Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Session:

“Going back to before your mom passed away, in early 2004, you lived with your mom and had visitation with your dad?” “That’s correct.” “At any time after your mom passed away, did you ever tell anybody that you suspected that your dad had killed your mom?” “I have not once suspected that.” “If anybody said so, they would be telling a lie?” Objection/Sustained.

Yep I certainly hope the jury thinks this.

He's toast. Its basically all over bar the shouting now, and its heavily ironic that the prosecution didn't really meet their burden. His own defense toasted him.

He'll probably appeal on the grounds of inadequate defense, but we can cross that bridge when we come to it.

In Session:

The witness says that it was “only weekends” when he and his brother would visit the defendant. “My father would come to my mother’s household, and pick up both Kristopher and I. He’d take us back to his house, and we’d spend the weekend with my father, until Sunday night, when he’d bring us back . . . if it was a three-day weekend, I was never fully clear of when we were supposed to be brought back. But if there was a three-day weekend, we would stay until Monday.” He describes the defendant as “a fun guy . . . we all had a really good time. Stacy was very fun, like my dad was very fun. Just very enjoyable weekends.” He describes Drew as “very genial, just very happy with his job and his life . . . I was very glad to be over there.”

In Session:

“When you would come back from visitations, was your mom’s screen door always locked?” “Sometimes it was locked.” “And sometimes it was unlocked?” “Yes.” “And if it was unlocked, that wasn’t unusual?” “That’s right.” “What time would you come back from visitations, normally?” “Sometimes it was dark outside, so I’d say around 7:00.” “Were the lights always on in your mom’s house?’ “It varied; it wasn’t always on or always off.” “If you came home and all the lights were off, did that mean your mom wasn’t home?” “More times than not, if all the lights were off it meant she wasn’t home. But we would check anyway . . . I don’t remember coming back and all the lights being on.”

In Session:

The witness says that it was “only weekends” when he and his brother would visit the defendant. “My father would come to my mother’s household, and pick up both Kristopher and I. He’d take us back to his house, and we’d spend the weekend with my father, until Sunday night, when he’d bring us back . . . if it was a three-day weekend, I was never fully clear of when we were supposed to be brought back. But if there was a three-day weekend, we would stay until Monday.” He describes the defendant as “a fun guy . . . we all had a really good time. Stacy was very fun, like my dad was very fun. Just very enjoyable weekends.” He describes Drew as “very genial, just very happy with his job and his life . . . I was very glad to be over there.”

Please remember this, jury.

Please read these tweets backwards - I don't have time to reverse them:

Stacy St. Clair ‏@StacyStClair

Tom Peterson recounting how upset his father was when he told him Savio had died. "I've never seen someone so sad," Tom says.
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

4m Stacy St. Clair Stacy St. Clair ‏@StacyStClair

Tom Peterson says there was nothing out of the ordinary w/ #drewpeterson the weekend Savio died.
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

8m Stacy St. Clair Stacy St. Clair ‏@StacyStClair

Tom Peterson tells jury that his father was "very happy" with his life around the time of his mother's death.
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

9m Stacy St. Clair Stacy St. Clair ‏@StacyStClair

Tom Peterson says that #DrewPeterson is a good guy. "He's a happy-go-lucky guy."
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

10m Stacy St. Clair Stacy St. Clair ‏@StacyStClair

Tom Peterson tells jury that he has "never suspected" that his father #DrewPeterson killed his mother
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

11m Stacy St. Clair Stacy St. Clair ‏@StacyStClair

At prompting of #DrewPeterson atty Brodsky, Tom tells jury that he was valedictorian of his Bolingbrook HS class.
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

13m Stacy St. Clair Stacy St. Clair ‏@StacyStClair

Tom Peterson tells jury he wants to go to med school. Is studying neuroscience with emphasis in computation. Goes to Penn.
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

14m Stacy St. Clair Stacy St. Clair ‏@StacyStClair

Tom Peterson says he plans to go to med school, studying neuroscience with an emphasis in computation. #
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

15m Stacy St. Clair Stacy St. Clair ‏@StacyStClair

#drewpeterson attys call Tom Peterson to stand. Tom, 19, smiled at his dad before he sat down
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

17m Stacy St. Clair Stacy St. Clair ‏@StacyStClair

#drewpeterson trial back is session

In Session:

The weekend that Kathleen died, Drew picked the boys up as usual. “Did you notice any change in his demeanor in any way . . . any change in his personality at all?’ “There was nothing odd at all. I would remember if there was. But there was nothing out of the ordinary, to my recollection.” “When he went to drop you off Sunday night, what was your dad’s demeanor?” “He was a little bit concerned. And then I think we came to the conclusion that we’d forgotten it was a three day weekend, and she was out with a friend or someone else at that time . . . he just took care of us for the rest of the night, and then the day after.” “Did you notice anything unusual that night about your dad’s demeanor?” “No . . . we just figured that because it was a three day weekend she was out, and we’d leave her to her business.” “After spending the holiday with your dad, he again tried to drop you off on Monday?” “That’s correct.” “And again your mom didn’t answer the door?’ “Correct . . . he was definitely more concerned, because that was the day we were definitely supposed to be back with my mother . . . he was kind of, like, more concerned about the situation. So he brought us back, told us to go to bed, and said he would try to figure out what was going on.” “Did you try to call your mom when you got home?” “Yes. There was no answer.”

Again: read from the bottom up :) :

#DrewPeterson jury being taken out of court as prosecutors, defense look over grand jury transcripts
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

5m Stacy St. Clair Stacy St. Clair ‏@StacyStClair

#Drewpeterson prosecutors now cross-examining Tom Peterson
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

5m Stacy St. Clair Stacy St. Clair ‏@StacyStClair

"I believe that my dad is completely innocent," Tom says. Judge strikes the remark, but jury still heard it.
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

6m Stacy St. Clair Stacy St. Clair ‏@StacyStClair

Tom Peterson says his mother liked to take hot baths and sometimes left her hair down in bath, something state says she never did.
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

"I've never seen someone so shaken up," Tom says of his father's demeanor that night.

Can't help but wonder if any of Drew's total lack of respect for women rubbed off on any of his sons.

In Session:

The next morning, Drew informed the witness that Savio was dead. “My brother and I were both downstairs, and he told us to come upstairs. He brought us into his room, and told us that our mother had died. He was very shaken up about it; I’d never seen anyone so sad . . . it was very troubling to see him so shaken up.” “He was sincerely shaken up by your mother’s death?” “Yes.” “Your mom liked to take baths?” “Yes.” “Up until a certain age, you used to take baths with her?’ “Yes, both Kristopher and I . . . until we were about five or six. She definitely liked to have hot baths; I wouldn’t say scalding, but very hot.” “Would she always put her hair up when she was taking a bath?” “She would sometimes have her hair up; she would sometimes have her hair down . . . when she would get out of the bath, she would put her hair up in a towel . . . I would know that she at least had gotten her hair wet.” “You’d see her washing her hair in the bathtub?” “Yes.” “Are you here voluntarily?” “I’m here completely voluntarily . . . because I believe my dad is innocent.:” Objection/Sustained.

In Session:

Prosecutor Koch begins his cross. “Do you recall being in front of the grand jury back in 2008?” “I do.” “Recall being asked . . .” Objection/Withdrawn. “Recall being asked . . .” The judge asks for the jury to be excused from the courtroom.

I feel for this kid and god bless him! He deserves high praise for fighting through a beyond rough childhood. That said, his testimony, if I'm on this jury is not something I would consider very reliable.

Not because he is a liar, but because he is DP'S son. He is doing what most kids would do in this situation.

All studies have shown that juries place very little faith in either character references or alibis from immediate family members. For the defense to follow such explosive and damaging testimony with a son talking about what a great guy his dad is and how cut up he was would be funny if it weren't so ...oh no, wait it is funny.

DP is headed for prison for a very long time.

In Session:

The witness and the jurors are now out of the courtroom. The attorneys are having a problem agreeing on what exactly is contained in a specific grand jury transcript (from June 26, 2008). Eventually, they work out the confusion. However Brodsky then objects to this line of testimony, saying that he does not believe it is impeaching. Koch: “This is in relationship to the testimony where he said he had seen his mom bathing.” Judge: “OK, you can ask those questions.” The judge then sends for the jury.

TP was only 11 years old, many relatives could of brain washed him.
I do not know how much an 11 year old would remember about
some minor things.........like HOT baths, hair left down while bathing.
Ask my son, hubby and grandsons and they would say they have no idea what I do in the bathroom, JMOO

In Session:

Prosecutor Koch begins his cross. “Do you recall being in front of the grand jury back in 2008?” “I do.” “Recall being asked . . .” Objection/Withdrawn. “Recall being asked . . .” The judge asks for the jury to be excused from the courtroom.

FGS, what could be the problem with this question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18