Drew Peterson's Trial *FIRST WEEK*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
51s agrimm34 ‏@agrimm34
Prosecutors: Set to testify today in #DrewPeterson trial are Savio's sister Anna Doman, evidence tech Robert Deel; investigator Pat Collins

7m Glenn Marshall ‏@GMarshall_Jr
Prosection entering the courthouse #DrewPeterson http://pic.twitter.com/6S53kg0a

In Session
26 seconds ago
Hearsay statement testimony may finally hit the stand. Kathleen Savio's sister Anna Doman, is the next scheduled witness, and she will likely attempt to testify that Savio told her she was afraid for her life. The defense has already said the objections could be fast and furious.

I wonder how much the jury will be able to take of the defense's constant objections every time hearsay testimony comes out? That's what Brodsky promised. If he get overruled as much as the prosecution, it may backfire IMHO.

In Session Judge Burmila takes the bench. “Good morning, everyone … are we ready for the jury?” Prosecutor Kathy Patton says that the next witness will be Anna Doman, “Our first statement witness . . . among the statements that Judge White did find admissible. Anna Doman was present at Kathleen Savio Peterson’s residence the morning after the body was found. And at that time, her sister made a statement in the presence of the defendant, ‘Why did you kill my sister?’ I am not going to elicit that statement, and I want the Court to know I have told the witness not to say that.” Judge Burmila: “OK.” The judge sends for the jurors.

In Session The jurors are now in the courtroom, and the State calls its first witness of the day: Anna Doman (to be questioned by prosecutor Kathy Patton). Doman is the sister of Kathleen Savio Peterson. “I’m Kathleen Savio Peterson’s older sister . . . we called her ‘Kitty;’ that was her nickname.” The witness identifies a photograph of Savio. “That’s my sister, Kitty . . . that’s her bathroom.” “Did you know her husband, Drew Peterson?” “Yes, I did . . . that’s Drew, right there.” “Were you in contact with your sister during her marriage?” “Yes, I was . . . I lived a little over a mile away, in Bolingbrook.”

I don't think I've ever seen lawyers as mouthy as Drew's are. Sheesh, they do press conferences morning, noon and night lol.

They are just like their client. Back to reading..sorry

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

In Session “After a number of years, did you learn that Kitty and the defendant were getting a divorce?” “Yes … she agreed to have the marriage dissolved first, and then have the property settlement done later…it was very complicated with the distribution of the assets.” Judge Burmila strikes the second part of that answer. “Did you have a conversation about six weeks before the divorce?” Objection/Sustained. “Did you have a conversation with her about six weeks before her death, early to mid-January?” “Yes, I did … in the afternoon, in my house in Romeoville . . . she just showed up.” “And when she showed up, could you describe what her demeanor was?” “She was afraid, upset.” Objection/Overruled. “When she came over, what, who was present?” “Just me and her.” “Did she speak to you?” “Yes . . . I asked her what was wrong, and then she said Drew had told her he was going to kill her; she was not going to make it to the divorce settlement. She was not going to get his pension or the kids. That’s why she was upset . . . she made promise over and over I would take care of her boys . . . over and over she said it, ‘Take care of my boys’ . . . she brought in a briefcase, looked like a suitcase; she told me to get it. She had her important papers in there . . . she kept it in the back of her SUV, and I should look for it right there. If anything happened, I should grab that; any important papers she had would be in there.”

In Session Early on the morning of Tuesday, March 2, Drew called her. “He said, ‘Kitty’s dead. She drowned in the tub.’ It just wasn’t registering. I just kept asking, ‘What?’ and I got a little hysterical after that. I said I’d come over, and he said, ‘Don’t bother. Because by the time you get here, she’ll be gone.’ At first, I screamed a lot, and then I thought I should call somebody, so I did . . . Drew had said he’d already called Henry, my brother, so I knew I had to call Suzy, my sister . . . I called my nephew first, Michael, her son; I wanted someone there with her, and said, ‘Please go there.’ And then I called her, and told her what happened.”

In Session That morning, a policeman came over “with a bunch of keys . . . he said they were keys.” Family members gathered at Doman’s house, ‘trying to figure out what we were gonna do.” “Where was the first place you went?” “The funeral home . . . [then] we decided to go to the house, to see if we could find insurance papers, or a will . . . I had those keys the policeman gave me . . . we all went to the house; we all had our own cars.” “How did you get into the house?” “With the garage door opener, and the inside door going into the house was unlocked . . . [it goes] into the laundry room, which goes into the kitchen.” “At some point, were you all together in the house?” “Yes.” “And what were you trying to do?” “Look for the insurance or the will, because she told me she had one.” “Did anyone come to the door?” “Yes, Drew came to the front door . . . he was banging on the door, and yelling, ‘Open the door!’ really loud. I said don’t let him in, but my Uncle Mike opened the door.”

Well, at least the pros finally got something in!

In Session “We all sat at the table a little . . . Suzie did some talking.” “What was the conversation about?” Objection/Sustained. “Did you have a conversation with the defendant at all?” “Did I say anything to Drew? I asked him what he wanted.” “Did you observe him do anything?” “Oh, yeah … he grabbed a clothes basket, and he was running around, said the boys needed stuff for school, clothes and things.” “Do you know where he got the clothes basket from?” “Upstairs, in the second story…he went upstairs, and I followed him.” “Would you please describe how he was going through the house?” “Frantic; he was frantic …like in a hurry…I wouldn’t say running, but in a hurry.” “Was the first place he went the master bedroom?” “Yes, he started in there… I followed him. Then he went into the boys’ room, the other bedrooms… the boys needed stuff.” “Did you observe the different kinds of things in the basket?” “There were papers and clothes; that’s all I know.”

I think there is hope. My daughter just got done with jury duty. It sounded very similar to this in that there wasn't a lot of direct evidence and the defense kept whining at every turn, and the judge went on and on about there had to be real evidence. She said the only thing was is that they, the jury, couldn't escape the obvious. They found the guy guilty!!!!!! So let's hope the jury has brains.

In Session “Did there come a time when he took something from a table?” Objection/Sustain. “I followed him as he went through the house, and then lost track of him after a while…I kind of went over and stayed with Suzie for a little bit, ‘cause he was getting clothes and stuff for the kids, in different rooms, digging through stuff.” “Did anyone discover Kathleen’s purse?” “Someone found it . . . it showed up on the table . . . I don’t know where it came from. It wasn’t there, and then it was just at the table; I’m not sure where it came from. We were all sitting there, and then the purse was there. He went in the purse, and there was a $100 bill, and he took it out and said, ‘This belongs to the kids.’ And he put it in his pocket.” She also saw Peterson “in the bathroom . . . he was leaning over the bathtub, rubbing. I didn’t see in the bathtub; I just saw the back of him . . . he was in the tub, rubbing. I asked him what he was doing . . . he said he was cleaning the tub. I asked him why, and he said, ‘I don’t want the kids seeing the blood.’ I didn’t know there was blood in the tub; why was there blood in the tub if she drowned? It didn’t make sense to me.” Objection/Sustained.

In Session The witness is shown a drawing of “Kitty’s house, the first floor.” “Does it appear to be accurate?” “Yes.” The diagram is then projected for the jury, and the witness is given a laser pointer. With the use of the diagram, Doman points out various locations. At one point, they didn’t know where the defendant had gone. “Were you looking for the defendant?” “Yeah, we were like, ‘Where is he?’ . . . when we got there, the lights were out in here, and we heard Drew, but he wasn’t in the laundry room . . . it sounded like it was coming from the garage. The door was open . . . it was really weird . . .” At this point, Steve Greenberg objects, and the parties go to a sidebar.

In Session The sidebar ends. “We were looking for Drew.” “What did you do after you found him?” “We were getting ready to leave.” “When you were in the house, how did you leave?” “We each had separate cars; we were all getting ready to go.” “Who did you leave with?” “Dennis [her boyfriend].” As she was leaving, “my sister told me, ‘Don’t forget my case’ . . . and it dawned on me just as I was getting ready to leave, when I saw her car in the garage. When I looked, it was exactly where she said it would be . . . it was open, so I grabbed it . . . I wanted to get this thing in the trunk right away, because I didn’t know where Drew was and I didn’t want him to take it or anything.”

In Session The witness is shown a photo of the exterior of the Savio home. She points out where her car was parked (adjacent to the garage door). “After you put the case into your vehicle, what happened?” “Drew had grabbed the garage door opener off of my car; I had put it on my hood . . . there was too much stuff for me to handle with my hands . . . he was standing in front of my car. He had the garage door opener . . . I said, ‘Give it back,’ and he said no. And I was mad . . . I never got it back.” “When you left the residence that day, how did you get out?” “As you’re standing in the garage, there’s a button right there . . . if you push the button, you can run out quick . . . as the door started coming down, I ran out quick.” “Do you know if the rest of the family left at the same time?” “Around the same time . . . we didn’t all leave together.”

OMG! I didn't think it possible, but I hate him even more than I did. I absolutely hate him and I pray the jury is as stunned as I am at his behaviour.

In Session “From your living with your sister throughout your life, did you become aware of any skin condition she might have?” “Yes, she was very sensitive to cheap jewelry, costume jewelry. If it wasn’t real gold, she would get a rash.” “Would she wear jewelry when she was bathing?” “No, she wouldn’t.” Objection/Sustained. In the last year of Savio’s life, she saw Savio “occasionally” preparing to bathe. “Did she ever wear jewelry during those times?” “No.” In the year before Savio’s death, the witness occasionally spent the night at Savio’s home. “When she was preparing to bathe, what would she do with hair?” Objection/Sustained.

In Session That concludes the direct examination of this witness. Attorney Joseph Lopez now begins his cross-examination. “This briefcase . . . the day you were at the house and found those documents, you didn’t turn them over to the State Police, did you?” “No, not on that date . . . it was later.” “It was four or five years later, isn’t that true?” “I’m not sure how much later, but it was much later.” “You stored that briefcase in your garage?” “Yes.” “You had to take it down, dust it off, and make copies of those documents in 2008?” “Yes.” “And you gave those copies to a producer for the Greta Van Susteren show?” “Yes.”

:waiting: I'm still here. Waiting for more updates. :waiting:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member