Dr G Medical Examiner

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am waiting to hear who the DT brings on to say Caylee died of drowning and tries to discredit Dr.G.She was a very powerful witness today and a powerful person in her community and well loved by the public and-I think the DT will be looking real hard for a person who will go up against her!

Oh wow! Dr. G. is a gentle tiger!

:cupcake: :clap: :party:

my admiration for Dr G knows no bounds. I love brutally honest people with her kind of integrity. She knocked it out of the park!!!!!

I'm shocked that CM didn't go right after Dr. G's absolute statements. A staged murder goes directly against what she was testifying about. She made an appeal to logic and it is logic. But a messed-up compulsive liar wishing to point blame away from themselves is the opposite of a logical person. These people exist and do abnormal bad things. Garavaglia essentially said that no such person is out there in the world.

It was amazing watching Dr. G today. I was surprised that Mason did not attempt to make it appear that Dr. G was in it because of her t.v. show. That somehow it was to further her "star status" and gather viewers for her series.

Dr. G is a genuine angel in Caylee's court!!!

Mason blew his opportunity to ask about a (screwed-up) person who wants to make an accidental death of their own child look like a homicide by another person to escape blame for the accidental death. That is an oddball exception (to all parents calling paramedics) that Garavaglia would have to allow for even if she has never encountered it herself.

Wow, I appreciate this new perspective...I hadn't thought of that!

Wow, I appreciate this new perspective...I hadn't thought of that!

I think we will see it when the defense calls Garavaglia as a witness.

You don't know how this child died.
You don't know if the tape was applied before this child died.

Linda kenny baden says the judge stepped off the bench and joined the prosecution team when he allowed the pictorial presentation

big surprise

I've seen her lie and make up "evidence" on TV

so whose gonna believe her?

I LOVED Dr. G's strong, intelligent testimony today!!!!
She did not let Mason ruffle her or distract her and did not let him talk over her!!!

Dr G said the manner of death is homicide [no doubt in her mind]
based on 3 things:
- red flag when child not reported immediately to authorities with an injury - this child not reported for a long time
- other thing is body was hidden - a child's body is thrown out, hidden in a field, one of the things we look for in homicide
- also these bodies in closed containers, suitcase or plastic bag like this child was, from experience a red flag for homicide
- the last besides delay, being found in field decomposed, the duct tape on lower half of this face, no child should have duct face on its face when it dies, no reason to put duct tape after it dies, seen in cases of homicide

Dr G - we can reliably say a homicide but I don't know the means for which that homicide occurred

Mason - any objects found with body capable of causing death?
Dr G - only possible objects with body, don't know if caused death, would be duct tape if over mouth and nose, or suffocation with plastic bag

Mason asked if could be accident and Dr. G said no because child not reported for 31 days

Mason said she is saying "probably" a homicide - Dr. G said NOT "probably" -- that is the only logical conclusion based on scientific evidence based on observational info we have on homicide and children dying

Dr. G. said we look at all accidental drownings in my jurisdiction - 100% EMS is called immediately when child is found

Dr. G said - it absolutely has something to do with this case - every death has to put into the circumstances of death- never determine manner of death just on examining the body - we need to know how deaths usually occur - have to know - scientific studies about red flags for homicide

Dr. G - by my experience and what is known about the way homicides occur - preponderance of evidence, no other logical conclusion , not reporting child, when a parent has a legal and moral obligation to report, tossed in field to rot, body hidden, put in bag - big red flag for homicide, duct tape attached anywhere on child's face is homicide

Dr. G - we know 100% accidental deaths are reported, there is no reason not to report, if do not report injury to authorities you are risking that child's life, it is behavioral science, accidents are 100% reported unless good reason not to

Dr. G - no I said drownings are a common accident - 100% when person finds child, they call 911 because child might live, need to report

Mason - what if person finds drowned body obviously deceased - you judging their morality?

Dr. G - looking at behaviors, no matter how stiff the body is, they always call 911 in hope the child could be saved - looking at observational data

I loved everything about her testimony, but am absolutely crazy about her winning smile as she left the stand!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your delivery! :heartbeat:

I'm shocked that CM didn't go right after Dr. G's absolute statements. A staged murder goes directly against what she was testifying about. She made an appeal to logic and it is logic. But a messed-up compulsive liar wishing to point blame away from themselves is the opposite of a logical person. These people exist and do abnormal bad things. Garavaglia essentially said that no such person is out there in the world.

Please God stop giving the DT good theories.....they are screwing it up nicely!

One thing that stood out for me today on cross of DG. In regards to DG statement that 100 percent of child drowning cases that she had looked at were reported. 911 was called. CM asked something along the lines of would a person call 911 in the case of a drowning, even after it was apparent the child had died. DG replied something to the effect that it didn't matter how stiff the body was, they still tried to save the child.

