Drew Peterson's Trial *FOURTH WEEK*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Odeh’s motion to withdraw noted irreconcilable differences with co-counsel Brodsky, who was also her law partner until an acrimonious split in August. On Friday, she spoke of how happy she was to get away from Brodsky for good and complained about having to keep their firm afloat while Brodsky defended Peterson for free.

“I supported the entire firm while we worked pro bono on the case,” she said, adding, “I’m very relieved to be disassociated from my former colleague in any context whatsoever.”

http://napervillesun.suntimes.com/news/crime/1840969-418/peterson-case-gun-police-prosecutors.html

Thank you - this is the one I was thinking of (snipped/bold from your quote)

A man in his 50s who has lived in Will County his entire life. He works as a homebuilder, developer and consultant, and he used to own his own construction company. He is married and has a cousin who’s a retired Joliet police officer. He’s also taking flying lessons to become a pilot.

Ahh, my memory is not that good, but this juror still gives me concern.

Thank you for the quick reply and link.

In Session The judge/attorney exchange continues at length. Brodsky argues that through this letter the State is putting Kathleen Savio’s credibility at issue. Should that happen, “Then I want Mr. Smith to take the stand and tell us about this privileged information he has, about how she took the stand and lied . . . they can’t have their case [sic] and eat it, too.”

Defense doesn't want prosecutors to be able to call Smith, but not have him testify about Savio's perjury in the battery case...

"The state can't have its case and eat it too," Brodsky said.

[ he makes me gag...]

Burmila: Statement signed by Savio, indicating fear for her life, is admissable.

:woohoo::woohoo::great::great::heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat::star:

Odeh’s motion to withdraw noted irreconcilable differences with co-counsel Brodsky, who was also her law partner until an acrimonious split in August. On Friday, she spoke of how happy she was to get away from Brodsky for good and complained about having to keep their firm afloat while Brodsky defended Peterson for free.

“I supported the entire firm while we worked pro bono on the case,” she said, adding, “I’m very relieved to be disassociated from my former colleague in any context whatsoever.”

http://napervillesun.suntimes.com/news/crime/1840969-418/peterson-case-gun-police-prosecutors.html

I about puked when I saw this in the above link:

“He’s Drew Peterson,” Brodsky said. “He always wins in the long run.”

Stacy St. Clair ‏@StacyStClair
#DrewPeterson judge allows letter that Savio wrote, stating that she feared for her life, to be admitted.

In Session Prosecutor Colleen Griffin joins the discussion. Judge: “This exhibit is going to be admitted. This is a statement signed by Ms. Savio . . . if the defense wants to call Mr. Smith to impeach him, tell me the date and I will compel him to be here.”

judge considers redacting part of letter that says Drew stuck Savio with lots of bills because it makes DP "look like a cad."
:mad:

trial in a brief recess. Burmila: "You guys get your act together."

In Session Judge: “I’m going to take a break. You guys get your act together, and let me know.” Judge Burmila leaves the bench, and the trial is in recess.

(OH FOR GOD'S SAKE)

Thanks, I'm just hoping that the zoning out isn't representative of the young jurors.

I think these jurors are paying attention because they are in that jury box for such short durations that they are practically being spoon feed. There is just not the opportunity for them to get "bored" with any long, drawn out forensic evidence. They are getting a clear picture of who DP is and how he made these women's lives a living hell. jmo

Stacy St. Clair ‏@StacyStClair
#DrewPeterson judge allows letter that Savio wrote, stating that she feared for her life, to be admitted.

:woohoo: Finally ... Kathleen's voice will be heard !

:woohoo:

The judge must be exhausted from his long lunch. :waiting:

LOL! I was just wondering what kinds of previous cases the DT were involved in. And if their actions in this trial are the norm for them.

They are treated like they are rock stars and the "dream team"
I am so sick of seeing those mugs sporting sunglasses....but not as sick as I am
of seeing the smug mug that is Drew himself. He *loved* all of the attention that they gave him before his arrest. They are all attention *advertiser censored*.

High profile case..they want recognition.

Don't think they are getting what they want tho..seems they have managed to make most peeps disgusted with them and their outrageous behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo8877