Dr. Teresa Sievers - Motives and Theories (Including MS speculation)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? They lived 1200 miles apart. Sounds like Skinner is a loving, close friend right in MO. CWW has a son and other friends.

MS had his busy job, homeschooling 2 daughters, social events and charity functions.

There certainly has to be plenty of qualified people to provide computer services. And certainly people who are closer and quicker than a plane ride away if ohysical help is needed. Can you imagine what a plane ticket costs purchased the day of or the day before when CWW's computer help would be needed?

He could access the computer remotely, no need to physically be there. Just saying.

-Nin

He could access the computer remotely, no need to physically be there. Just saying.

-Nin

Yes, but not everything can be done remotely. So it depends on what issues cropped up.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

-Nin

Yes, but it said that he flew there occasionally.

Not everything can be fixed remotely. I have a Macbook Air that has been sent to Apple twice.

I dropped my iPad. The ion off button no longer works, I brought it to a repair guy and he declined to fix it. Said it would cost too much.

My SIL put some kind of feature where I turn it off and on via some commands on the screen. Beats me. Sometimes the person has to see the device in real life

Hi there friends!

hmm...what to say...:thinking:

Looks like this thread endured it's own raid last night, huh? :aktion1: <pun intended>

Well phooey! I was sure by the time we signed on one of you guys would have recruited a cleaning crew! lol :sweep:

Looks like KateB & I need to get to work. We will be removing some posts and moving some posts to the appropriate topical threads. Most importantly, I ask that you guys not quote and/or address Skinner in this thread. I have reopened the thread dedicated for Skinner so please post any questions/observations directed to him there.

Here is the link to Skinner's thread.

We're going to try to leave this thread unlocked for now while we are cleaning it up. That will only work though if you guys keep the discussion on topic - Motives & Theories (Including MS Speculation).

Thanks in advance for your cooperation and help while we sweep up in here. :blowkiss:

On the account...I'm curious who donated $10,000 on August 24, and posted it anonymously? 3 days BEFORE the arrest??

I think MS was the type of person who loved everyone. He didn't turn his back on people for making mistakes. If someone wanted to stay in contact with him, then he would. He was just a friendly, loveable guy who gave everyone a second chance (or more). This might have been his fatal flaw, to not cut ties when he needed to.

JMO

I am so sorry, I don't know all but a few of the names of people who knew TS or MS and/or were neighbors/patients, etc. It sounds like you might have known MS personally. I have never heard this side of personality. Do you mind sharing a little more about his friendly and loveable side? Even an example would help paint something about him that has until now gone unsaid in a public forum (with the exception of Lifka saying he paid for her son's wedding--which is pretty charitable and different)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to someone who claimed to be an insider but was never verified, MS was not the person who did the home schooling.. there was a tutor. There was also a chef. It doesnt really matter, imo. If there were money problems and IF to compound that MS was also spending money on stuff TS didnt know about ( let's say playing the horses) then that would increase the headaches. If MS had a girlfriend and wanted out.. there is another reason. MS may be huggable and lovable and may have NOTHING to do with the murder of his wife other than he had the misfortune to have as a best bud the guy who is charged with the murder. But, it is the old case of show me who your friends are and i will show you who you are. There are 2 arrests to date and we have been promised more. Time will tell.

I find the within 24 hours or so, disturbing..ALL that says is MONEY because that is what these campaigns do.. raise cash. So, there may have not been anything in reserve. The other thing is IF there was a life insurance policy, he would have been able to collect on it immediately, right? Wrong! The reason, IMO a was started was because he knew there would be a hold-up. In other words, jmo, he already knew he was involved and knew CWW did this and KNEW there would be a hold placed on the policy. If this was random.. the insurance wouldn't be an issue in his mind and no need for .

He already KNEW the eyes of the world would focus on him.. so the went into play immediately. MOO

I hope i am explaining this coherently.

Anything i write is just my opinion

I agree. I think it is very possible that he wanted to harness the love people felt for TS into direct, immediate payment to himself. Striking while the iron is hot. (I am SURE that if was around when Scott Peterson killed Laci he would have set up an account. And we know other killers have also done this. The audacity is beyond appalling...and yet, there it is.)
As for the nanny/tutor and chef (I also referred to them in a post I wrote) it is totally possible that was not an all or nothing thing. The tutor could have come once a month or once a week. The chef could have made dinners for the weekdays for a limited period of years. The nanny could have been for mornings, or full-time inly when the girls were tiny, etc., etc., etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the account...I'm curious who donated $10,000 on August 24, and posted it anonymously? 3 days BEFORE the arrest??

I understand the need to look for clues in all the nooks and crannies, but please understand that sometimes "clues" are way off base. This $10,000 is an anonymous CORPORATE donation from a sibling's place of employment. As the money is directed to the girls, this was their decision to make. Yes, I know the corporation. Yes, they will remain anonymous.

Teresa's birthday is this month, so keep please keep our family even more in your prayers and thoughts --

STILL waiting for a resolution in Connecticut, as peace will not be coming soon --

I understand the need to look for clues in all the nooks and crannies, but please understand that sometimes "clues" are way off base. This $10,000 is an anonymous CORPORATE donation from a sibling's place of employment. As the money is directed to the girls, this was their decision to make. Yes, I know the corporation. Yes, they will remain anonymous.

Teresa's birthday is this month, so keep please keep our family even more in your prayers and thoughts --

STILL waiting for a resolution in Connecticut, as peace will not be coming soon --

Thank you, Duntulum, and I will keep Dr. Teresa and he family in my thoughts and prayers :blowkiss:.

Well I guess the discussion got derailed, I believe it is of great significance.

The timing, the amount, the changes, the recipients.

I may run an experiment and set one up to see what it entails.

I would be really curious to know whether you can withdraw funds as they come in or if the fund needs to reach a goal, a specific date. LSCO might have subpoenaed for records...

I'm not an expert in any way, but I think insurance companies can deny claims because I know that in cases where the insured believes they have a valid claim but the insurance company does not agree and denies the claim, that the insured can then turn around and sue them for what is called "bad faith".

What would be interesting though, is if the children could be paid either because they are actually named beneficiaries (we don't know) or if they retained counsel on their behalf to somehow skip over paying MS if it was deemed that he is responsible for the crime.

Maybe someone who knows more will comment.

JMO. Insurer will only delay payment in cases where the beneficiary is the suspect (or arrested, not sure). If TS had a policy naming her children, they have to pay. In policies where the beneficiary is arrested/suspected, depending on the text of the provision, insurance is not obligated to pay.

I would be really curious to know whether you can withdraw funds as they come in or if the fund needs to reach a goal, a specific date. LSCO might have subpoenaed for records...
This is addressed in the faqs. You can withdraw funds immediately, no need to reach the goal.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sorry if posts seem to be out of sequence. We had parallel discussions about this same topic going on in 2 threads. I moved all the posts to this one.

JMO. Insurer will only delay payment in cases where the beneficiary is the suspect (or arrested, not sure). If TS had a policy naming her children, they have to pay. In policies where the beneficiary is arrested/suspected, depending on the text of the provision, insurance is not obligated to pay.
In that case they pay the contingent beneficiary. So if MS was the beneficiary and he is arrested and convicted they will pay the kids if the kids are contingent. JMO

I was wondering if any of you folks could share of another case similar to this involving a husband & wife, a possible hit, that is also discussed in webslueths. I'm just learning how to use the web site. Sorry for being off topic.

Thank you for your comment. I am glad you mentioned Dr Siever's BD coming up, as I had it down for next month.

-Nin

Thank you for your comment. I am glad you mentioned Dr Siever's BD coming up, as I had it down for next month.

-Nin

We should all have a drink on that day while conversing with her loved ones on here that would like to share wonderful moments that they remember of TS.

B.Y.O.B.B or a nice strong pot of coffee. Whatever tutes your horn.

I just wanted to put my two cents in about the insurance. I paid life insurance claims for several years but haven't been in the business for a while.

A full and final certified death certificate is required for payment as well as completion of proper forms and any supporting documentation (trust copy, estate paperwork, power of atty, etc) before pymt will be made. Florida has a short death certificate and a long certificate and the long certificate is required for payment. It has to be final - meaning the cause and manner of death are given.

The ins. company would contact the police dept. working on the death and they would know if the beneficiary was a person if interest or not and if they could pay the named bene. The insurance co CANNOT just refuse to pay the claim. They will pay interest from the date of death to the date of payment if required. The ins co needs to make sure they pay the claim to the proper beneficiary or they can be sued - and they have a whole legal dept to make sure that's done correctly.

In a complex case where the ins company is unsure of what to do, they can go to court and ask a judge to decide and they pay who the judge says. I can promise you that if TS has insurance and MS is under suspicion, no payment will be made until it's all worked out and the company is comfortable paying the correct bene and is not violating a state slayer statute.

My last claim when I left the business was a lady who died with a small policy with my company. I thought her cause of death was odd and her manner of death was pending. I contacted the police agency referenced on the death certificate and spoke with the detective handling the case who wasn't aware of this particular policy and was glad to hear from me! Turns out the insured had quite a large financial portfolio other than our policy. The primary bene was one of two suspects (2 people were in cahoots). I was asked by the detective to not process payment as a grand jury was meeting the next week and an indictment was expected. The primary bene (as well as their spouse) threatened to sue me for non-payment several times because I refused to provide any information. The primary bene was indicted and didn't receive the money as they were ultimately convicted. The payment was made to the insureds estate.

I just wanted to put my two cents in about the insurance. I paid life insurance claims for several years but haven't been in the business for a while.

A full and final certified death certificate is required for payment as well as completion of proper forms and any supporting documentation (trust copy, estate paperwork, power of atty, etc) before pymt will be made. Florida has a short death certificate and a long certificate and the long certificate is required for payment. It has to be final - meaning the cause and manner of death are given.

The ins. company would contact the police dept. working on the death and they would know if the beneficiary was a person if interest or not and if they could pay the named bene. The insurance co CANNOT just refuse to pay the claim. They will pay interest from the date of death to the date of payment if required. The ins co needs to make sure they pay the claim to the proper beneficiary or they can be sued - and they have a whole legal dept to make sure that's done correctly.

In a complex case where the ins company is unsure of what to do, they can go to court and ask a judge to decide and they pay who the judge says. I can promise you that if TS has insurance and MS is under suspicion, no payment will be made until it's all worked out and the company is comfortable paying the correct bene and is not violating a state slayer statute.

My last claim when I left the business was a lady who died with a small policy with my company. I thought her cause of death was odd and her manner of death was pending. I contacted the police agency referenced on the death certificate and spoke with the detective handling the case who wasn't aware of this particular policy and was glad to hear from me! Turns out the insured had quite a large financial portfolio other than our policy. The primary bene was one of two suspects (2 people were in cahoots). I was asked by the detective to not process payment as a grand jury was meeting the next week and an indictment was expected. The primary bene (as well as their spouse) threatened to sue me for non-payment several times because I refused to provide any information. The primary bene was indicted and didn't receive the money as they were ultimately convicted. The payment was made to the insureds estate.

Thank you for clarifying the procedure! Would you say that LE may divulge additional facts or explanations to the life insurance company while such details may not be known to the public, in which case the insurance company would hold on with the claim, pay interest and wait for news? Or would they employ their own investigation in cooperation with LE?

Thanks!

-Nin

Yes, that's exactly what happened with my company. I think one of our longer claims took more than 8 years to resolve. The insurance company (at least the ones I worked for) would not pay if they thought the primary bene was involved. But they have to eventually pay someone - even if they ask a court to decide who to pay. They can't just say - well, beneficiary X committed a crime so we aren't paying. All the claims that were homicides that I worked on we're not paid until after I spoke to the law enforcement agency investigating the crime. It's against state law for someone to profit from murder. My company didn't begin its own investigation. The only claims we had investigators for were disability claims where the insured said they were disabled but the insurance co wasn't sure.

It's easiest if the bene is the insureds estate or trust is the bene - then the final disposition of funds isn't the responsibility of the insurance company.

I was shocked at how little money people were willing to kill for. It's sometimes a lot less than you would ever think. Not much shocks me anymore - not after working that job. The job certainly didn't give me much faith in people. I saw some terrible, terrible things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966