I loved this answer, since trying to get help, of course, would be common sense, but I think it also undermines the DT theory. If we are to believe that GA and ICA were frantically searching for Caylee only to find her floating in the pool, or even on the bottom of the pool,...how would they know how long she'd been in there? An hour, half hour, ten minutes or 30 seconds? Is it even conceivable that two people, or even just one of them, who loved this child and were in a panic at not being able to find her would just accept that she was dead and begin a cover up? NOT Possible. They would be on the phone with 911 before they even had a chance to think about not reporting it. It would be instinctual. Either George would be screaming to call 911 as soon as he found her or KC would run to call as soon as she saw her in George's arms. I can not picture them just accepting her death right then, without question, without desire to save their child and then decided to cover it up. NO Way Jose!

I think Dr. G won the State's case today.

I see a conviction in KC's immediate future.

I haven't followed this case until the trial began, and for me, Dr. G connected the dots.

Mason blew his opportunity to ask about a (screwed-up) person who wants to make an accidental death of their own child look like a homicide by another person to escape blame for the accidental death. That is an oddball exception (to all parents calling paramedics) that Garavaglia would have to allow for even if she has never encountered it herself.

but ... the defense is not claiming a murder by anyone ... the defense is claiming an "accident" involving knowledge by the Inmate and her father George. Baez said in opening statements that there is no murder at all ... only a tragic accident then a cover up of the accident

I think Dr. G won the State's case today.

I see a conviction in KC's immediate future.

I love how she tied it all together in logical terms that everyone could understand, especially "normal" parents. I'm glad she was not asked scientific type questions.

I think it remains to be seen what evidence is actually thrown out. I'm not convinced that the chloroform will be tossed by the wayside because we also have the computer searches to back up the physical evidence. We also then have the defense's own WRITTEN statement about the accidental death being related to an OD of a sedative.

I'm sort of of the mindset that the cadaver evidence from the backyard will indeed be thrown out though, but I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again. We'll just have to see how it all plays out.

Ultimately however, when the O.J. Simpson case was cited, I think more than the evidence itself, it's much more relevant that OJ had Johnnie Cochran. This is a luxury that Casey Anthony will NEVER have. Had OJ had Jose' Baez (as if), you can bet your last dollar, he WOULD have been convicted.

oj also had a sympathetic jury, for obvious reasons. that no one likes to address,

but there it is.

I love how she tied it all together in logical terms that everyone could understand, especially "normal" parents. I'm glad she was not asked scientific type questions.

Sadly there was not enough of Caylee's remains for the ME to be asked or to answer scientific type questions. Dr. G was a wonderful witness even without much biological evidence to work with. Poor little, Caylee. I pray she gets justice.

I honestly do not see what the television show of this ME has to do with this case!! WTH?! Hello?! Reality TV!!

GMAB! I am not going to sit here and explain all the evidence they do have against this particular perp in order to get a conviction. It is there. It will convict her. They can prove their case in more ways than just the forensics. With this perp, they have motive, opportunity, and premeditation which are backed up with statements, witnesses, phone/text messages, forensics, and other things.

I think this thread is unneccessary and the title is very misleading. It has NOTHING to do with this case. For starters...look who the defense attorney is here. LOL He can't even get the proper motions filed in court which a first year law student would know to do. Sheesh!

Amen SS - kudos to you!

IMHO Scott Peterson rec'd the death penalty on much less. We can link Caylee Marie to the trunk. We can link the dump site back to the home via the laundry bag and tape (both of which were not the case in Petersons sans some cement in his storage area).

I've been watching like a hawk, and this week belonged to the prosecution. Dr. G was wonderful and didn't budge. Regardless of her TV show, the jury heard her (in the OP case, it appears they did not hear the evidence from Dr. G.).

Keep it up SA-you're doing great for Caylee Marie Anthony!

MOO

Mel

One thing that stood out for me today on cross of DG. In regards to DG statement that 100 percent of child drowning cases that she had looked at were reported. 911 was called. CM asked something along the lines of would a person call 911 in the case of a drowning, even after it was apparent the child had died. DG replied something to the effect that it didn't matter how stiff the body was, they still tried to save the child.

I loved this answer, since trying to get help, of course, would be common sense, but I think it also undermines the DT theory. If we are to believe that GA and ICA were frantically searching for Caylee only to find her floating in the pool, or even on the bottom of the pool,...how would they know how long she'd been in there? An hour, half hour, ten minutes or 30 seconds? Is it even conceivable that two people, or even just one of them, who loved this child and were in a panic at not being able to find her would just accept that she was dead and begin a cover up? NOT Possible. They would be on the phone with 911 before they even had a chance to think about not reporting it. It would be instinctual. Either George would be screaming to call 911 as soon as he found her or KC would run to call as soon as she saw her in George's arms. I can not picture them just accepting her death right then, without question, without desire to save their child and then decided to cover it up. NO Way Jose!

And if you live in a home with a pool and you have a child who can not be found wouldn't the pool be the first place you would look?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back