Drew Peterson's Trial *FOURTH WEEK*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"trial halted as jurors are sent out so both sides can argue over Case explanation of head wound. Went 45 mins w/out stopping"

Glasgow and other prosecutors just left the courtroom, Steve Greenberg is out in the hallway

It's her opinion, why would their be issues since she's an expert witness?

OOPS...we spoke too soon. :bangshead:

Yep ... Case's testimony seemed to be going well ...

:banghead: I knew it was too good to be true !

This "defense team" really needs to "grow up" ...

JMO and :moo:

"trial halted as jurors are sent out so both sides can argue over Case explanation of head wound. Went 45 mins w/out stopping"

RBBM: WOW -- 45 Minutes is a record !

:floorlaugh::woohoo:

In Session The witness says that she wouldn’t expect the amount of force from just a fall in the tub to have caused a loss of consciousness. “A laceration is made by a blunt object. This is a blunt object.” ‘Did you see any such edge in the tub area, in the pictures that you saw?” “I did not.” “In looking at the scene, did you come to any conclusions as to how Kathleen Savio might have hit her head?” “When you look at the kind of injury I’ve discussed, that is an injury that comes with a large amount of force, such as that sustained in an automobile accident. A fall in a tub is not enough to produce diffused brain injury.” The witness goes on to say that “any time scalp tissue is torn, as it is here, there will be some bleeding.” “Based on the amount of blood you’d expect, do you have any conclusions?” Objection. The judge calls the attorneys to a sidebar. “Did you find any blood above her body?” “I did not . . . if there was falling with striking of the head, there should be some blood there . . . I did not see any blood anywhere around the surface of the tub, only in the bottom of the tub.” “What kind of surface would be required to produce that laceration on her head?” Objection. The defense asks for a sidebar.

The pretrial hearings should have already taken care of these ....if there is an issue with the content of the testimony it shouldn't be cropping up every *$$&#
sentence. It is a deliberate tool being employed by the defense to distract from
POWERFUL CONDEMNING TESTIMONY. I am tired of this circus. Judge Burmilla's job is not only to make rulings but to preside over the courtroom....this is out of line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glasgow and other prosecutors just left the courtroom, Steve Greenberg is out in the hallway

“Is there any mechanism in the brain that if you are under water that triggers any reaction in the body?” Objection/Sustained. “If a person is under water, is there any involuntary mechanism in the body that is triggered?” Objection/Overruled. “When a person is under water, you normally hold your breath as long as you can. And then you take a breath . . . the respiratory center is driven by the level of carbon dioxide . . . “ Objection. The defense asks for another sidebar.

In Session The sidebar ends. “In reviewing Kathleen Savio’s medical records, did you see she had been treated for . . .” Objection. The parties approach for another sidebar. The sidebar ends, and the judge asks that the jury be excused from the courtroom.

This is getting out of hand. The Judge should start to control the courtroom better.

She's an Expert Witness, with Expert opinions and they should be allowed to go into what her expert opinion is on the head wound. Just because the first autopsy didn't go there, doesn't mean the expert witness can't.

In Session The jurors and the witness are now gone. The judge leaves the bench. The trial is in a recess of undetermined length.

Case also said if Savio would have fallen in tub the gash to her head would have been vertical. It was horizontal instead. #DrewPeterson

In Session The jurors and the witness are now gone. The judge leaves the bench. The trial is in a recess of undetermined length.

I bet their going into the Judges chambers so the Judge can lecture them.
Hopefully.

OH DEAR GOD.

I cannot follow this trial anymore, but I will read up on your updates. It is driving me nuts. While Burmilla is playing favorites, justice remains undone.

Peace.

About the jurors wearing all the same color every day, someone made a comment on Facebook that they thought it could be about the judge not saying good morning to them, not really acknowledging the jury, not giving them instructions at the end of the day, (the bailiff does that), that kind of thing.
I have noticed that he doesn't seem to interact with the jury at all, unless the bloggers are just leaving that out, but I doubt it.
He may have lost the jury. jmo

Here is a tweet I liked:

facsmiley: Can't wait for cross of Dr. Case. Think Mezcyk is going to act like he knows more than she does and annoy the jury again? #drewpeterson

About the jurors wearing all the same color every day, someone made a comment on Facebook that they thought it could be about the judge not saying good morning to them, not really acknowledging the jury, not giving them instructions at the end of the day, (the bailiff does that), that kind of thing.
I have noticed that he doesn't seem to interact with the jury at all, unless the bloggers are just leaving that out, but I doubt it.
He may have lost the jury. jmo

I hope that is accurate. If they dislike the judge than they might sympathize with the state attorneys.

Here is a tweet I liked:

facsmiley: Can't wait for cross of Dr. Case. Think Mezcyk is going to act like he knows more than she does and annoy the jury again? #drewpeterson

RBBM: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

JMO ... but the DT is arrogant ... like their client ...

:moo:

I find the suggestion of injuries associated with a choke hold pretty damming if you know what a choke hold can do, hope that's explained better than the little I've seen. It can and will cause unconsciousness and even death as the carotid arteries are compressed.

I'm not sure of the location these injuries are found though so I have to say, waiting to hear more about this.

trial is starting up again. 86 minutes of testimony total so far today.

Case now talking about the cervical vertigo we heard about on Friday.

[ oh, so that is what caused the sidebar...how to deal with the vertigo issue.]

I find the suggestion of injuries associated with a choke hold pretty damming if you know what a choke hold can do, hope that's explained better than the little I've seen. It can and will cause unconsciousness and even death as the carotid arteries are compressed.

I'm not sure of the location these injuries are found though so I have to say, waiting to hear more about this.

So could that account for the fluid and blood that was in her lungs????

Case: Savio had no evidence of seizure or other neurological disorder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste