Donna Brock

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you, I do understand now..
So what does this mean for Ron C and Misty?
Am I correct in thinking both Ron C and Misty are pleading not guilty and are going for a jury trial and there is a possibility their sentences won't be as severe as those who have pled guilty or no contest?

You are correct Emeral. They have pled "Not Guilty". RC will take it up to the very last minute to change his plea.

They would be out of their 'blank" minds to go to trial. A jury would definitely find them guilty and the judge could give them the max. With th proof the State has, it would be suicidal. It is now "Game" time for ron and misty.

Donna did the best she could. She really did not have much choice....if the reporting is accurate.

I thought she did a "No Plea" but I am reading here that is not what she did. A No Plea would be a way of postponing things a little and give her time. She would be place as "Not Guilty" and the trial will be on, then she would change her plea before the trial begins...appears now she wil be sentenced on the date her trial would have started.

They would be out of their 'blank" minds to go to trial. A jury would definitely find them guilty and the judge could give them the max. With th proof the State has, it would be suicidal. It is now "Game" time for ron and misty.

They are in the legal trick bag for sure, even a no-contest plea. Without an agreement I don't see what's stopping the judge from giving them the maximum penalty if he wanted. IMO

I don't know how rc can get just 15 years. He has big charges and five of them. He managed to get his cases condensed and avoid the stricter judge in st. johns. Why does he always get the best deal legally. He has been caught with possession of every illegal, nasty drug known to all and never did any time. I see that area is real llight on possession but when it comes to meth, concaine, esctasy, and the date rape drug, you would think they would have thrown his butt in jail then. How can Shoemaker get 15 years (the minimum for one of his lighter charges? This is a nightmare, at least for me. I will be shocked if he gets sentence before any of the others.....rc will not like that, not one bit. He wants to be the last one standing.

I can see why Donna would be considered for as few years as possible but not rc.

I don't know how rc can get just 15 years. He has big charges and five of them. He managed to get his cases condensed and avoid the stricter judge in st. johns. Why does he always get the best deal legally. He has been caught with possession of every illegal, nasty drug known to all and never did any time. I see that area is real llight on possession but when it comes to meth, concaine, esctasy, and the date rape drug, you would think they would have thrown his butt in jail then. How can Shoemaker get 15 years (the minimum for one of his lighter charges? This is a nightmare, at least for me. I will be shocked if he gets sentence before any of the others.....rc will not like that, not one bit. He wants to be the last one standing.

I can see why Donna would be considered for as few years as possible but not rc.

You and me both Whisperer, but I expect Ron to come out smelling like a rose. He always has, why should this time be any different? It makes me sick. With his priors, he should get the most severe punishment of all the defendants. OMO

You are correct Emeral. They have pled "Not Guilty". RC will take it up to the very last minute to change his plea.

Donna did the best she could. She really did not have much choice....if the reporting is accurate.

I thought she did a "No Plea" but I am reading here that is not what she did. A No Plea would be a way of postponing things a little and give her time. She would be place as "Not Guilty" and the trial will be on, then she would change her plea before the trial begins...appears now she wil be sentenced on the date her trial would have started.

Whisperer, do you really think Donna did the best she could? I'd like to know if she has any priors. If not, I think she could have done better at trial. Well, that is if she gets the 15-25 years that's yet to be seen.

As for RC, I agree, he will NOT go to trial (and I also agree, he may take it to the wire) and frankly, it's because of his priors that he won't go to trial imo. That and he doesn't like people staring at him. I'm not being flippant, I really mean it. He doesn't seem to like people judging him or getting up into his business. Besides, he's probably smart enough to realize with his history, he'll come out better with a plea bargain.

As for Misty, I thought her attorney was a little nutso to want to take her case(s) to trial, but now I think that's her only hope (SINCE SHE HAS SUCH A LIMITED MEMORY ABOUT HALEIGH).

OMOOOOO

I hope there are others writing to the judge, if not, the judge will consider the ONE letter he/she has. I have seen accused child molesters get off easy due to letters. The criminals with attorneys know this will help them in the courtroom.

Time for a letter-writing campaign. The judge will consider all letterss that are written to them. I have read letters that have been written in their files. It is usually the parents and grandparents but I have also seen acquaintences....they wrote because the accused begged them for a letter....the more favorable, the better. Rc knows the game.

Well, I do happen to have Judge LaRue's address. Oh wait, that's not Donna's judge. Were you talking about this case? J/K

I wonder if there are not UC tapes that have not been released to us, or if some or all of the UC tapes that were released have been redacted. If that is the case, attorneys may be wise in advising not to go to trial. At trial, all tapes in full and un-redacted form would be played in court and they are damning enough as is, IMO.

As for DB, she has no priors that I have been able to find. I do not know where all she has lived to do an indepth check but it appears DB became a criminal just recently.

I do not know if a judge would consider letters from citizens--meaning, people who do not know DB personally and could thus speak for her character-wise, but it may be worth a try if anyone wants to write to the Judge. Letters would have to point to reasons why DB should not be sentenced per the mandatory laws (maybe pointing to the fact that she appears to be a woman who has lived right until mid-40s, then just made a mistake).

I doubt a letter challenging the fairness of mandatory sentencing laws will be of any help because a Judge cannot simply ignore the law. Letters challenging the law would have to be sent to your legislators (federal not state) in an attempt to get those laws changed.

MOO

You and me both Whisperer, but I expect Ron to come out smelling like a rose. He always has, why should this time be any different? It makes me sick. With his priors, he should get the most severe punishment of all the defendants. OMO

I know exactly how you feel SoSueMe. I'm already disgusted and Ron hasn't even gotten off yet. I guess I'm disgusted just at the anticipation and dread.

I believe the defendant is allowed to provide character witnesses (to say how great they are, this was a one time thing as they've never known her to do it in the past, she's not likely to do it again, etc.) prior to sentencing. Often times people who know the defendant will write letters to the judge in support of the defendant. GGMS seems to have already written one such letter for RC (at least I assume that's what the letter is that was filed with the court).

Does anyone know if the judge in this case has any discretion in sentencing (perhaps probation) or is he bound by the 15 year minimum mandatory?

I cannot believe that no one has went to the court and got a copy of GGma Sykes letter. I, for one, would love to know what is in that letter.

The Judges do not have discretion on minimum mandatory unless the defendant qualifies for the Youthful Offender Program. The Judge's discretion kicks ins on the Youthful Offender because the defendant can qualify but the Judge decides they do not or should not.

websleuthstrain.jpg

Citizens in jurisdictions nationwide need to cry out for mandatory minimums for violent crimes, especially crimes against children. Until then, such offenders will be given leniency more often than not. Leniency is not, however, much of an option for our players who are charged with crimes that ARE covered by mandatory minimum sentencing laws. This seems bass-ackward and we can all be outraged about it but bottom line is until we ALL ask our legislators to take action to protect citizens (and especially children) from violent offenders, bass-ackward is the way it will be.

I am not in favor of letting our players off easy just because OTHER crimes are not punished appropriately. The consequences of our players' actions were no secret and thus it is not "unfair" to sentence them according to the laws. What is unfair is that current laws do not mandate strict sentencing for violent crimes.

All MOO, of course.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

We have this on the Websleuths index page. Has anyone heard anything about Donna going to court today?

Everyone on Cell Block 6 is looking forward to welcoming her.

:banghead: I have searched every media outlet I could think of and nobody has anything about Donna being in court today. I even emailed a few reporters and sent them a reminder. I was praying that DB had something to bring to the table regarding Haleigh's case. It seems she will get a lengthy sentence as well IMO, she was charged with TRAFFICKING 28 G - 30 KG, which is much more that Tommy and Hope.
http://doris.clk.co.st-johns.fl.us/...t=BROCK,+donna&ps=50&m=name&s=4&caseid=192641
1/19/2010 ARREST SEQ: 1 - (893.135 1C1C) TRAFFICKING IN OXYCODONE (28 G - 30 KG)

I just checked also, MADJGNLAW, and cannot even find a mention of it!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rebel23
Back