Dr. Michael Baden: Misinformed or deliberate misinformation?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just hope that the evidence cuts through all of this carp!
It's slowly making me crazy. These are the things that I want: lay Caylee to rest...the trial...and a group sing at the conclusion (as they put Casey away for life)..."na na na na, hey, hey, good-bye"!!

Also don't have respect for Baden and "another important EXPERT witness who also was involved in OJ's trial, used to respect the one (HL) until OJ. Starting to believe they are all about money and publicty, nothing else and it is very sad :( Of course when involved in high-profile cases they can charge other people more which is really sad and makes me despise the so-called Justice system we have..

These so-called-experts make a living "spinning" their science! Whoever would have thought such a thing could exist???

No, but I'm from NJ...does that count?

PS- huh???

LOL Just was Kidding cause I am just a regular person .When I email about things like that I just get the standard BS one saying Thanks for watching our show.

I don't think Dr. Baden would do this, not intentionally anyways - he's very well respected - heck he was on the board who did the autopsy on JFK

He just might be misinformed - he could be learning things from the ole' wife and he uses that - so she could be feeding him the bull

I don't know her that well, she is good for throwing up smoke screens - and I don't think Dr. Baden is that gullible - I don't know

He's not misinformed, he's spinning the story and deliberately lying IMHO.

Are we prepared to seriously believe that a doctor of his stature can't be arsed to read CNN or other reliable news outlets regarding Caylee's forensic recovery efforts? You can't tell me he 'accidentally' missed a crucial fact that her bones were spread over some portion of an acre. This was headline news for a week not long ago. You just can't have it both ways. "Oops, I didn't know" just doesn't cut it and I'm incensed that he would presume to think the public is ignorant, naive or willing to dismiss that fact simply because he pontificates, editorializes and fabricates under the guise of being an 'expert'.

He discredits himself and, by association, his wife who is lead counsel for Casey every time he opens his mouth.

And don't forget, he is being paid indirectly one way or the other, whether it's simply his wife grabbing a big paycheck or whether their 'dream team' collaboration affords them stature to continue ambulance-chasing these types of cases (or both).

And that is my OPINION.

I used to like and respect Dr B until the Spector trial. I was shocked at the things he said under oath.

Same here,it was ridiculous.
But I always remind myself that he's not an expert but a paid expert.
You can't accuse him of lying,he isn't lying:rolleyes:,he only has a different opinion.:rolleyes:

When I heard that both him and dr.Lee,another (paid)expert I "respect" will be on her team I knew this will turn into a circus.

That would be my guess...deliberate misinformation.

He does have a vested interest...his wife is on the defense team.

Seems it wouldn't be the first time one has suspected him of this...

"Prosecutor accuses pathologist of colluding with wife to win Spector case"

http://www.courttv.com/trials/spector/081507_ctv.html

I lost any SHRED of respect I might have had for him after seeing his RIDICULOUS performance (and performance is the key word) during the first Spector trial. I cannot believe GVS or anyone else still gives him ANY air time.

That said, I'm not so sure his comments about the bones not being spread around was deliberate deception on his part. His wife may have told him that and he's only getting his info from her because he's really not paying attention otherwise, which is another reason he should not be spouting this stuff on the airwaves. LKB, OTOH, would definitely know that particular detail, so it would have been deliberate on HER part. Or maybe he was just saying "Yes, Dear" while she was going on and on and on about it and he only heard bits and pieces. You know, "Blah, blah, blah, bones, blah, bag, blah, blah, all, blah, blah, pieces, blah, blah, inside bag, blah ..." :bang:

What is with all these liars from the Spector case involved in this one?

Hoping for an appeal on down the road?

Since the credibility of some of these "expert witnesses" is questionable at best, can a judge refuse to allow their participation or have Casey sign off that she knowingly accepts their participation in spite of their problems and will forego any appeals process as a result?

Very true, but why would they have had to pick poor Caylees bone that were spread over like what an acre,if she was in a bag? plus with flooding and animals I dont see how the bag would not break. Mine always do (none contain bones except when I roast a chicken):chicken:

Dr. Jane G, Orange Co. medical examiner has a stellar reputation and at the news conference when they announced the remains were those of Caylee, she stated that some of the bones were scattered over a large area and that some were the size of pebbles.

I believe this to be the truth. If ANY of the authorities lied at this new conference it would severely risk the prosecution since every word has been replayed and dissected ad nauseum since it occurred.

I have to say I agree.
I am quite surprised that people are allowed in the USA to make sweeping statements about a professional being a liar in the written word
Do you not have laws covering libel and or slander over there ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Baden

This is a man who has quite some feathers under his cap.

Did you SEE his testimony in the Spector trial? After watching THAT, I believe he'll say whatever he's PAID to say, plain and simple.

Well, when the guy drastically changes his opinion the day after his wife is hired on the defense, it's pretty obvious why his opinion changed. If you go back and rewatch what he was spouting before LKB got hired on, you'd definitely hear the drastic change of opinion. He didn't just get out of bed one morning and decide that what he was saying beforehand was incorrect.

When he is questioned as a witness at trial, can the prosecution address these TV appearances and the comments he made prior to being hired on? Can they then tie in the date his wife and he were hired and ask him what changed his mind to such a degree that he was compelled to testify on behalf of someone he clearly and vocally thought was guilty prior to being added to the payroll?

Dr.G mentioned that some of the bones would be "tiny, tiny" even miniature. A 2 1/2 year old's smallest bone is what? Just wondering. I can't see these bones being smaller than a medium sized dog's bones and those wouldn't be THAT tiny...toe bones? what?

Hey Cocoamom- I'm going to be a little graphic as well.

Since you're a mom, remember your children's soft spots on their heads?

As babies, many of the bones are much smaller and in segments that fuse together as children grow.

A human adult has 206 bones.

A human infant has 350 bones that fuse together as the child grows up. Parts like growth plates in the joints don't fuse until a child is done growing. (OT but an example- my friend's daughter broke her second toe- next to the big toe- when she was seven years old. Unbeknownst to them, her growth plate was damaged. As this little girl grew up and her feet got bigger, her toe never grew again. So she has adult feet with 9 normal toes and one toe that is the same size it was when she was 7- and growth plate injuries in children can be devastating if it's the entire foot or hand that is affected. )

So imagine the 206 parts of your body and how large those bones would be.

Divide half of those bones in half or smaller to make smaller pieces. And Take into account that Caylee weighed around 35 lbs.

The vertebrea in our adult backs are fairly small- maybe similar in diameter to a juice glass? Caylees would have been very tiny.

Take a look at the bones of the foot in a google search- some adult bones of the feet and hands would be the size of a large pebble- now imagine how small Caylee's would have been.

When people like Dr B say such crap like this, I see it as trying to blind the less-knowledgeable with BS, from behind the mask of science.

Baden is merely a hired who testifies for whomever is paying the bill. Disgusting.

When people like Dr B say such crap like this, I see it as trying to blind the less-knowledgeable with BS, from behind the mask of science.

I can also see where SA is paying very very close attention to whatever he says as well....they have already brought up others releasing various information on the crime ---- I think that is also why kobi isn't around much....said way to much and will be used against him at trial....

I lost any SHRED of respect I might have had for him after seeing his RIDICULOUS performance (and performance is the key word) during the first Spector trial. I cannot believe GVS or anyone else still gives him ANY air time.

That said, I'm not so sure his comments about the bones not being spread around was deliberate deception on his part. His wife may have told him that and he's only getting his info from her because he's really not paying attention otherwise, which is another reason he should not be spouting this stuff on the airwaves. LKB, OTOH, would definitely know that particular detail, so it would have been deliberate on HER part. Or maybe he was just saying "Yes, Dear" while she was going on and on and on about it and he only heard bits and pieces. You know, "Blah, blah, blah, bones, blah, bag, blah, blah, all, blah, blah, pieces, blah, blah, inside bag, blah ..." :bang:

:toast: :clap:

Well, when the guy drastically changes his opinion the day after his wife is hired on the defense, it's pretty obvious why his opinion changed. If you go back and rewatch what he was spouting before LKB got hired on, you'd definitely hear the drastic change of opinion. He didn't just get out of bed one morning and decide that what he was saying beforehand was incorrect.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Thank you Gypsy,I could not agree with you more, we can also add Kobie to the list too :bang: I really hope the prosecution has been watching the transition in these two observations pre/post hire. Thanks for a great post!

I don't think Dr. Baden would do this, not intentionally anyways - he's very well respected - heck he was on the board who did the autopsy on JFK

He just might be misinformed - he could be learning things from the ole' wife and he uses that - so she could be feeding him the bull

I don't know her that well, she is good for throwing up smoke screens - and I don't think Dr. Baden is that gullible - I don't know

I've posted this before ... I totally lost respect for both Baden and Henry Lee back during the O.J. case. Baden isn't gullible and he hasn't been misinformed. He knows exactly what's up. He knows good and well that there were actually plants growing up through the skeleton which indicates it had been there for quite sometime. He's going to say whatever the defense pays him to say. Same as Henry Lee. They're paid to put a "defensive" spin on things.

Uh right here RR, lol. :argue: I was so mad that Greta stopped carrying this long ago. I realize the election and conventions were going on, I gave her the benefit of the doubt, but was so angry after they were over.
Then I hit the roof when she carried it up with Palin, over and over she injects her into every story it seems.

So I wrote her several times telling her she was late to the party, especially when she jumped on this day Cayle was found. The she asked a guest who JG was. Not sure if my e mails got to anyone besides her, but a few yrs. back everyone carried the SP case. You could watch the coverage from 7 at night till Greta was over at 11.
Dan Abrams was covering it too.
But Greta, ummmm :mad:

I stopped watching Greta after the Natalie Holloway case. She interviewed Joran and afterwards said "I tend to believe him". I tend to think she's full of it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back