Don't think I can continue here if no Gen Discussion Thread...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im new too but have read for years.
I am fine with whatever the mods choose to do. Either way.
I do like organization & politeness.

I respect Tricia's wishes. I also respect my fellow posters. I will work on adjusting to the multiple threads. :blowkiss:

I'm not going to throw one of my delicious home-grown tomatoes at you, but how does creating more threads stop the behavior you dislike?

~repectfully snipped~

Please do throw one of your home-grown tomatoes at me. I will catch it and make myself an "M&M" sandwich. lol ;)

Then why did you come here? :confused: All this drama over just the fact that the mods don't want so many nonsense threads? This place has been here awhile and has done just fine, the site is not going to crumble because some don't like the idea of having multiple general threads. Take the time to look around alittle and you will figure it out. What I do is go to the topic (Caylee) and find a thread that interests me. Then I click on the right arrow that will take you to the LAST post posted on that topic. I then work backward reading, so I don't miss anything. The Caylee section is crazy because there are so many people posting, but it is not normally that crazy. This is the BEST place on the web for websleuthing, with the BEST group of people---you would be doing yourself a disservice by leaving.

Of course. I want my personal info such as DOB and email address deleted however.

I have to agree - not liking it without the Gen Dis.

.... and I never read Gen Dis! I hate loooooooong threads, so I just kept up with what was going on in the forum. But now, since there isn't any Gen Dis, there are a million new threads and it's hard to read them all, especially because even very new threads are being pushed to the 2nd page in no time.

I'm not leaving, but maybe I will just catch up on the news media websites....

Splitting up topics won't make it go away, it will just be spread over more threads, giving the mods more work to do.

From a purely management aspect, I think removing the general thread will create more of a burden on the people who oversee the site.

Any problems will be easier to catch and handle, as opposed to going thru a 30 page, several hundred post thread. I'm on a forum with thousands of members, and you rarely ever hear from a moderator, unless they're posting normally.

And, if you think about it, forums weren't built to have a single thread with hundreds of posts in them. The idea is to have different topics for discussion.

I've never heard of a forum that has only a single thread. LOL I think THAT would make me crazy!
That's how topix is, and it is really pretty annoying. This is certainly a better format, but I still don't get why they would take away the general discussion threads.

Okay, here I go.

I worked hard to get into Websleuths. I read and read and read and read before I was fortunate enough to get in. A lot of people, because of ISP issues, aren't so lucky. And it sucks not to be able to get in here with all of these WONDERFUL people!!!
I remember thinking, the first day I lurked on WS's, that surely by the looks of this place, you must have to "pay" to join, right? I looked all over WS's that first day, looking for the "catch" that told you how much membership was. And then I discovered that it was free...and that some lady named Tricia was paying for all of this AND making it free to join AND free for guests. I was amazed. I still am. I feel obligated every time I sit in front of this board to offer assistance to help pay for this site. Knowing that she pays for all of this alone makes me feel guilty.
I have been lucky enough thus far that apparently I haven't really done anything stoopid...at least "Mom" hasn't told me that I have or sic'ed the mods on me. If I got banned, OMG, I honestly think I would die. I would be lost without WS's. Before I came here I didn't know that there was a single soul on the planet who shared my passion for solving these cases and bringing justice to those who otherwise may not have a voice.
I liked the GD thread as well. Oh well. I don't make those decisions, and I have to believe, because I have faith in the woman who pays for this site I love so much, that she knows what she's doing and I don't have the right to complain.
I mean no disrespect to anyone. Please, those of you who are tempted to cancel your membership or get yourself banned intentionally, reconsider. Your input IS appreciated and we are ALL affected when major changes take place. This too, shall pass. We'll adjust. We will survive without the GD thread if Mom doesn't want it here anymore. Please don't second guess her and upset her or make her angry. Mom's plate is full, please, just don't. It upsets me to think that right now, because people keep complaining about this GD thread thing, Mom may be asking herself why she bothers?!? What if WS's was GONE!!! No threads of ANY kind?????? No information, nothing.
Ws's is awesome. There is no better place to be. And our site is so highly respected and widely known for a reason. Now, could we pweeze get back to the reasons we are all here together to begin with? We all share a common goal..let's let this GD thread thing go and let's focus on trying to help find Caylee.
(And now I'm gonna go hide over there in the corner so I don't get hit with nuthin')

I THINK I LOVE YOU SHUTTERFLY !!!!!!! NOPE, I KNOW I LOVE YOU !!!

:blowkiss::blowkiss:

Any problems will be easier to catch and handle, as opposed to going thru a 30 page, several hundred post thread. I'm on a forum with thousands of members, and you rarely ever hear from a moderator, unless they're posting normally.

And, if you think about it, forums weren't built to have a single thread with hundreds of posts in them. The idea is to have different topics for discussion.

Lots of us are on forums with many thousands of members. The difference is that most posters aren't interested in many multiples of threads on a closely similar topic. In some very large forums, the entire CA discussion might be on a relatively small number of threads overall, rather than of a very large number of mini-topics and duplicate threads.

In the end though, the mods need to do whatever works best for them and what causes them the least work.

I Love You. I don't know you but I love you.

Have I told you lately that I love you?:blowkiss::blowkiss:

Sorry, Shutterfly's mine - LOL !! I didn't see your post Tricia !! I honestly now believe in "love at first read" - I got no further than reading that post and I was hooked

I'm actually kind of glad the GD threads are closed. Too much to read and not enough time to read unfortunately. :(
I mean... what there were over 100 of them? I think I can't find the important ideas in each thread, and don't know which thread they were on :(
I am way behind in this case.

I like the summary threads. Very helpful for a slow person like me!!

Keep up the good work everyone.

And then I discovered that it was free...and that some lady named Tricia was paying for all of this AND making it free to join AND free for guests. I was amazed. I still am. I feel obligated every time I sit in front of this board to offer assistance to help pay for this site. Knowing that she pays for all of this alone makes me feel guilty.
Before I came here I didn't know that there was a single soul on the planet who shared my passion for solving these cases and bringing justice to those who otherwise may not have a voice.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I actually like that the GD threads are gone. I work 8 hours a day and by the time I get home at night there are 3 new GD threads. I couldn't keep up. Now I just go to the thread that interests me. Much easier IMO.
Thanks Tricia and mods!!!!

I'm actually kind of glad the GD threads are closed. Too much to read and not enough time to read unfortunately. :(
I mean... what there were over 100 of them? I think I can't find the important ideas in each thread, and don't know which thread they were on :(
I am way behind in this case.

I like the summary threads. Very helpful for a slow person like me!!

Keep up the good work everyone.

Hi PFM! Miss you!!

I stopped reading the Discussion threads after like number 65 or so.

Two reasons for the general discussion threads going away.

1- the vast majority of people found them confusing

2-the mods and myself spent way too much time trying to clean up the general threads.

It was such a strain on our moderators and many posters complained to me about the discussion threads so I shut them down.

We are not trying to "steer" discussion. We are trying to make the forum easier for people to read.

Even if I did not get complaints about the general threads I would still shut them down due to the amount of unnecessary time our mods had to spend on them literally day and night cleaning them up.

Please, can we move on? Thank you.

One request........I need to have Poco sitting next to me to keep a gentle hand over my mouth right about now if you could arrange that, Please and Thank You! :angel2::gomods:

Other than that, as a GUEST in your home, and out of appreciation for the trust you have placed in me to enter your space, you will receive nothing in return from me other than my deepest respect for The Woman who has changed the way chit-chat regarding the criminal elements of the world is now carried out via the Internet.

Love,
RiverRat

I respect Tricia's wishes. I also respect my fellow posters. I will work on adjusting to the multiple threads. :blowkiss:

Me too.
At first I felt very lost, so many threads, so little time.:)
Although the DD threads were great, they also got way too long
and sometimes way too chitty chatty.
I like the Topic threads, makes it so much easier to look something up
if I need that info.
It might take a bit of time to adjust, but change is good.
I'm just happy to be here.:blowkiss:

This site is now so fragmented it's giving me a giant headache and my Websleuths Jones is hurting... *sob*. I find myself just going to the link where most people are gathered, which turns into a general discussion anyway. Oh, this is confusing.

It was much more difficult to sift through the General Discussion threads... all the topics in one -as well as those ranting about the Anthony's and name-calling. The Mods want us to keep topics to one thread. If posters are creating duplicates it will be taken care of. But, we can always post a link in those threads -redirecting to the OG thread.

Okay, here I go.

I worked hard to get into Websleuths. I read and read and read and read before I was fortunate enough to get in. A lot of people, because of ISP issues, aren't so lucky. And it sucks not to be able to get in here with all of these WONDERFUL people!!!
I remember thinking, the first day I lurked on WS's, that surely by the looks of this place, you must have to "pay" to join, right? I looked all over WS's that first day, looking for the "catch" that told you how much membership was. And then I discovered that it was free...and that some lady named Tricia was paying for all of this AND making it free to join AND free for guests. I was amazed. I still am. I feel obligated every time I sit in front of this board to offer assistance to help pay for this site. Knowing that she pays for all of this alone makes me feel guilty.
I have been lucky enough thus far that apparently I haven't really done anything stoopid...at least "Mom" hasn't told me that I have or sic'ed the mods on me. If I got banned, OMG, I honestly think I would die. I would be lost without WS's. Before I came here I didn't know that there was a single soul on the planet who shared my passion for solving these cases and bringing justice to those who otherwise may not have a voice.
I liked the GD thread as well. Oh well. I don't make those decisions, and I have to believe, because I have faith in the woman who pays for this site I love so much, that she knows what she's doing and I don't have the right to complain.
I mean no disrespect to anyone. Please, those of you who are tempted to cancel your membership or get yourself banned intentionally, reconsider. Your input IS appreciated and we are ALL affected when major changes take place. This too, shall pass. We'll adjust. We will survive without the GD thread if Mom doesn't want it here anymore. Please don't second guess her and upset her or make her angry. Mom's plate is full, please, just don't. It upsets me to think that right now, because people keep complaining about this GD thread thing, Mom may be asking herself why she bothers?!? What if WS's was GONE!!! No threads of ANY kind?????? No information, nothing.
Ws's is awesome. There is no better place to be. And our site is so highly respected and widely known for a reason. Now, could we pweeze get back to the reasons we are all here together to begin with? We all share a common goal..let's let this GD thread thing go and let's focus on trying to help find Caylee.
(And now I'm gonna go hide over there in the corner so I don't get hit with nuthin')

:clap: You can't hide with me right by your side! :viking:

RiverRat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members