Dr G Medical Examiner

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'd be surprised if they did feature her since there is very little of forensic value to her remains (well, so far as we know) once the toxicology info is released that might make the case forensically juicier for the public's consumption. Also, the episodes I've viewed do not show actual autopsies, they are recreations. Who knows though, this case is so high profile that it may be featured afterall.

Good question!

Of all places, I happened to see her on the Rachael Ray show this morning. She was actually promoting her book, which sounds like it would be interesting, as well as a bit humerous. I missed the very beginning where it said she was the ME who performed the autopsy on Caylee. I could kick myself for tha one.

I have a question in light of pictures of Caylee's body trying to be sold to the public.

The Doctor who did the first autopsy has a show called Dr. G Medical Examiner... does anybody know if Caylee will be featured on her show?

The family would need to sign a release, so doubtful. Also, I know Dr. G to be a woman of outstanding character and I highly doubt she would even entertain the thought; although from a forensic perspective and as a teacher I am sure she will find the ability to discuss the case once she is able as a teaching tool to be a substantial hilight of her career as an ME.

I would think if they did it would be several years from now after the case has been resolved. I've watched the show a few times and they are normally cases that took place at least five or six years ago.

If you have watched the show, it rarely focuses on homicides. 99% of the cases are about natural deaths and accidental deaths. The families involved in these cases must give their permission for an episode to be done about their loved one's case and I just don't see that happening here. What might happen would be a snippet in a future episode about how Dr. G worked on this case, but I doubt it will ever become an episode by itself.

If you have watched the show, it rarely focuses on homicides. 99% of the cases are about natural deaths and accidental deaths. The families involved in these cases must give their permission for an episode to be done about their loved one's case and I just don't see that happening here. What might happen would be a snippet in a future episode about how Dr. G worked on this case, but I doubt it will ever become an episode by itself.

I agree, her show is SO interesting because it focuses on solving the mystery of deaths. Unless there was some totally off the wall thing that Dr. G found that would make for an interesting episode, I doubt it will be shown. I do love her show though!! She's incredibly smart and methodical.

When do think the toxicology reports will be in? It seems like it is taking forever.

Can someone please tell me when Dr G's show is on, what channel, day, time? TIA

Charo Dr. G's show is on the Discovery Health Channel. I watch her on Monday night.

We live in CST area, so we watch her at 8PM.

absolutely!!! How anybody can say at this point in time that they think the evidence is weak is beyond me. Nobody knows what the evidence is in it's entirety with the exception of le, and as far as i'm aware, they haven't had the trial yet, so to make such a statement is bogus.

Nice try, but no cookie.

absolutley

I have no doubt that Caylee will make her voice heard. I just have a feeling it will be the truth too. No matter how crazy all these people around her were.

absolutley

Hi agree Robotdog, and of course allot has changed since this thread was started in Noember.

We don't know what forensic e*idence they ha*e, except now they say they ha*e proof Casey did the deed alone. I'll ha*e to find that quote from last week.

One thing different in this case from the OP is the tape that was put o*er the mouth and around the head. I can not imagine there not being fingerprints on the underside of that tape. And IMO that will show an o*ert act on whome*er's prints those are in dealing with a corpse. And what else is on that tape might tell if it was put there before or after death. If before like Dr Perper stated with an air of certainty, I see murder charges brewing.

xox Sorry for the *'s.

Hi agree Robotdog, and of course allot has changed since this thread was started in Noember.

We don't know what forensic e*idence they ha*e, except now they say they ha*e proof Casey did the deed alone. I'll ha*e to find that quote from last week.

One thing different in this case from the OP is the tape that was put o*er the mouth and around the head. I can not imagine there not being fingerprints on the underside of that tape. And IMO that will show an o*ert act on whome*er's prints those are in dealing with a corpse. And what else is on that tape might tell if it was put there before or after death. If before like Dr Perper stated with an air of certainty, I see murder charges brewing.

xox Sorry for the *'s.

I lo*e you Scandi.

I lo*e you Scandi.
''

Ditto Bean, Truthfully I ha*e been 'footballized' and am ha*in a hard time concentrating on
Sleuthing crime this morning. All I can think about are the gladiators we will see on the field tomoz night and one by one them being carried off the field

muttley.gif

Hi All! I haven't been on in a little while and logged on tonight because I just caught an episode of Dr. G Medical Examiner.

While I was watching I began to think about her involvement in this case and how her new found celebrity might effect the case.

I believe that it is very likely in opening and/or closing statements by the prosecution we will hear about the notoriety of the various members of the defense team in an effort to temper their testimony or impact. It is a somewhat valid question ... What are these people getting from siding with Team Casey? Many of them have achieved fame from their work on high profile cases ... Do they REALLY believe that Casey is innocent? ... or ... Are they there solely for publicity? To the same end I wonder if the fact that Dr. G has a television series might be used by the defense to imply that her findings are sensationalized to garner higher ratings. The same could also be said for any testimony that LP might offer. On the other hand, her show is good. I actually enjoyed it a lot. I found that she was professional, compelling and really kind of charming! There may also be a fan or two on the jury. LP as well, since as many here adore him as do loathe him for coaxing the spotlight. Will this have an impact on the case at all?

Hi All! I haven't been on in a little while and logged on tonight because I just caught an episode of Dr. G Medical Examiner.

While I was watching I began to think about her involvement in this case and how her new found celebrity might effect the case.

I believe that it is very likely in opening and/or closing statements by the prosecution we will hear about the notoriety of the various members of the defense team in an effort to temper their testimony or impact. It is a somewhat valid question ... What are these people getting from siding with Team Casey? Many of them have achieved fame from their work on high profile cases ... Do they REALLY believe that Casey is innocent? ... or ... Are they there solely for publicity? To the same end I wonder if the fact that Dr. G has a television series might be used by the defense to imply that her findings are sensationalized to garner higher ratings. The same could also be said for any testimony that LP might offer. On the other hand, her show is good. I actually enjoyed it a lot. I found that she was professional, compelling and really kind of charming! There may also be a fan or two on the jury. LP as well, since as many here adore him as do loathe him for coaxing the spotlight. Will this have an impact on the case at all?

I don't think so. Dr. G just happens to be the head ME in Orlando - she wasn't brought in, as a celebrity ME, and, it's not her fault that KC decided to do away with her daughter. She's just in the wrong place, wrong time.

The other bunch, on the defense side, is there for publicity, IMO. There's no money there. I have a feeling they're all going to come away from this case wishing they'd never heard of it.

I don't think so. Dr. G just happens to be the head ME in Orlando - she wasn't brought in, as a celebrity ME, and, it's not her fault that KC decided to do away with her daughter. She's just in the wrong place, wrong time.

The other bunch, on the defense side, is there for publicity, IMO. There's no money there. I have a feeling they're all going to come away from this case wishing they'd never heard of it.

Thanks for your input TC. You make a very good point that Dr. G's involvement is not by choice but by duty. I was just thinking that they might posit that her findings are to further sensationalize the case. I don't think that they are, mind you ... just putting the defense lawyers hat on for a moment. I was thinking about it more last night ... I don't believe that they would gain any ground from jurors by doing so because Dr. G's reputation (her record as an ME) would make impeachment of her testimony very hard. Whereas, the prosecution could easily bring up Dr. Lee's past indiscretion with evidence handling and such to dampen his impact -- on top of his love for the spotlight.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennilynn321
Back