Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stacy St. Clair ‏@StacyStClair

Tom Peterson told grand jury that he could not remember anything about his mom's bathtime habits.
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

1m Stacy St. Clair Stacy St. Clair ‏@StacyStClair

Prosecutors now trying to show Tom Peterson has changed story about his mom's bathtime habits since he testified to grand jury

THANK YOU! :rocker: I was looking around for this earlier and couldn't find the darn thing! I never heard about this before!!!

You're welcome.

In Session:

Prosecutor Koch begins his cross. “Do you recall being in front of the grand jury back in 2008?” “I do.” “Recall being asked . . .” Objection/Withdrawn. “Recall being asked . . .” The judge asks for the jury to be excused from the courtroom.

Rut ro!

TP was only 11 years old, many relatives could of brain washed him.
I do not know how much an 11 year old would remember about
some minor things.........like HOT baths, hair left down while bathing.
Ask my son, hubby and grandsons and they would say they have no idea what I do in the bathroom, JMOO

Lets hope the state asks: "Tom, how many times had your mom fallen and cracked her head open on the tub in the numerous times she had taken a bath?"

In Session:

The witness and the jurors have returned to the courtroom. Prosecutor Koch continues his cross-examination. “Do you recall being asked about your memories of your mother taking a bath, and saying you didn’t recall anything specific?” “That sounds like a strange answer. I don’t recall.” “Recall being asked if you’d be in bed before she’d doing that normal, and you answered ‘yeah’?’ “I’m so sorry. I still don’t understand the question.” The question is repeated. “It doesn’t sound like a question at all.” The parties then go to a sidebar.

In Session:

The sidebar ends. “Let me try this again . . . you were asked if you recalled your mom taking a bath, and you said you recalled nothing specific?” “Yes. I don’t recall that.” “And you said you guys would normally be in bed before she’d do that? Do you remember saying that on June 26, 2008?” “Yes.” That ends the cross-examination of this witness.

Lets hope the state asks: "Tom, how many times had your mom fallen and cracked her head open on the tub in the numerous times she had taken a bath?"

yes and ask if 2 boys and a mom ever fit into that small oval tub! NOT.........:maddening:

In Session:
“What you know about what she did inside the bath is from when you were younger?” “Yes.” “When she was older, you probably don’t have any specific memories about her taking baths?” “That’s correct.” “But you know she washed her hair, because when she came out her hair was wet?” “Yes.” “And you knew she didn’t take a shower, because you didn’t hear the shower running?” “I wouldn’t know that, if it was a shower or a bath.” “Your mother sometimes took baths at night, to relax?’ “I wouldn’t know that.”

In Session:

“When she would take as bath, she would sometimes have a glass of wine?” Objection/Sustained. The judge excuses the jurors.

In Session:

The witness and the jurors have returned to the courtroom. Prosecutor Koch continues his cross-examination. “Do you recall being asked about your memories of your mother taking a bath, and saying you didn’t recall anything specific?” “That sounds like a strange answer. I don’t recall.” “Recall being asked if you’d be in bed before she’d doing that normal, and you answered ‘yeah’?’ “I’m so sorry. I still don’t understand the question.” The question is repeated. “It doesn’t sound like a question at all.” The parties then go to a sidebar.

Selective memory? He was most likely coached to "not understand the question" if it contradicted the DT's questioning.:moo:

Excellent job by the prosecution in handling a delicate witness. They were to the point and respectful, IMO. I think they also know how much damage has been done to DP today and did not have a need to try and screw it up.

Tom Peterson off the stand. Smiles at his father as he leaves

In Session:

The sidebar ends. “Let me try this again . . . you were asked if you recalled your mom taking a bath, and you said you recalled nothing specific?” “Yes. I don’t recall that.” “And you said you guys would normally be in bed before she’d do that? Do you remember saying that on June 26, 2008?” “Yes.” That ends the cross-examination of this witness.

This is what I believe to be true...........[BBM
not his present testimony!
TP has been coached badly by DT

In Session:

The judge calls a brief recess, because another judge in the courthouse needs some equipment that the prosecution is using. Once that can be accomplished, the Peterson trial should resume.

In Session:

The judge calls a brief recess, because another judge in the courthouse needs some equipment that the prosecution is using. Once that can be accomplished, the Peterson trial should resume.

be here til Christmas now!:banghead:

In Session:

Lack of equipment now as a delay? :waitasec:

This trial is too much.

In Session The jurors are back in the courtroom, and Brodsky continues his direct examination. “When you spoke to Stacy Peterson, the purpose of her call was to do what?” “She contacted our office to retain me as an attorney in a divorce proceeding.” “Did she eventually retain you?” “No.” “Why not?” The witness is hesitant to answer. The judge then calls the attorneys to a sidebar.

Ruth Ravve ‏@RuthRavve
#DrewPeterson Defense asks Smith why Stacy didn't ever hire him, Smith stumbles because he's not allowed to say Stacy disappeared

The Herald-News ‏@Joliet_HN
Brodsky asks Smith why Stacy never retained him to represent her in her divorce. Smith: Uh... #DrewPeterson

#drewpeterson atty asks Smith why Stacy didn't hire him after an Oct. 2007 call. Smith, clearly stunned, stammers and does not answer.

:what:

Lots to catch up on, again. But gotta say, Brodsky finally showed the DT's hand. All along they have tried to bait the witness. Hopefully the jury picked up on this. So obvious! :snake:

I went to INSession facebook and the latest news was 45 minutes ago.........nothing in the moment.
Am I looking at the wrong thing?
I can't really help out.

The Herald-News ‏@Joliet_HN
Brodsky again said he would like to treat Smith as a hostile witness. #DrewPeterson

:bigfight:

And why isn't the judge treating Brodsky as a hostile attorney!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18