Dr G Medical Examiner

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How many children go missing for 31 days unreported? Of those, how many then show up triple-bagged in a dumpster twenty-five feet off the road? Of those, how many have duct-tape wrapped around their heads? Of those, how many have not one, not two, not three but many more items found with their remains that lead directly back to the victim's home?

She said as much but could have done so in a much more powerful manner.

moo

ETA - She could have even gone one step further. She could have told how many victims she had seen in her decades of experience with duct tape close to or near their skulls and explained what circumstances they were found in and what conclusions were made about them.

And Baez stupidly described how BOTH Georhge and Casey ran through the house looking under beds, in closets and cupboards, in the garage AND THEN they went out to the yard. WHO is going to believe that? Any parent that has a pool or is visiting a place with a pool always looks there first if their toddler is missing.

Especially when Caylee Marie would often wake George to "Jo Jo Swim". That in itself is heartbreaking!

That would be my first instinct - look in the pool. Look in the backyard. Forget about cupboards, cabinets, closets. KWIM? Did she get out back? Did she want to play in her play house, her little sandbox, or her picnic table? AND is the defense going to throw some testimony in that the back door was open when Caylee was "found" in the swimming pool? I had a toddler (now 14). He'd open a door, but he darn well never shut it behind him. Did anyone see an open back door?

MOO

Mel

Sadly there was not enough of Caylee's remains for the ME to be asked or to answer scientific type questions. Dr. G was a wonderful witness even without much biological evidence to work with. Poor little, Caylee. I pray she gets justice.

Hi, I just watched the 2 video's of Dr G but there must be more. At least I hope so as she didn't even mention the tape. I adore Dr G but was waiting for her to give her educated opinion on what caused Caylee's death - by suffocation due to the tape. Was there any testimony about the tape today, attached to the hair on the right side and in spots on the right side of the mandible?

Going crazy here as I have that incomplete feeling :crazy:

Linda kenny baden says the judge stepped off the bench and joined the prosecution team when he allowed the pictorial presentation

big surprise

I've seen her lie and make up "evidence" on TV

so whose gonna believe her?

I saw that too. I am going to start changing the channel whenever I see her pop up. She makes me nuts. :banghead: All I hear out of her mouth is deception and distraction to save Casey.....Never any mention of poor lil Caylee.

I have watched every moment of the trial on dvr each day. Today is the one day that I have saved the dvr recording. I have played over and over Dr. G's testimony. I was sitting in amazement that she was running the show on the defense. I have watched it over and over again and each time I just am even more in complete joy that she came over as she did. I am also very glad that she put it to JCM. Ifind JCM the bully of the defense and I am pleased he was taken down by a strong, intelligent, woman who simply brought him down with commen sense.
I feel as Dr. G is heaven sent to bring justice to Caylee. Way to go Dr. G. there are many around the country this evening thanking you and Caylee from above is blowing kisses your way.

It was amazing watching Dr. G today. I was surprised that Mason did not attempt to make it appear that Dr. G was in it because of her t.v. show. That somehow it was to further her "star status" and gather viewers for her series.

Dr. G is a genuine angel in Caylee's court!!!

I think Mason was smart enough to get out of dodge. She was a strong witness and getting stronger with every question.
His co-counsel should watch and learn.

Especially when Caylee Marie would often wake George to "Jo Jo Swim". That in itself is heartbreaking!

That would be my first instinct - look in the pool. Look in the backyard. Forget about cupboards, cabinets, closets. KWIM? Did she get out back? Did she want to play in her play house, her little sandbox, or her picnic table? AND is the defense going to throw some testimony in that the back door was open when Caylee was "found" in the swimming pool? I had a toddler (now 14). He'd open a door, but he darn well never shut it behind him. Did anyone see an open back door?
MOO
Mel

And those were locked sliding doors. So as you said, Is a toddler going to turn back around and slide the wall sized door closed behind her?

I'm trying to read back and haven't seen it yet. Did Dr.G say if it was her opinion the duct tape was placed before death or decomp? I can't remember where I read it today but someone said both her and Dr. Werner confirmed this in testimony. I saw Dr. Werner say it but may have missed the part where Dr.G did. I thought I saw the entirety of her testimony but now I'm not sure! Geez! I think that is very important testimony. Feel like I'm losing my marbles. Some days are just too much! :banghead:

I am thinking that Dr.G brought home to everyone just how SILLY the defense of ICA IS .

I have never seen Dr. G's show so I had never seen or heard her before today. I think she came across as honest, and clear but I can't say that I was overwhelmingly impressed with her testimony given the position and responsibility she holds.

my opinion only

Hi, I just watched the 2 video's of Dr G but there must be more. At least I hope so as she didn't even mention the tape. I adore Dr G but was waiting for her to give her educated opinion on what caused Caylee's death - by suffocation due to the tape. Was there any testimony about the tape today, attached to the hair on the right side and in spots on the right side of the mandible?

Going crazy here as I have that incomplete feeling :crazy:

She really didn't go there. But here's a good video:

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28200918/detail.html

MOO

Mel

I'm trying to read back and haven't seen it yet. Did Dr.G say if it was her opinion the duct tape was placed before death or decomp? I can't remember where I read it today but someone said both her and Dr. Werner confirmed this in testimony. I saw Dr. Werner say it but may have missed the part where Dr.G did. I thought I saw the entirety of her testimony but now I'm not sure! Geez! I think that is very important testimony. Feel like I'm losing my marbles. Some days are just too much! :banghead:

I don't think she specifically said it was placed before death, but she did state that there was no reason for duct tape to be put on a child AFTER death. So she implied that it was put on before Caylee died.

Dr G did not give an opinion on that matter iirc.

I agree with you, and pardon me if this has already been mentioned, but the point Dr. G was trying to make was that if the child drowned accidentally, there would be no reason to not call 911, UNLESS they (parents, caregiver) have something to hide.

What I believe she means is that in cases where there is an accidental death and when there is a cover-up, it is because there are other reasons for the cover-up, (hiding the body, etc) ASIDE from the actual death, ie: previous child abuse, an act of child abuse that led to the child's death

If Caylee really did drown accidentally and Casey panicked and tried to hide the body, she would have just dumped the body somewhere and carried on with the rest of her crazy Zanny stole the baby story. She wouldn't have put duct tape over the child's mouth, wrapped it in 3 bags and hid it in the woods.

Dr. G believes that Casey was trying to hide and cover up more than the actual death. At least that is how I interpreted her testimony.

Hope this makes sense.

Your post made me think of something CM said today. I do believe they are going to put KC on the stand after hearing CM say this:

CM
- So you're trying to tell this jury 100 percent that there's no way that this death could have been accidental?

Dr. G - No, I said 100% percent of the time, let's say on a systematic review of drownings, it's one of the more common accidents, 100 percent of the time when the person finds the child they call 911 because there is a chance that that child might... live. They need to report that and give them a chance

CM - And what if a person finds an obviously drowned body, that is so obviously deceased, what then? Is there some scientific thing to your conclusion about their morality?

Dr. G - No, I'm looking at the behavior as a systematic observational information that shows that no matter how uh... stiff that body is they always call 911 on the hopes that that child could be saved. Im looking at observational data on that kind of death. That's what we use.

It appears from what CM said that they really are going to put KC on the stand and say that GA found Caylee drowned after being in the pool for quite awhile and that's why the cover up.
Dr. G knew just where he was going and quickly lay that to rest with her answer. "...no matter how stiff that body is they always call 911 on the hopes that that child could be saved." I'm so impressed with her. She was one step ahead of him and showed the jury that even that story is unreasonable.

Yea, Ditto on that Geez! Testimony about the tape is critical, and I thought it would come from Dr G. And I thought she said to her knowledge Dr Werner Spitz did not do an autopsy of Caylee, only that JB had requested 'someone' to have access to the remains for another autopsy. That is where the tape I watched ended.

I don't think she specifically said it was placed before death, but she did state that there was no reason for duct tape to be put on a child AFTER death. So she implied that it was put on before Caylee died.

Exactly - there's no reason to put duct tape on a child before or after a homicide (I believe that's what she was getting at). Thus the reason for cause of death by undetermined homicidal means. That duct tape didn't just crawl onto her mouth (as the DT seemed to want to imply today). Why would the duct tape be placed across her head? Why would duct tape be applied anywhere? That's my question!

MOO - thanks, and please.

Mel

Can't add much to what's already been said but I just wanted to say that I thought Dr. Garavaglia did an excellent job of standing up for Caylee! I knew she would!

Thank you Dr. G.!

And those were locked sliding doors. So as you said, Is a toddler going to turn back around and slide the wall sized door closed behind her?

Having had a 2 year old (who is now 14), I'm going to go with personal experience and say NO. I can't remember if DS ever shut the door, but I didn't give him much chance to get out. If he opened our bedroom door, he never shut it. I can't imagine if he was ever able to get outside a locked sliding glass door, not only would he NOT be able to open it, he wouldn't be able to close it behind him either.

I'm thankful I never experienced that.

MOO - thanks.

Mel

not her exact words... but she said there would be NO reason to put the tape on after death. In her experience, the use of duct tape would be a reason to conclude a homicide had been commited. Do we have a link to court transcripts???

Hi Scandi,:seeya:

And remember how all the talking heads were predicting Scott Peterson was going to be acquitted?

That is why I don't pay any mind to what these mouthpieces say.

This case has much more powerful CE than SPs case by far.

IMO

Wow! Your post just reminded me of how many of us old-schoolers are here from that case and the court tv boards. There are many things like the dogs that I was very familiar with already but the forensics in this case vs. SP have certainly taught me a lot. From the very beginning of this case I have seen so many similarities with SP and ICA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back