Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing devil’s advocate here.

To me, the coveralls aren’t important for the conspiracy part. I think coming to rob a house for money would be a great reason to suit up and not leave fingerprints and dna.

I also don't think a blue fiber is very telling when they are the same blue collar uniforms that mechanics, janitors, and dishwasher repair men wear. So not unique to only JRR.

What I have a hard time believing is that JRR only had one pair of coveralls for himself, and they found them, and they didn’t find any blood or dna on them, but they were in good enough condition to retrieve a hair belonging to JRR.

Personally I think the evidence of the coveralls only helped the defense’s argument against CWW. They had me hating CWW, so I’m interested to see how the jury feels.

I really wish we could listen to JRR’s version of what happened. We have heard so many stories and I’m thinking none are the whole truth.
SCALEX... There will be many books written about this case and all will have "details" the public never knew. JRR's version of events
might be penned by a close relative if he is convicted. Nowadays everyone gets a book deal: attorneys, jurors, mistresses, girlfriends, siblings etc. !! Everyone but the victim's family.... there is no fleeting fame, just endless grief. Grief is a burden the survivors carry, sometimes so heavy it almost paralyzes them. After the public interest fades, they still have to care for the children, handle complicated estate issues and live with the knowledge their loved one died under horrific circumstances. So much sadness.
(on one case I read 11 different books!)

Know what's crazy about this? This interview was conducted on JULY 2nd, 2015 - 3 days after she was murdered. How did they know about him?? Mark? If I ever knew, I can't recall anymore.
Hi @beach! I hate that this case has taken so long to come to trial! That courtroom would be packed if it hadn't been 4 yrs. ago.
Anyway, I had to listen twice, but Det. Nolen said he was going through all of TS's phone records. I'm sure they called everyone that she ever communicated with.

I just now remembered a woman named Lenka. Do you or anybody else remember if she is a witness in MS's trial? ~ TIA

From Lenka.....
Happy Anniversary @IQuestion ! We must have been posting at the same time, I didn't see your post and see that you mentioned Lenka! It took me all day to remember her name. I was on the phone with my daughter as I was posting, and it took me awhile to finish and hit reply.

I hope you are doing well. I really hate that I hurt your feelings a few years ago. :( It was intended to be funny, but since you couldn't hear the delivery of my words, it appeared to be mean spirited to you. You are such a sweet and kind hearted person IQuestion, and I sincerely apologize to you again.

Another reason I thought more killers were involved, aside from the massive savagery committed, and the pinning down of Dr. Sievers, is a recollection that someone had approached CWW and JRR, before they left MO, and asked them if they needed or wanted some company.

I have been wondering if there are killers in the audience, listening intently, to see if they are implicated.

Scary thought.

Another reason I thought more killers were involved, aside from the massive savagery committed, and the pinning down of Dr. Sievers, is a recollection that someone had approached CWW and JRR, before they left MO, and asked them if they needed or wanted some company.

I have been wondering if there are killers in the audience, listening intently, to see if they are implicated.

Scary thought.
CWW told several people he was going to florida that weekend to work on the Sievers office computer. From what I can remember, one of the guys he told then asked CWW if he needed any company for the drive down. It was a free ride to the Florida beach for a weekend. No worries @Arachne 1 !
They have the all the murderers.

JMO... I’m leaning toward a ‘slam dunk’ short deliberation but one never knows. I liked the prosecution’s last words to the jury of relying on evidence & TaySho’s testimony (that’s like a focus target), then leaving out lying CWW’s story. Of course CWW can’t un-say what he said on the stand.... and the jury can’t un-hear what he said when they discuss & review evidence as needed.

What’s that old theory about long vs short be liberations?

Beach on the JRR board you wrote that it was judges decision about sequestering. Earlier today it seemed when defense wanted sequestration, he was going to go along with it, as he said he'd talk to them about it after the recess. He mentioned it usually isn't done til deliberations of sentence... but seemed to be leaning to doing it if the defense wanted it. I missed about an hour after lunch, was it discussed or just dropped?

I am sure JRR will be found guilty by this jury and possibly face death(not because of the crime but for his attitude) either from the DP or another prison vacationer. I also think that CWW will be killed at some point in prison. Prison has their own rules among the inhabitants and I'm sure someone's name will come up... JMO

JMO... I’m leaning toward a ‘slam dunk’ short deliberation but one never knows. I liked the prosecution’s last words to the jury of relying on evidence & TaySho’s testimony (that’s like a focus target), then leaving out lying CWW’s story. Of course CWW can’t un-say what he said on the stand.... and the jury can’t un-hear what he said when they discuss & review evidence as needed.

What’s that old theory about long vs short be liberations?

Short=conviction.

Beach on the JRR board you wrote that it was judges decision about sequestering. Earlier today it seemed when defense wanted sequestration, he was going to go along with it, as he said he'd talk to them about it after the recess. He mentioned it usually isn't done til deliberations of sentence... but seemed to be leaning to doing it if the defense wanted it. I missed about an hour after lunch, was it discussed or just dropped?

Sequestering is a right for the defense. But sometimes the defense waives it until the penalty phase. This defense did not waive it, and they are requiring the jury be sequestered. However the sequester doesn’t start until deliberation starts. If they had stayed to start tonight, they would not have been able to go home. If they don’t come to a verdict tomorrow, they will be sequestered.

Sequestering is a right for the defense. But sometimes the defense waives it until the penalty phase. This defense did not waive it, and they are requiring the jury be sequestered. However the sequester doesn’t start until deliberation starts. If they had stayed to start tonight, they would not have been able to go home. If they don’t come to a verdict tomorrow, they will be sequestered.

Usually they tell them to pack a bag

Maybe he thinks phase one will one need tomorrow. I’m not sure.

Thats my point, they'd have to come prepared... so shouldn't that have been discussed. IF they are sequestered, they won't be able to leave tomorrow once they start tomorrow. So did defense change their mind or are we not going to know til tomorrow?

I think that if I was on the jury I wouldn't be able to go home tonight and not research this case. Especially if it was a DP case. I wonder how many of the jurors will stick to the rules, and if not, be honest about it. My husband, not familiar with this case, not living in FL at that time, and us not dating at that time, likes to play devil's advocate with me. He has some good points, and I can see where someone coming from the outside might think there is reasonable doubt. But I, having followed for 4 years, feel this SHOULD be a slam dunk. Really, with him going but, but, but all the time I honestly think this could go either way. unless the jury goes home and pulls a Bobbywoo and researches. And yes, I understand this is dishonest and cheating.

Thats my point, they'd have to come prepared... so shouldn't that have been discussed. IF they are sequestered, they won't be able to leave tomorrow once they start tomorrow. So did defense change their mind or are we not going to know til tomorrow?
. . . defense withdrew their motion to sequester the jury.
Brooke Shafer‏ @BrookeWINKNews 2h2 hours ago
Closing arguments are done, jury sent home for the night. They'll begin deliberations tomorrow morning at 9. An update though, the defense withdrew their motion to sequester the jury. It's *possible the jury reaches a verdict tomorrow #RodgersTrial @winknews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc