Does Skyline school bear any responsibility?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just my opinion, but Kyron being addressed as missing and assumed at the bathroom could have been during any time throughout the group tour. unless someone knows otherwise I don't think it was stated that this conversation took place in the classroom. I believe it was in part 1 or 2 of the dateline interview there is a quick clip of one of the school entrances where you can clearly see a convoy of children running down the stairs only a few feet away from the wide open double doors to the outside. this looked like the stairwell beside kyrons classroom and I wonder if their intention was to quietly point out the lack of security in the building while filming.:waitasec:

Watch the video. The witness clearly says it was when the teacher and the sub were talking together, and right afterward the sub left. Why would the sub leave in the middle of the tour?

No that is true, I am just trying to reconcile how if LE are confident enough to state Terri was the last know person to see Kyron, how someone other than an abductotor later saw him KWIM. :banghead:

Ah ok. Sorry. I misunderstood your post.

After he describes the substitute panicking about kyron missing, the teacher calms the sub down and then TP relays that the substitute then left. It has been previously assumed that the sub took the group of kids off to view the rooms. But if you watch that video, he describes walking past kyron as their two SEPARATE groups pass each other going to see different displays in other rooms. When they get back to the room is when the sub panics. THEN the sub leaves. School was starting its normal routine then, no need for the tour guide to stay any longer.

Okay, here's the video.

youtube.com/watch?v=6tAZ1FmHtcI&feature=player_embedded#!

TP doesn't mention having been in separate groups when talking about when he saw Kyron. The reporter says that "the two" passed each other in the hallway and TP says "I went downstairs and that was the last time I saw him."

They could have been with a chaperoned group or with their parents or wandering alone or with friends. This is not specific.
IIRC it was said that it was at about 8:45.

But you're right, TP appears to have said that Kyron was at school at least for an hour and if he's right someone has been very careless.

But if he's right, didn't the rest of the children touring with Kyron for that hour see him?
What about the people in the classrooms that they visited?

Horman's Desk Mate Says Substitute Noticed Him Missing
Last Update: 6/09 11:30 pm

snip the first person to notice Kyron Horman was missing was a substitute teacher who was taking a head count as the second and third grade class was re-assembling after visiting other classrooms for a science fair at Skyline School last Friday.

"And she was like 'oh no where's Kyron there's only five' and Mrs. Porter was like it's okay calm down, calm down he's probably in the bathroom or getting a drink of water and she said alright I'm going to leave and she left, " says TP.

snip T says Kyron was in school for at least an hour Friday morning and that he saw Kyron's step-mother leave the school without Kyron.

snip Upon hearing the substitute teacher noticing that Kyron was not present in the classroom, P**** says the regular teacher said Kyron had probably gone to get a drink of water or to use the bathroom.

snip P's grandmother says F-B-I agents and Multnomah County investigators have asked P and his grandmother not to speak with the media, for reasons they did not divulge. Fuhrur says she decided to allow her grandson talk snip

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...itute-Noticed-Him/TVY3YTREG0SyCP3tb3MkZg.cspx
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5272107&postcount=20"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Kyron Horman - Portland, Oregon MEDIA AND IMAGES LINKS[/ame]

Was it ever clarified when the older boy saw Kyron (in the gym)? IIRC, he said Kyron was with other kids but Terri was not there. Could this have been after the start of the class tours? (I'm a bit fuzzy on this one, if someone has a link to the story I'd appreciate it)

The rest of the children and their parents are keeping quiet, per LE's request. TP's grandmother felt it was more important to keep talking.

Posting for quick & easy reference:

(ETA: Just before TP says the "I went" quote below, the reporter says:

Reporter: TP remembers passing Kyron in the school hallway Friday morning as the two passed each other on the way to see different science experiments.)

June 9 - Classmate TP

There were two video interviews of TP. Both are linked below, and transcriptions of TP are included.

Video transcription of TP:

- "I went downstairs, and that was the last time I saw him and I never did see him after that."

- "And she was like 'oh no where's Kyron there's only five' and Miss Porter's like it's alright calm down, calm down she's probably in the bathroom or getting a drink of water and she's like alright I'm gonna leave and she left."

Video: http://video.aol.ca/video-detail/in...-of-kyron-horman/2091168039/?icid=VIDURVNWS08

==============================================

Classmate: 'I Hope My Best Friend Comes Back'
Kyron Horman Last Seen Friday Morning
POSTED: 7:06 am PDT June 9, 2010
UPDATED: 8:24 am PDT June 9, 2010

Note: Reporter says TP saw Kyron around 8:45am:

Article: http://www.kptv.com/news/23842774/detail.html

Video: http://www.kptv.com/video/23842579/index.html

Video transcription:

TP: "And he walked by the hallway and I'm like, Hi, Kyron, and he's like, Hi. I'm gonna go see this cool one. Electric one. And I'm like, Alright, bye. And that's the last time I saw him. He never did make it back to class."

==============================================

KOIN has consolidated the majority of their articles, and most articles are no longer available. Fortunately, I'd posted this article in Kyron's media thread when it was published, so we have a record of it.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Kyron Horman - Portland, Oregon MEDIA AND IMAGES LINKS

Horman's Desk Mate Says Substitute Noticed Him Missing
Last Update: 6/09 11:30 pm

T says Kyron was in school for at least an hour Friday morning and that he saw Kyron's step-mother leave the school without Kyron.

They walked past one another. Not WITH one another.

OMG. I can't believe I missed this for so long. Yowza.

Wait, what?

Going to go re-watch for the 500th time lol.

Sorry for quoting myself, but holy carp, debs. How did I miss that??!!! You're absolutely right!

picture.php

I don't follow ya. How do you get two separate groups from the two of them passing each other when it doesn't say who they were with, or if they were with anyone? IMO it just means that TP and Kyron were walking in different directions and they could each have been a group of one or Terri could even have been with Kyron at the time.

I don't follow ya. How do you get two separate groups from the two of them passing each other when it doesn't say who they were with, or if they were with anyone? IMO it just means that TP and Kyron were walking in different directions and they could each have been a group of one.

TP describes passing Kyron as they were each going to look at different science projects. Following his timeline of events (even without specific times stated), the sub left only after they'd returned to the room, and only after having been reassured by the teacher that kyron was no doubt in the bathroom.

it's all there. It's been there all along.

I don't follow ya. How do you get two separate groups from the two of them passing each other when it doesn't say who they were with, or if they were with anyone? IMO it just means that TP and Kyron were walking in different directions and they could each have been a group of one or Terri could even have been with Kyron at the time.

BBM. In the video, the reporter says that TP says he saw Terri leave the building prior to him (TP) seeing Kyron.

I also noted that the reporter said TP said Kyron was going to look at another student's project. There's been some question about whose project it was, speculating it could have been an adult's, something off school grounds, etc.

But... they may not have been in groups. Perhaps the children were left to roam hither, thither, and yon at will.

I love the word 'thither'.

I also note the reporter states Kyron was "one of [T's] best friends".

TP describes passing Kyron as they were each going to look at different science projects. Following his timeline of events (even without specific times stated), the sub left only after they'd returned to the room, and only after having been reassured by the teacher that kyron was no doubt in the bathroom.

it's all there. It's been there all along.

IMO there is nothing about a sub in the videos about the sighting in the hallway. He doesn't say anything about what time it was and he does not say that either of them had the sub or a teacher or a group with them when they passed each other. It was reported that this was at about 8:45, but IMO it could be both before or after the final bell. At 8:45 Kyron was seen by Terri going towards his classroom so this is apparently an approximation of the time. I don't know how long it took for the first chaperoned groups to leave after 8:45 but TP only mentions saying hi to Kyron, not any other classmates with him and quotes Kyron saying "I'm going to see this cool one", not "we're going to go". About himself he says "I went downstairs". So they could have been with or without a group IMO.

The video is edited and his story is not continuous chronologically. When he's talking about passing Kyron in the hallway he is filmed sitting on a sofa and when he's talking about the sub noticing Kyron gone he is standing in front of stairs. He may have said a lot of other things in between.

I want to know how TP knows that Kyron was in school for at least an hour if he last saw Kyron at about 8:45. Kyron reportedly came to the school shortly after 8 so that's about 40 minutes or so. Who saw him at shortly after 9?

what intrigues me is TK version of events, he saw kyron in the gym with friends looking at other students projects (TH was not with him) and he stated that the time was 9:00 a.m. originally. He also said he had seen the Horman truck in the parking Lot (so figuring that is where it was parked at least when they arrived) TK's mother was also in attendance and snapped photographs in the gym that morning which have been handed over to LE. Tk was interviewed twice and was asked not to disclose his timeline by Le during the second interview. Wonder how many other parents handed in photographs.

Also was TK the child who testified at the GJ his age is correct..

I would take this as Gina Zimmerman, the head of the PTA, confirming/supporting Carol Moulton's version (I've never seen Terri's version):

The stepmother said she last saw Kyron at about 8:45 a.m. walking down the hallway toward his classroom, according to a sheriff's office news release.

It was not clear, however, whether Kyron, like every other student in the school, then participated in a classroom-to-classroom inspection of other science projects.

Parent-led groups of about four students walked among the classrooms, said Gina Zimmerman, president of the Skyline PTA.

"You were supposed to stay with your group," Zimmerman said. "I don't know what group he was in."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/search_for_missing_portland_bo.html

Note it also says this in this article.
However, the sheriff's office news release says school staff did not see Kyron after 8:45 a.m. and that he did not make it to his classroom.

This in no way DOESN'T implicate Terri, and in fact, may help a number of "Terri did it" theories, if only because there's a missing gap of time around the time that the tour groups would have been headed back to the classroom.

What I'm saying is that (in addition to a Terri did it theory) the school seems to have covered up the fact that Kyron did disappear while under their control, guidance, and responsibility.

BBM. In the video, the reporter says that TP says he saw Terri leave the building prior to him (TP) seeing Kyron.

Which video is that?

In this video

youtube.com/watch?v=6tAZ1FmHtcI&feature=player_embedded#!

the reporter says at 2.04:
Wendy says T. has told her he saw Kyron's stepmom Terri leaving the school building. Kyron was not with his stepmom when she left the school.

I can't find it where he says that this happened before or after T. saw Kyron.

Note it also says this in this article.
However, the sheriff's office news release says school staff did not see Kyron after 8:45 a.m. and that he did not make it to his classroom.

Technically, the substitute or volunteer who guided one of those groups which Kyron was assigned to, is NOT school staff.

Everyone be careful with the minor names. Just a friendly reminder... 10-4? :blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway