Dr. Teresa Sievers - Motives and Theories (Including MS speculation)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what it looks like, and it is a nice and simple theory, however I am expecting more than a textbook 101-- husband hired hitman ending...
08-30-2015 Lee Co Sheriff confident in Sievers murder arrest..."It's no doubt the most complicated, fascinating set of circumstances that I've ever been in contact with in reality, or even in sort of the Hollywood atmosphere," Scott said. "Its a big deal."

AR was addressing motive though as being the simple and I agree. Its likely the planning and process that are the complicated set of circumstances, MS out of town, TS flying home, CWW and JR traveling all those miles, the fact they come from MS hometown area and the long-term friendship, whatever happened with the alarm, etc and so on

It might not help that MS & CWW being friends, talking on the day of the murder isn't out of the ordinary.

Except if they did happen to overthink it and use disposable phones that were found, that would instead be very suspicious.

AR was addressing motive though as being the simple and I agree. Its likely the planning and process that are the complicated set of circumstances, MS out of town, TS flying home, CWW and JR traveling all those miles, the fact they come from MS hometown area and the long-term friendship, whatever happened with the alarm, etc and so on
Thanks, didn't think of it in those terms. It's helpful to have everyone's thoughts.

Thanks, didn't think of it in those terms. It's helpful to have everyone's thoughts.

Don't forget though, you're initial thought could well be spot on! We're all just speculating, and I know it really is so helpful. I swear every other post I read something makes me think now why didn't I think of that? A lot of great minds here and it's fascinating to see the different perspectives on one thing to the next.

Certainly LE would know if there was an appt . MS could not know if there was an appt or he sure would not have her killed would he?

We don't know how seriously MS may have felt or thought his marriage was in trouble. Also, TS's office and car may have been "bugged" so MS and CWW knew every conversation she had.

What better timing than have her murdered if she did have an appointment with a professional while MS was out of town? JMO.

To me, it was perfect timing! After she met with a professional would have been very suspicious. IMO.

It might not help that MS & CWW being friends, talking on the day of the murder isn't out of the ordinary.

Agree. Because the cops would privately ask both of them what was their conversation about.

And we all know they would have not thought that far. So they would have been busted. But anyways for tracking purposes. A disposable may have been in play.

But they may have forgotten to get jr one. Lol

CWW sure forgot to tell jr to lie to his wife. Plus he forgot to tell him to call off sick from his job. Lol.

I can only imagine that cww was driving with jr and thinking things were cool. But didn't realize that jr told his wife and boss where he was headed. Plus he (jr) came home with all the evidence. Lol

How can cww not kill jr by the time they got back to MO. Lol.

Cww must have been high to not realize that jr was leaving breadcrumbs all over and need to be dealt with.

Let's not forget jr got caught on the Walmart cameras as well. Which means the cops check that Walmart because they either found a receipt from jr. Or he used a credit card. Lol. Cww is probably pissed at jr and himself right now. Lol jmo

Back to the top of this page's discussion on telephone pings and the gps.

Is it possible that the car driven from MO to FL had a GPS tracker on it? If the car had been purchased from a dealer who sells to people with bad credit or people not trustworthy, I have heard of a GPS being put on it. Some buyers are informed, some are not. Could this be another way LE was so confident in who to follow up on?

Back to the top of this page's discussion on telephone pings and the gps.

Is it possible that the car driven from MO to FL had a GPS tracker on it? If the car had been purchased from a dealer who sells to people with bad credit or people not trustworthy, I have heard of a GPS being put on it. Some buyers are informed, some are not. Could this be another way LE was so confident in who to follow up on?

That kind of repo ready GPS data is usually on the cheaper end, only 'pinged' once a day, randomly. Unless its an expensive car. So while it would be helpful, it would only provide one location per day.:moo:

Certainly LE would know if there was an appt . MS could not know if there was an appt or he sure would not have her killed would he?

This is a very interesting question. If TS had a "secret" appointment with an attorney, even if she didn't write it down or tell anyone or have it in her phone calendar, I would think that upon hearing of her murder, the attorney would contact LE to let them know that she did.

I have tried finding this before posting the question and have not been able to determine if MS was given a Lie Detector Test? Anyone know if he has or was offered one? Did he refuse one?
Thanks,

This is a very interesting question. If TS had a "secret" appointment with an attorney, even if she didn't write it down or tell anyone or have it in her phone calendar, I would think that upon hearing of her murder, the attorney would contact LE to let them know that she did.

I agree, if TS did have a 'secret' appointment scheduled for Monday/Tuesday, she very well may have kept this 'off the record' or more aptly kept a record of it 'off the phone'. She could have suspected that MS had access or ways of accessing her email, messages, calendar, etc. If it was a lawyer she was scheduled to meet with, it's hard to say whether TS would've revealed the exact reason for the meeting. Just an example, if she spoke with the lawyer who drafted the Will, the appointment may have been under the guise of revising her estate plan. Hopefully, the attorney would contact LSCO even if the subject of the appointment was seemingly unrelated to the marriage. Unlikely - but I do remember the Will was filed by a different lawyer than the drafter. Perhaps MS made this choice because the former attorney cited a conflict of interest (if TS was going to use the drafting atty. in the divorce action).

Side note. JMO influenced by insightful posts from AmazonRain and former patients, TS strikes me as the type of strong woman who carried the burden of others, and was often a should to cry on but did not rely on friends forher own emotional support. If the marriage was in crisis or about to be, TS might have wanted to get all her ducks in a row, so to speak, before opening up. In other words, if she was going through something personally, friends and family may not know until she was through it.

I have tried finding this before posting the question and have not been able to determine if MS was given a Lie Detector Test? Anyone know if he has or was offered one? Did he refuse one?
Thanks,

This seems like a silly question to be asking as we know MS was in CT when TS was murdered.

Has MS taken a polygraph? Since he had an air tight alibi, would there be any way LE could legally get him to take one? We know in all murder cases the spouse/boyfriend is always the first one suspected.

I don't believe there has been anything released on whether or not he's taken a polygraph.

LE cannot force someone to take a polygraph, just like they cannot compel someone to make a statement or answer questions.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Lawyers have different skills. I imagine if she was going for a divorce, she would find the best lawyer.

A lawyer who practices in one area, say wills, may know nothing about divorce.

Lawyers have different skills. I imagine if she was going for a divorce, she would find the best lawyer.

A lawyer who practices in one area, say wills, may know nothing about divorce.

Estate planning and family law specialities are closely related, under jurisdiction of the same court with many cross over issues. Lawyers who practice family law usually know at least thing or two about estate planning. JMO.

Estate planning and family law specialities are closely related, under jurisdiction of the same court with many cross over issues. Lawyers who practice family law usually know at least thing or two about estate planning. JMO.

Could be it is different in different states.

I do not see lawyers who do wills doing divorce.

There are known ones that have good reps depending on if you are a man or a woman.

Could be it is different in different states.

I do not see lawyers who do wills doing divorce.

There are known ones that have good reps depending on if you are a man or a woman.

I'm thinking TS wasn't at the stage where she was ready to retain a divorce attorney to file and prep for a custody battle. Rather, I think she may have been considering her options. Assuming the attorney who drafted the will and trust documents had a good idea of the assets at stake, perhaps TS was looking for general legal advice and/or a referral. I don't think she was ready to move forward with a divorce, yet. Or, maybe she recently discovered something suspicious but not alarming - like a financial statement that raised a little red flag.

I read an article recently about a nanny who stole checks and embezzled hundreds of thousands from her employers. Nanny intercepted the mail to make sure the compromised account statements never reached the family. Scheme unraveled after a year, the statement came in the mail one day when the nanny didn't get there first. Who knows, maybe MS was siphoning funds into his own secret account and she discovered this somehow...or, more likely MS painted a much rosier picture of the finances and in reality, the financial picture was drastically different. IMO, TS was in the dark until shortly before her death and even then, the truth was just slowly revealing itself.

A house of cards scenario is at play here, and IMO, we are only seeing the tip of the iceberg (, unpaid rent).TS may have metaphorically loosened the first card and its only a matter of time until the whole deck comes down. As horrible as it is to say, MS may have thought murder would solve both big problems; 1. The immediate problem, TS discovering extensive, long term financial betrayal 2. The root problem, financial ruin. With TS murdered, MS no longer has to worry about keeping the truth hidden from her and probably thought between fundraising and life insurance proceeds, he could turn the financial situation around before the house of cards came down.

There was an MSM article on 10/16/15 http://www.abc-7.com/story/30282965/...ight-documents,
in which the property owner at the medical plaza that housed her practice stated, “tens of thousands of dollars are owed. I did a Google search on the property and came up with a company called “Welsh Companies” a flyer is posted for property at that location http://www.costar.com/costarconnect/MasterPage/Main.aspx?SiteId=24149&CheckSum=108809606.

Rent goes for $20.32/SF annually; 1000-3166 SF of office space is currently available. Using 3166 SF x $20.2 =$64,333 ÷ 12 = $5361./month. If the property owner states “tens of thousands of dollars are owed” that sounds like more than twenty thousand, which would represent the four months since TS murder. Perhaps MS’ house of financial cards was finally unraveling, none of the moneymaking schemes was working out, TS found out about their financial state and a divorce was looming?

Note: I am spatially challenged, compared my house with her practice space and I really do not think it was over 3166/SF.

I'm thinking TS wasn't at the stage where she was ready to retain a divorce attorney to file and prep for a custody battle. Rather, I think she may have been considering her options. Assuming the attorney who drafted the will and trust documents had a good idea of the assets at stake, perhaps TS was looking for general legal advice and/or a referral. I don't think she was ready to move forward with a divorce, yet. Or, maybe she recently discovered something suspicious but not alarming - like a financial statement that raised a little red flag.

I read an article recently about a nanny who stole checks and embezzled hundreds of thousands from her employers. Nanny intercepted the mail to make sure the compromised account statements never reached the family. Scheme unraveled after a year, the statement came in the mail one day when the nanny didn't get there first. Who knows, maybe MS was siphoning funds into his own secret account and she discovered this somehow...or, more likely MS painted a much rosier picture of the finances and in reality, the financial picture was drastically different. IMO, TS was in the dark until shortly before her death and even then, the truth was just slowly revealing itself.

A house of cards scenario is at play here, and IMO, we are only seeing the tip of the iceberg (, unpaid rent).TS may have metaphorically loosened the first card and its only a matter of time until the whole deck comes down. As horrible as it is to say, MS may have thought murder would solve both big problems; 1. The immediate problem, TS discovering extensive, long term financial betrayal 2. The root problem, financial ruin. With TS murdered, MS no longer has to worry about keeping the truth hidden from her and probably thought between fundraising and life insurance proceeds, he could turn the financial situation around before the house of cards came down.

Totally agree with the house of cards scenario. But-- If MS is involved he would have to know he would be number 1 suspect as in most homicides. Look at family first. This in and of itself would likely hold up any life insurance payments. Couple that with no income from TS and things start to look destitute. It is just too coincidental for me to think MS was not involved but he would have to know, even without CWW and JR's possible bungling, a payout would be months or possibly longer.

^^
....thus the immediate appearance of a account stating one-million-dollar goal.

Clearly MS believed no evidence would be found connecting him to the murders and he had a solid alibi.

There was an MSM article on 10/16/15 http://www.abc-7.com/story/30282965/...ight-documents,
in which the property owner at the medical plaza that housed her practice stated, “tens of thousands of dollars are owed. I did a Google search on the property and came up with a company called “Welsh Companies” a flyer is posted for property at that location http://www.costar.com/costarconnect/MasterPage/Main.aspx?SiteId=24149&CheckSum=108809606.

Rent goes for $20.32/SF annually; 1000-3166 SF of office space is currently available. Using 3166 SF x $20.2 =$64,333 ÷ 12 = $5361./month. If the property owner states “tens of thousands of dollars are owed” that sounds like more than twenty thousand, which would represent the four months since TS murder. Perhaps MS’ house of financial cards was finally unraveling, none of the moneymaking schemes was working out, TS found out about their financial state and a divorce was looming?

Note: I am spatially challenged, compared my house with her practice space and I really do not think it was over 3166/SF.

Great post Cea!

I'm with AmazonRain. I bet the motive is simple. It's all about the $. I bet ya a quarter and a cup of coffee that when this is all over, it'll come out the house was mortgaged to the hilt (forged her name on refinances), eviction notices from the office had begun, .I also think that's why no one can state they actually stayed in that rental in Conn (before the murder) 'cause they rejected the credit card.

The only financial concern she ever mentioned to AmazonRain was how expensive her medical school costs were. (implication - all other things are fine because MS is taking care of those from the $ i earn).

This poor woman was working her @-- off thinking, trusting that all of their bills were being paid and a good portion being put away for the girls education and their retirement.

Remember the Sheriff mentioning studying the 'business model' of TS' office? He said something along the lines of, 'and what a business model it was'. I think Law Enforcement found out fast that the business model of TS' office, was also very simple - '$$ came in from TS hard work - and $$ went out directly into pocket of MS and CWW.

i went through this with a girlfriend. She worked full time raising 2 little girls in high stress job. Her husband was too good to work for someone else so he was a financier with all these big deals around the corner.

All the while my girlfriend lived modestly, trusting her 'big shot' husband to handle all finances. At his insistence of course because it would 'take a load off of her shoulders'. She's thinking they are totally secure until one day Lowes rejected her credit card for a water heater. That was how she lst found out when the house of cards started to fall. Here she was making big bucks and that a--h--- had forged her name on 3 refinances, wiped out her 401K and she cried to me telling me 'at least she had their paid for home'. He refinanced 3 times forging her name and it was already under foreclosure - he had been hiding the notices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member