Drew Peterson's Trial *THIRD WEEK*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had cervical vertigo for neary 6 months and never fell. You learn to not turn your head quickly or get up too quickly and never go through a drive-thru car wash! :crazy:

In Session Judge Burmila is back on the bench. He then calls the attorneys to a sidebar.

In Session “When you have a lot of stress and both sides are tight, you feel very unsteady. That’s what we call cervical vertigo.” “Have you treated other patients with cervical vertigo?” “Hundreds.” “The condition that Kathleen Savio had, would that have caused her experience any sort of unsteadiness, such as falling down?” “Although she felt unsteady, the chances of falling are actually less than the common person . . . you’re very cautious, and you hang onto things.” “Can you please explain how you treated the stress that Kathleen Savio was experiencing?” “If you don’t treat the underlying problem, getting the serotonin and the adrenaline balanced, it just keeps coming back. So I gave her lorazepam, an anti-anxiety drug . . . with that, I knew she’d make an adequate amount of serotonin. And then I gave her Zoloft, which helps her store the serotonin she’d already made.”

In Session The attorneys approach the bench for a sidebar.

In Session The sidebar ends. The judge then excuses the jurors, and leaves the bench. We are apparently in a brief recess.

I wonder about the dosage of those drugs. If I am not mistaken both can cause some unsteadiness in higher dosages.

Does anyone know if she was actually taking the drugs at the time of her death? Did they show on the tox report?

A lot of time time people get the perscription, take them a few times, and either feel better and quit or don't like the side affects and quit.

:waiting:

I know, right????

The poor jurors barely have time to get their seats warm before they have to POP back out of the courtroom. I have very bad knees (avascular necrosis) and I would NOT be able to get up/down like they do all day. Even w/ good knees it would tick me off to be getting up/down every few minutes, all day.
How can they absorb ANY info like this?

We should send the judge emails.

I had cervical vertigo for neary 6 months and never fell. You learn to not turn your head quickly or get up too quickly and never go through a drive-thru car wash! :crazy:

Just for my own personal info, is it worse for the elderly? I think my dad has vertigo (of course he doesn't want to see a doctor and is in total denial that anything is wrong with him). He has fallen at least 3 times in the last 6 months.

1m In Session‏@InSession

The sidebar ends. Then, once again, the judge leaves the bench

Just for my own personal info, is it worse for the elderly? I think my dad has vertigo (of course he doesn't want to see a doctor and is in total denial that anything is wrong with him). He has fallen at least 3 times in the last 6 months.

Get his ears checked first to rule out inner ear infection. :moo:

I wonder about the dosage of those drugs. If I am not mistaken both can cause some unsteadiness in higher dosages.

I know zoloft does, I was on it less than a week several yrs ago and I felt like I was walking 2 inches above the floor. I had to go off it b/c I have balance problems anyway (CNS damage from transplant) and it was TOO MUCH for me to try to walk on zoloft. FYI.

:moo:

34s Stacy St. Clair‏@StacyStClair

#DrewPeterson jury out of room as defense challenges Neri's qualifications as an expert witness.

Well, since I will be 65, I find it no different now, then I did when I had it in my 30's. Of course now, I am much more aware and cautious when I get it again.

Hopefully your father will seek medical attention, because he will feel a heck of a lot better. Tell him I said so FWIW! :)

side effect. Zoloft and an anti-anxiety medication is a very common prescription. Millions of people take it....
Did the toxicology report show her meds in the system?

Well, since I will be 65, I find it no different now, then I did when I had it in my 30's. Of course now, I am much more aware and cautious when I get it again.

Hopefully your father will seek medical attention, because he will feel a heck of a lot better. Tell him I said so FWIW! :)

Thanks! I'll tell him. lol

I've been trying to get him to see a doctor but he refuses.

In Session The judge returns to the bench (but the jury is not present). The witness says he’s testified many times, and has always been qualified as a witness. But before he can be qualified as an expert in this case, he is challenged by defense attorney Darryl Goldberg, who asks him about a case in Texas. “That was the one where the court said that you failed to describe the applicable standards of care . . . does that ring a bell?” “No.” “Are you saying you have absolutely no recollection of the court not allowing you to testify in that case as an expert witness?” “No.” “In this particular case, the last time you treated Ms. Savio was in 2002?” “Right.” “Two years before her passing?” “Yes.” “You understand each patient presents to you a unique set of conditions or variables?” “Yes.” “There’s a myriad of conditions that each individual person can come in and present to you?” “Correct.” Objection/Sustained. “Cervical vertigo is not a common diagnosis . . . there’s not a lot of research or literature to support that diagnosis?” Objection/Sustained.

Wow! This is ridiculous! The jury has spent as much time OUT of the courtroom as they have spent IN the courtroom.

Does anyone know if she was actually taking the drugs at the time of her death? Did they show on the tox report?

A lot of time time people get the perscription, take them a few times, and either feel better and quit or don't like the side affects and quit.

Autopsy report shows no drugs in her system, if I am reading the report correctly.

http://www.autopsyfiles.org/reports/Other/savio, kathleen_report.pdf

Why is the defense so worried about this doctor? It seems like it would help their case if the jury thinks she had this condition, imo.

Beth Karas InSession

The Drew Peterson jurors filed into court today wearing black or dark blue clothes. Yesterday's color was blue. What does this mean? They're out of court so much while attorneys argue motions that, perhaps, they've created their own game to play with us..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett