Does Skyline school bear any responsibility?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to discuss the "creepy" man the children reported seeing at the school that morning, but I need a link and I can't link to a FB of a minor'

Here is the original post from June 5, the day after Kyron goes missing:

"Kids on FB are discussing this case. They claim that there was a "creepy" man at the school walking around by himself. They also said that the school was open for people to come and go."

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #1

Does anyone have another reference for the creepy man seen that morning? TIA

Bumping for Gliving. If we can find a link this may be something we want to visit.

Technically, the substitute or volunteer who guided one of those groups which Kyron was assigned to, is NOT school staff.

So what everyone is discussing here, is that Kyron was in class, assigned to his group and started the tour? IMO after LE got statements from all the students, staff and volunteers on Sat. the 5th and Sun. the 6th. I would think that TP, the volunteer or one of the other students in Kyron's group, would be one of the last known person to have seen Kyron that morning. Why would LE keep saying Terri is the last known person to have seen Kyron?

Bumping for Gliving. If we can find a link this may be something we want to visit.

"The teacher thought I said I was going to take Kyron with K*** for a doctor's appt.," she wrote on June 5, 2010. "I said I was going to look at other exhibits - how do you mess that up? His coat and backpack were still at school. I left the school at 9 and he was seen with a man 'chaperone' and 2 girls after I left. There were no men on the chaperone list. That and it was highly chaotic - had to been 300 people running around - no coordination."

Could it be the same man Terri talks about? Only she says this one was seen with Kyron and two girls, not walking by himself but a man could do both in one morning.
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/100415079.html

So what everyone is discussing here, is that Kyron was in class, assigned to his group and started the tour? IMO after LE got statements from all the students, staff and volunteers on Sat. the 5th and Sun. the 6th. I would think that TP, the volunteer or one of the other students in Kyron's group, would be one of the last known person to have seen Kyron that morning. Why would LE keep saying Terri is the last known person to have seen Kyron?

BBM. We're noodlin' :)

On the 6th, at the presser, is when LE (Staton) said a student they'd interviewed that morning saw Kyron at 9 by the south entrance door.

It wasn't until the 18th that Gates said Terri was last known person. IIRC, they haven't said it again since that day.

BBM. We're noodlin' :)

On the 6th, at the presser, is when LE (Staton) said a student they'd interviewed that morning saw Kyron at 9 by the south entrance door.

It wasn't until the 18th that Gates said Terri was last known person. IIRC, they haven't said it again since that day.

So, if LE has not contridicted that last statement, then that is what they believe to be the case. Is that fair to say?

Terri says in her email that she left the school at 9, so I suppose someone could have seen Kyron at 9 immediately before Terri left him in the hallway but it doesn't work with Fred Meyer at 9:12 and whatever would they have done between the final bell and 9am if Kyron was heading towards his classroom at the time?

Time is an estimate, and given a certain timestamped receipt, Terri would have to have changed her story about what time she left, wouldn't she? It doesn't work in our math to get there in 12 minutes, and it probably doesn't work in LE's timeline, either. And so, the next time she's interviewed, she'll have to change what time she leaves (remember, that same email says she had to go back for more interviews) in order to make it make sense. We just don't know what that next interview revealed to LE. What we also know is that Andrea saw her at the second FM by around 10 a.m. We know that by 9:45 (per the new timeline from TP, which should have been the old one....:: sigh :: ) Kyron was noted as missing from the group he was supposed to be in, and presumably missing from the school altogether, although LE did say that he was swallowed up by the school.

So, if there is enough time for Terri to drive back to Skyline from the first FM and then back to the second FM to be spotted by Andrea (an amazing circumstance), I'd be willing to consider that as the more likely time Terri (IF SHE DID IT) could have done it.

But ......... wowzers.

So, if LE has not contridicted that last statement, then that is what they believe to be the case. Is that fair to say?

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, only myself. I think they believed it at that time. I have no idea if they still believe it, or when or why they may have stopped believing it, if indeed they have. I think it's likely they do still believe it.

Terri says in her email that she left the school at 9, so I suppose someone could have seen Kyron at 9 immediately before Terri left him in the hallway but it doesn't work with Fred Meyer at 9:12 and whatever would they have done between the final bell and 9am if Kyron was heading towards his classroom at the time?

Per LE, as of June 5, Terri had told LE that she left at 8:45.

Reference MCSO press release June 5.

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, only myself. I think they believed it at that time. I have no idea if they still believe it, or when or why they may have stopped believing it, if indeed they have. I think it's likely they do still believe it.

