Does their RELUCTANCE to sit forthe CIVIL depositions affect your opinion of the A's?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Does the reluctance to sit for deposition affect your opinion of the A's?

• Yes, it is a negative for me.

Votes: 304 88.6%
  • No, they were within their rights.

Votes: 39 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's kind of more of the same for me. The case is valid unless and until it is dismissed for legal reasons by the court, and that is not likely to ever happen without discovery in the case. In the meantime, the A's can't just say they question the merits and won't participate. Neither could I, with impunity. Casey has filed a counterclaim, and I assume at the heart of that is a claim that this case is frivolous because this is not the kidnapping Zanny. There has to be discovery in regard to that, too. She hasn't chosen to dismiss it voluntarily. So yes, I see them once again claiming special entitlement, and giving a reason for it that will play better to the public, but that I don't believe is the real reason they don't want to go forward. They really don't want to expose their total lack of any firsthand, personal knowledge of Zanny the nanny and lack of any corroboration that she ever existed. All they know came from Casey, and she lies. At least one of them might be caught in making up untruths to support Casey's untruths. This would not be helpful to the defense, so they don't want to do it. If they give a truthful version under oath now, that can be shared with the public, then they can't go on national television again when it suits them, or on the stand in the criminal trial, and say the exact opposite.

It really bothers me that the A's are expected to heal on some sort of schedule. I have had times in my life where things were painful and even though I could see what I should be thinking I was emotionally not ready to think or behave completely rationally. It takes a long time to come to terms with painful facts even when they are right in front of you. We all need to give them time to absorb the horrors of what has happened, give them time to accept, grieve, and find something that makes them want to carry on living. I wish we could all understand that but in order to do that we would all need to be living in their hell. Let's stop criticizing them.

Yes, I am bothered by their reluctance/refusal to answer the civil depo questions. It seems to me that they have already spoken publicly and to the police about ZFG. They have stated in recorded testimony that they have not met her, do not know her, and CA thinks that ZFG is just a "code" for whoever was watching the baby at that time. So, what is the problem? I would think it would be better for them if they are "emotionally fragile" to just restate these things and get it over with. Why prolong the inevitable?

bolded by me- I think you may have hit the nail on the head- if the lawyer for ZFG asks her about that statement-- doesn't that kinda set CA up for perjury or at least conflicting statements if she insists again that KC's imaginary nanny ZFG took the baby, just not this ZFG.? If she admits that she doesn't beleive there ever was a ZFG, she puts damning testimony about her daughter credibility into the public record...could that be brought up in the criminal case? Is this one of the "misstatement/conflicting statements" that BC is worried about if they are reinterviewed by LE? Kinda throws a wrench in their whole "we & KFN are looking for a live Caylee all this time, cos we know the babysitter took her". Also all the jail conversations where CA asked KC what to say to ZFG to get her to bring Caylee back....IIRC, CA never actually made a media statement telling ZFG that KC and the A's "forgive her" as KC told CA to do.....that says a lot too, about CA's real beliefs about the "nanny" story.....JMO

It was my understanding that the deposition was for the ZFG defamation case, not the murder of Caylee (although they are both intertwined soemwhat).

It is also my understanding that the A's requested a postponement until the judge can rule on a motion to not have media present and he has 20 days to rule on that.

If that is the case for postponing the deposition, I understand. At the same time though they need to testify at least that this ZFG is not the one that Casey was referring to, so that ZFG can get on with her life.

It was my understanding that the deposition was for the ZFG defamation case, not the murder of Caylee (although they are both intertwined soemwhat).

It is also my understanding that the A's requested a postponement until the judge can rule on a motion to not have media present and he has 20 days to rule on that.

If that is the case for postponing the deposition, I understand. At the same time though they need to testify at least that this ZFG is not the one that Casey was referring to, so that ZFG can get on with her life.

bolded by me- I thnk the biggest problem with this is - how do they testify that THIS ZFG is not the one KC meant, if they never saw, spoke, met, had a phone number, address or knew the "nanny". How would they know this is not who KC meant?

My opinion of them has not changed because of this. I will withhold my opinion because JBean doesnt want this to become a bashing thread :crazy:

:crazy:My opinion of this mess has not changed anything about the A's except that it keeps the A's in the news .....Cant answer the question asked because it may bash the A's ....cant have it both ways now can we ???????
:mad:

IMO it's not the A's decision whether the depos aligned with the civil case have merit or not. That's up to the judge. I'm more concerned with what went on in the courtroom yesterday and the postponement, which I think was a bad decision. I'd actually like to see some members of the public down there in Orlando speak to the media about their experiences of having to give depositions when they were feeling less than *well*, physically or emotionally. I do not think the way the judge handled this is a good example for the people of Orlando.

This is such a sad situation for everyone involved, IMO - the A's and ZFG. The A's are grieving over their their beautiful granddaughter, and also they know that their daughter murdered her. I cannot imagine, nor would I want to imagine the enormous grief that they are going through. I know they are disliked by many, and they are definitely a dysfunctional family, but my heart goes out to them. I can see the pain in GA. I would not wish that on anyone. It's pitiful.
If they are receiving psychological help, that's great, because they need it.

ZFG's case definitely is not frivilous. She needs her day in court and I hope she wins. The A's reluctance to sit in the deposition does not change my feelings for them at this point. They all (A's and ZFG) have been through so much pain because of KC.

I voted yes, but not an overall judgement. One moment I want to defend them, and then the next I want to bang their heads together and tell them to stop the crap and get with the program. This is a "bang their heads" moment. As many have pointed out: their insertion into Haleigh's case, by their on own doings, begs to question the validity of their excuse to not go ahead and give a deposition.

ZFG's good name has been questioned, most likely ruined....a huge injustice.
Ditto for CA, GA, and LA....equally unfair.They did not ask for any of this.
The damage done has one source: KC .....she is the one who needs to be deposed. She is the only one with first-hand info anyway.

:crazy:My opinion of this mess has not changed anything about the A's except that it keeps the A's in the news .....Cant answer the question asked because it may bash the A's ....cant have it both ways now can we ???????
:mad:
:crazy:

Guess not, but a couple of words in my opinion is 'snake belly' :snake: :)

I only have sympathy for this family. Whatever they choose to do about anything in their lives is their business and I really am not interested in it. As far as I am concerned this case is closed. Time to move on.:rolleyes:

I don't think that my opinion of the Anthony's really matters! No matter what I may think of them, no matter their personal grief and sorrow, is not going to change the fact that Zenaida has sued Casey and Casey has counter-sued.

Due to that situation, the A's don't have a choice. They have to give depositions. Period. End of story. They may not like the Sunshine Laws that give the Florida legal system such transparency, but they have to abide by them. If they can have their depositions in private and placed under seal, that's also okay by me.

I don't believe Zenaida's case is frivolous at all. If it were, she'd be suing for millions, not a minimal $15,000. I believe her when she says she wants her reputation back. She doesn't have much in this world. She's been evicted for non-payment of rent more than once. No financial settlement in this case will cure her situation. All this woman has is her good name. She deserves to get it back and not be held hostage to the murder case.

To those of you that think that ZFG's case is frivolous and should be tossed, are you bothered by the fact that the Anthony's are putting off the depo?

I would totally think the case is frivolous if:

#1 - there was no ZFG in connection with the Saw Grass Apts.

#2 - Other ZFG's were singled out in this case.

#3 - ZFG did not drive a car identified by KC.

#4 - ZFG did not match a description given by KC.

If I were ZFG I would sue as well, if for no other reason than to publicly declare - Everything she said is a lie and I am fighting all of it.

I do not feel that the lawsuit is frivilous. ZG's name was dragged through the mud on national television for months. Her face was plastered on the television as well. She was accused of kidnapping a two year old! The child was subsequently found dead and discarded in the swamp. I would hate to find myself in such a horrible position.

Refusing/delaying the depo has shed a more negative light on the A's for me.

IMO, statements made by CA during her LE interviews would come into play in the deposition and this is the heart of the matter.

CA stated to LE that KC spoke of ZG prior to June. I believe CA still believed in KC at the time CA made her statements to LE. Since that time, CA came to know there never was a real ZG or that KC wasn't using the name ZG for another person.

If CA gave a truthful deposition, she would need to state that KC never mentioned the name ZG before 7/15. CA would have to continue covering for KC by lying in the depo, or she would have to admit her previous statements to LE were false.

I am going to give the A's the benefit of the doubt here and hope that in the criminal trial they intend to finally tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the whole painful truth during the trial (yes, this is a HOPE). IMO, they do not want to give this information during the ZG case and watch it play out in the media for months before the criminal case even goes to trial.

Unfortunately, their daughter put the A's in this position and they need to face it, grief or no grief. They will still be grieving years from now. They should just get it over with and let KC pay the price for the lies she told. They cannot help her any further. KC needs to sink or swim on her own now.

All of the above is opinion only.

This latest strategy to protect their daughter doesn't change my opinion about the A's. It does however, lead me to believe, that most of my "IMO's" in regards to their motives in the past may be right on. IMO

I voted negative. I had forgotten just how contentious the first interviews from CA were with the national media. I watched the interview with Megan K from Fox on July 21st again today, and I was shocked at just how angry CA was.

When the defense is trying so hard to soften the image of the defendant, it seems the A family purposely tries to create hard feelings. Just when you start feeling some sympathy for them, they say or do something that just doesn't fit with what you normally expect from a family.

...why not help ZG. I think all they need to say is they never saw her before, do not know her, and the truth will not harm Casey in any way.

I do not think it is a nuisance case ZG did not ask to be pulled into this and she has a right to clear her name.
I think Casey's Attorney is a big Jerk for counter suing.

I cut out the first part of your post because I only wanted to reply to the last part. Hope this is okay?

The A's can't simply go into a deposition and say they don't know ZFG and have never seen her because those will not be the only questions asked of them. I'm sure they will be asked if they think KC killed their grandchild and other questions surrounding Caylee's death. It is those type of questions the A's are trying to avoid because when answered truthfully they will aid in the prosecution of their daughter.

As to ZFG, I definitely think she has been harmed and deserves her day in court. I don't know why the misguided individuals (IMO) who are sending KC money in jail don't extend ZFG a helping hand instead.

Sue

I voted negative. I had forgotten just how contentious the first interviews from CA were with the national media. I watched the interview with Megan K from Fox on July 21st again today, and I was shocked at just how angry CA was.

When the defense is trying so hard to soften the image of the defendant, it seems the A family purposely tries to create hard feelings. Just when you start feeling some sympathy for them, they say or do something that just doesn't fit with what you normally expect from a family.

Or from Grieving Grand.... ok, I will shut up now.

What on EARTH could KC's attorney have to countersue????!!!! Unbelievable.

What grounds?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem