Dr. Teresa Sievers Trial Discussion - Mark Sievers and Jimmy Rodgers

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want my opinion on JRR attached to any individual post, because I do NOT think he has "below average intelligence." I think he had a lot of anxiety about going to prison/jail the first time. The first time is when he became pals with CWW in the big house. CWW took him "under his wing" in lock up. I think he is of average intelligence, very homely, and likes to intimidate people with his tales of life in prison. Remember, his nickname, for a long time has been "THE HAMMER." And believe me, he didn't get that nickname because he is a carpenter! He got that name because that is the weapon he can always carry in his car and not get arrested if stopped by LE. He was smart enough to make up a story about his brother graduating from law school and paying for a celebratory trip to Florida. He hears just fine, he works just fine, he got a driver's license just fine (gotta past a test for that, too!) He may be socially awkward and lacks sophistication....BUT, HE AIN'T DUMB. Older rattle snakes are deadly (CWW) and younger rattle snakes are cute, but always just as deadly. JRR smashed in a woman's head with more than a dozen blows..... he just doesn't like the plea deal he was offered. rggggghhhh
I'm a thinking he is just plain evil! And yes, Jimmy the Hammer is definitely an attention seeker. He would brag that the hammer was his favorite weapon. Interesting TS was hit with a hammer 17 times! I also Recall he has a tattoo that bears the words "murder, death, destruction." Maybe he was trying to act like a big bad tough guy that confused fantasy with reality and its coming back to bite him really hard!

Thank you so much for the updates Scalex. When do we get to the point in selection when both sides get to start striking jurors they don't approve of? How many does each side get to strike? (I'm assuming they still do that)
And as an aside, who thinks AW will come to SWFL for any part of this whole process?

At 8:30 with all the jurors that got through this phase of questions. I don’t know that there is a number to be exact. But they will begin the how do you feel about the death penalty, law enforcement, etc. They pretty much will strike any strong comments of opinions in favor or against. They will strike anyone that is related to any pro-death or anti-death group, anyone that works or has relatives in law enforcement, and they will go through the list that was posted.

Last edited:
At 8:30 with all the jurors that got through this phase of questions. I don’t know that there is a number to be exact. But they will begin the how do you feel about the death penalty, law enforcement, etc. They pretty much will strike any strong comments of opinions in favor or against. They will strike anyone that is related to any pro-death or anti-death group, anyone that works or has relatives in law enforcement, and they will go through the list that was posted.

I poked around on the internet this morning and found that what I was thinking of was Peremptory challenges. It looks like each side gets 10 in a capital case and 1 for each alternate juror. I was afraid that they could keep striking without limits as a delay tactic...... I feel a bit better now.

Brooke Shafer (@BrookeWINKNews) Tweeted:
Settling in for jury selection day 3 in the #RodgersTrial. The jury pool is down to about 60 people. We expect attorneys on both sides to start asking the potential jurors some more personal questions. Rodgers is one of the men accused in the murder of #TeresaSievers @winknews

Brooke Shafer on Twitter

Jaclyn Bevis (@jbevis10) Tweeted:
We're back on the record for #jimmyrodgersontrial accused of murdering #teresasievers. Everyone is here. Jimmy in a suit jacket again. State and defense prepping for more standard jury instruction questions this morning. #trialtweets #nbc2courtcoverage

Jaclyn Bevis on Twitter

We have 2 jurors back who need to be questioned about their knowledge of the case. (The court didn't have time to get to them last night.) Then we'll have about 60 headed up for standard voir dire. #trialtweets #teresasievers #jimmyrodgersontrial #nbc2courtcoverage

Jaclyn Bevis on Twitter

Second potential juror doesn't believe he could be fair either. Also admitted to a sleepness night after believing it may be someone's life in his hands. He has some knowledge of the case. He was also a strike.#trialtweets #teresasievers #jimmyrodgersontrial #nbc2courtcoverage

Jaclyn Bevis on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members