LOL. You confused me. :crosseyed: I'll take that as a yes.

ETA: I get that what you are saying is we really don't know what LE thinks.

Bean, I thought we were going to put a call in to LE? We really need those statement's from the school.

I read somewhere or heard somewhere that the SF projects had to stay up until 10 AM that Friday. We know that Terri took the truck for the specific purpose of picking up the project. So, why did she not go back to get it after 10?

I know that she is said to have emailed the teacher to find out when she could pick up the project, but something about that just seems hinky to me.

Do I need to move this comment?

I read somewhere or heard somewhere that the SF projects had to stay up until 10 AM that Friday. We know that Terri took the truck for the specific purpose of picking up the project. So, why did she not go back to get it after 10?

I know that she is said to have emailed the teacher to find out when she could pick up the project, but something about that just seems hinky to me.

I'll play the devil's advocate for this one. Perhaps Terri did not want to interrupt class time and waited until 1:00 (the start of the talent show) to email the teacher. Maybe the teacher had a blackberry or some other device that allowed her to receive and answer emails fairly quickly. Thus Terri assumed she would get a response ASAP to go and pick up the project while the kids were out of class prior to putting baby K down for her nap.

Time is an estimate, and given a certain timestamped receipt, Terri would have to have changed her story about what time she left, wouldn't she? It doesn't work in our math to get there in 12 minutes, and it probably doesn't work in LE's timeline, either. And so, the next time she's interviewed, she'll have to change what time she leaves (remember, that same email says she had to go back for more interviews) in order to make it make sense. We just don't know what that next interview revealed to LE. What we also know is that Andrea saw her at the second FM by around 10 a.m. We know that by 9:45 (per the new timeline from TP, which should have been the old one....:: sigh :: ) Kyron was noted as missing from the group he was supposed to be in, and presumably missing from the school altogether, although LE did say that he was swallowed up by the school.

So, if there is enough time for Terri to drive back to Skyline from the first FM and then back to the second FM to be spotted by Andrea (an amazing circumstance), I'd be willing to consider that as the more likely time Terri (IF SHE DID IT) could have done it.

But ......... wowzers.

Could it work the other way around?
Andrea was not quite sure about the time, apparently.
Leckey told KOIN that on Friday, June 4, she ran into Horman at the Fred Meyer along Walker Road in Beaverton between 9:30-10 a.m.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...ounter_with_kyron_hormans_stepmother_odd.html

If Terri was there at 9:30 or so she might have been back at the school before 10 to become the last person to see Kyron.

Since it has been alleged that she might have had an accomplice to help her it is hard to know what she needed to do herself if she was part of this. Like are we sure that the receipt was obtained by her? Are we sure that Kyron was picked up by her? What about the other person allegedly seen
near the truck?

I'll play the devil's advocate for this one. Perhaps Terri did not want to interrupt class time and waited until 1:00 (the start of the talent show) to email the teacher. Maybe the teacher had a blackberry or some other device that allowed her to receive and answer emails fairly quickly. Thus Terri assumed she would get a response ASAP to go and pick up the project while the kids were out of class prior to putting baby K down for her nap.

Why didn't she just ask when she was at school that morning? Why didn't she go pick Kyron up from school - certainly she would not have been bothering class after school? Could she have gone during lunchtime? Did the teacher reply to Terri's email? What time did Terri send it? Too many unanswered questions.

IMO teachers can decide for themselves when to read and reply emails and whether or not to disrupt their class time doing it. I wouldn't worry about it when sending mail; I'd just figure that I'll send mine when it's convenient to me and the teacher replies when it's convenient to her.
I think Terri might have waited until after the start of the talent show to email the teacher simply because that's when she was at home with the computer.

Why didn't she just ask when she was at school that morning? Why didn't she go pick Kyron up from school - certainly she would not have been bothering class after school? Could she have gone during lunchtime? Did the teacher reply to Terri's email? What time did Terri send it? Too many unanswered questions.

:crazy: I know...same questions I have had - just tryin' to be the debbil. :)

It's pretty clear to me that 1/3 of a year later, we know very little more than we did by June 7th.

I'm sorry, the fact that she took the truck specifically to pick-up the project and then made no attempt to do so just. stikes. me. wrong. And no, I don't consider the email an attempt. Terri knew she could get the project at some point in the day and did not. As I said earlier, she could have been there at the end of the school day if her concern was disrupting the class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills