truly obstructed justice then they should be charged.

No matter how much I love my stepkids and grandaughter, I could never try to cover up such a horrendous crime if they were involved in it.-- they would have to face the consequences of their actions. I would do what I could to offer guidance and to be there for them, but I could not cover up such a crime-- especially if it was done to one of their babies. What kind of world would we live in if people were allowed to act in this way, even parents? I guess the law could exercise some leeway in dealing with the Anthony's, but if they refused to turn over physical evidence, gave them incorrect physical evidence (ie, the hair brush) and were untruthful in statements made to the police then they should face charges.

can the mods do anything to help?

I've sent a note asking just that. It's a two part survey, it won't work if people don't give an answer to 1 or 2 and 3-6. Also the title should have read Does age...effect our judgment of the A's I couldn't edit it. Thanks for your suggestions!

Oh well. Maybe next time.

I am mother of two daughters and one grandson 5. My daughter (youngest) had him when she was twenty. I could tell from the beginning she was not going to be the mother I wanting her to be. She also like Ca lie and was very self center and she lost her temper alot. She married the baby dad and things got worst. I can't count how many time I went over and brought home my precious grandson. She also would take money that given to her to pay the bills. When she turn 21 S___T hit the fan she left her husband and moved in with me. All she wanting to do was party. I ending up kick her out and kept my grandson the last straw was on a rare occession that she was to visit I went by the bar she now work at and she had my grandson in the bar. Long story short.Her ex husband took her court and got custody. I threated to tesfiy against her it she not give in custody with out fight. It is so easy to enable your children when they have your grandkids. I don't think the grandparent should be charge. What happen in the Anthony's house happen all over world when irresponable young girls has babies. Even at this minute a mother and her daughter is arguring over how that young mother is take care of her child. JMO

I am 60, hubby 62, 2 children and 5 grandchildren.......we say CHARGE THEM!
Happy tonight to have the 2 smallest with us for the STEELER game, such a joy to
be grandparents!!!!

I am 41 with five children and one grandchild. Anyone and everyone who had any knowledge of Caylee's death or location, or who purposely concealed,destroyed, or lied about any evidence pertaining to her murder should be charged.

I am 57 with 2 children, 1 grandchild. I REALLY need to get custody of my grandchild from my daughter but they both live with me anyway and she would still be in his life. I have threatened to call CPS but she just laughs saying they wont give her child to a crazy woman. ( I have VERY controlled bipolar disorder) She shares a birthday with KC, March 19th and is so much like her its scary. She does not abuse him physically but very hard on him emotionally and spiritually. I just want to run away with him sometimes. BTW..I would turn her in....in a heartbeat!

I've sent a note asking just that. It's a two part survey, it won't work if people don't give an answer to 1 or 2 and 3-6. Also the title should have read Does age...effect our judgment of the A's I couldn't edit it. Thanks for your suggestions!

Oh well. Maybe next time.
I can change the name of this thread to read Does age and parenthood effect our judgment of the A's, however to reword the Poll questions would throw everything off I'm afraid.

Maybe you could list here what questions you want to ask with clarification and then a new Poll can be added to a new thread.......Up to You!

I'm 50 years old. I have 2 sons, and 1 daughter. My daughter has 3 living children.
I was an enabler until 1 week ago today.
I had to back out of her life in order for her to grow up and take responsiblity for her own life, and choices. It took years for me to finally get to this point. I have not regretted it for a single moment, except that I won't get to see my grandchildren for as long as it takes my daughter to grow up. She is 31 years old.
I can relate to CA in so many ways it's uncanny.
However, even though I would find it difficult to believe my daughter would hurt her child, I would know in my heart. I would have done everything I could (except invite media into my life, and lie to LE)to help my daughter. Once my grandchild was found, I would tell my daughter to take responsiblity for her actions, and would not speak to her until she did.
If CA, GA, or LA intentionally broke the law, it is up to SA to decide to charge them. They know the extent of the crimes and what can be used to help provide justice for Caylee. I think justice for Caylee should be upmost in SA's mind and actions.
If they can provide justice for Caylee and they have evidence that any Anthony committed a crime, they should be charged.

No one should be above the law.. Side note, I don't believe in plea bargains. I think they should be outlawed. jmo
I didn't vote because it isn't up to me to decide to charge any of them, and I don't have all the info.

I am 57 with 2 children, 1 grandchild. I REALLY need to get custody of my grandchild from my daughter but they both live with me anyway and she would still be in his life. I have threatened to call CPS but she just laughs saying they wont give her child to a crazy woman. ( I have VERY controlled bipolar disorder) She shares a birthday with KC, March 19th and is so much like her its scary. She does not abuse him physically but very hard on him emotionally and spiritually. I just want to run away with him sometimes. BTW..I would turn her in....in a heartbeat!

dolly i was just reading a post you made on another thread about your situation and i wanted to say how sorry i am.

I can change the name of this thread to read Does age and parenthood effect our judgment of the A's, however to reword the Poll questions would throw everything off I'm afraid.

Maybe you could list here what questions you want to ask with clarification and then a new Poll can be added to a new thread.......Up to You!

i vote for the new poll (no pun intended)

I agree with the new poll: 8 categories in total, 4 listing charges + situation, 4 listing no charges + situation--that would really be the only way to correlate the information for an opinion based on situation.

Would this cover everyone on a new Poll?

I'm under 40 w/NO kids or grand kids and in favor of bringing charges
I'm under 40 with kids or grand kids and in favor of bringing charges
I'm under 40 w/NO kids or grand kids and and for NO charges

I'm over 40 w/NO kids or grand kids and in favor of bringing charges
I'm over 40 with kids or grand kids and in favor of bringing charges
I'm over 40 w/NO kids or grand kids and and for NO charges

There are some under 40 who have grand children so this would include them.

Mull it around, or post what you want :D

Would this cover everyone on a new Poll?

I'm under 40 w/NO kids or grand kids and in favor of bringing charges
I'm under 40 with kids or grand kids and in favor of bringing charges
I'm under 40 w/NO kids or grand kids and and for NO charges

I'm over 40 w/NO kids or grand kids and in favor of bringing charges
I'm over 40 with kids or grand kids and in favor of bringing charges
I'm over 40 w/NO kids or grand kids and and for NO charges

There are some under 40 who have grand children so this would include them.

Mull it around, or post what you want :D

Even better! :) Great idea. :woohoo:

I am a grandparent, and I need to see more facts before charging GA and CA. Now LA, Im more leery of.
But CA and GA, so far as I can tell, the only things I believe they did wrong are; 1. Not keeping quiet! and 2. They need to confront KC and wake up to the truth!

I'm under 40 with no children. I say charges because I have family members that have raised their children the same as the Anthony's and they would (imo) cover for a crime as much as they possibly could.

I'm 50 years old. I have 2 sons, and 1 daughter. My daughter has 3 living children.
I was an enabler until 1 week ago today.
I had to back out of her life in order for her to grow up and take responsiblity for her own life, and choices. It took years for me to finally get to this point. I have not regretted it for a single moment, except that I won't get to see my grandchildren for as long as it takes my daughter to grow up. She is 31 years old.
I can relate to CA in so many ways it's uncanny.
However, even though I would find it difficult to believe my daughter would hurt her child, I would know in my heart. I would have done everything I could (except invite media into my life, and lie to LE)to help my daughter. Once my grandchild was found, I would tell my daughter to take responsiblity for her actions, and would not speak to her until she did.
If CA, GA, or LA intentionally broke the law, it is up to SA to decide to charge them. They know the extent of the crimes and what can be used to help provide justice for Caylee. I think justice for Caylee should be upmost in SA's mind and actions.
If they can provide justice for Caylee and they have evidence that any Anthony committed a crime, they should be charged.

No one should be above the law.. Side note, I don't believe in plea bargains. I think they should be outlawed. jmo
I didn't vote because it isn't up to me to decide to charge any of them, and I don't have all the info.

Yosande. It was really brave of you to step away, I hope your grand kids are all OK.:blowkiss:

I'm so torn on this subject. We know they can't claim ignorance of the law and even if they do all kids learn this is no defense before they get their first drivers license! I just always felt CA was pedaling as fast as she could to keep Caylee alive, the fact that it helped KC was secondary. And Geo was just supporting Cindy. Lee is a whole other matter but I don't think he's done anything to help KC intentionally.

LE was so kind to them. So understanding. But Caylee has been their only concern since day 31.

Under 40, 3 kids. No charges.

Why no charges? I think a jury would not find a grieving couple guilty. The fact is that CASEY murdered Caylee. Not them. They clearly loved that baby. I dont know how much lying they did to police. They lied to the public, but as angry as that seems to have made people, that is not illegal as far as I know. Now what they did to make them ask for immunity I just dont know, and maybe I will change my mind when I find out. But for now, no.

No charges, I am over 40 with kids but no grandkids there was no group for me.

I'll be 40 this year and I have 2 kids, no grandkids (mine are just 2 and 8). I say charge them.

No charges, I am over 40 with kids but no grandkids there was no group for me.

I'm in the same category as you- over 40 with kids, but no grandkids, but I vote Charge all the Anthonys!:behindbar

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fruit
Back