Dunkin' Donuts yanks Rachel Ray Ad

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think it is quite lovely and I might just go out and try to find one just like it. And I will probably get lots and lots of compliments on it. My friends are quite bright and have fulfilling lifes so they have better things to do with their time than look for the evil meaning in everything.

I think that's a great idea. I think you should wear one for an entire week everywhere you go, and let us know how that works out for you.

I'd be curious to know what happens.

I think it is quite lovely and I might just go out and try to find one just like it. And I will probably get lots and lots of compliments on it. My friends are quite bright and have fulfilling lifes so they have better things to do with their time than look for the evil meaning in everything.

(there was another part to my post. I'd like to see what your input is on that)

I think that's a great idea. I think you should wear one for an entire week everywhere you go, and let us know how that works out for you.

I'd be curious to know what happens.

I can honestly tell you that at least here in Indiana, nobody would think twice about it being just a scarf. Bottom line.

I can honestly tell you that at least here in Indiana, nobody would think twice about it being just a scarf. Bottom line.

That's worrisome. However, I think as people become informed to the world outside their state lines, we'll be better off for it.

ooookaaay. I thought most people here were openminded, but I find more and more that is not the case. If someone is so offended by a damn scarf on a 30 -45 second spot on the internet then tough cookies. This is getting ridiculous.

To those of you who agree with this stupidity...Next time someone on WS tells you they are offended by your opinion/comments/signature line or avatar will YOU take them off WS or defend them? If you say you would not take them down then you are a hypocrite.
i do not know about everyone that found it offensive but i know karole removed a image in her sig that someone found offensive.

picture:
1211929942_3205.jpg

more: http://www.boston.com/ae/celebrity/...nks_rachael_ray_ad/?p1=Well_MostPop_Emailed1/

You guys know I hate Rachel Ray, but this is the most absurd thing I've ever heard.

Oh please, that scarf is very stylist and hip and looks nothing like what they say it does. They must of wanted out of her contract for some reason.

I'm not a big Rachel Ray fan, but I'll tell you, that Dunkin Donuts is so stupid over this, that I won't go there

Thanks, I started to mention it. But, figured what the heck.

:blowkiss:
hey i do not find the scarf to look enough like the offensive object to bother me but i will stand up for your right to feel that way and express it. it is only fair that those who are so angry at your stand know you practice what you preach.

Oh please, that scarf is very stylist and hip and looks nothing like what they say it does. They must of wanted out of her contract for some reason.

I'm not a big Rachel Ray fan, but I'll tell you, that Dunkin Donuts is so stupid over this, that I won't go there
how would this let them out of the contract? even if they do not use the picture she still gets paid.

ooookaaay. I thought most people here were openminded, but I find more and more that is not the case. If someone is so offended by a damn scarf on a 30 -45 second spot on the internet then tough cookies. This is getting ridiculous.

To those of you who agree with this stupidity...Next time someone on WS tells you they are offended by your opinion/comments/signature line or avatar will YOU take them off WS or defend them? If you say you would not take them down then you are a hypocrite.

I'm not trying to make money off anyone on WS. Why would I take anything down?

Stylish and hip? mmmmmyeah...she should pair leg warmers with a pair of booty shorts. I know I always wear a scarf with a short sleeved, lowish cut shirt.

"looks nothing like what they say it does?"

I posted a link earlier to other "scarves". You should check it out.

hey i do not find the scarf to look enough like the offensive object to bother me but i will stand up for your right to feel that way and express it. it is only fair that those who are so angry at your stand know you practice what you preach.

And, I appreciate you for it! Thank you kindly.

it is a free country. she has the right to wear what ever she wants. people have the right to refuse to spend their money in a store that runs a ad they find offensive. dunkin has the right to keep the ad up and risk a loss of profit or remove it because they are in the business of making money. freedom works both ways. she can wear what she wants but people are free to comment on it. when a court steps in to control what is worn or said it is a freedom issue. until then wear what you want and if someone wears something you find offensive speak up.

Voice of reason! Thank you!

No one is forcing anyone to wear the scarf or not wear the scarf. It's a matter of choice. Racheal Ray chose to wear the scarf (or the production team's stylist picked it for her, more likely), now Dunkin' Donuts is choosing not to run the commercial.

You are all over the place. DD agreed and pulled the spot - business move. For those who don't agree, so what - no harm no foul. For those who were/are offended, DD addressed their issue,it's called empathy and business.

DD never intened to cause hurt feeling unlike -say, someone calling others less openminded

Voice of reason! Thank you!

No one is forcing anyone to wear the scarf or not wear the scarf. It's a matter of choice. Racheal Ray chose to wear the scarf (or the production team's stylist picked it for her, more likely), now Dunkin' Donuts is choosing not to run the commercial.
excuse me while i look for the devil on ice skates. if i am the voice of reason hell has surely frozen over. :crazy: :blowkiss:

Where is your "openminded-ness" concerning those who don't like what the "damn scarf" stands for?

Nobody forced you to post on this thread. Nobody is forcing you to continue to do so. Obviously you're not through saying what you want to say, so say it.

Oh, people can have their opinions I am not offended by them and people can not like mine, I am not offended by that either. And honey I already said it, the 'oh it's a show of support for terrorist and is offensive' is stupid. There I said it again.

That's worrisome. However, I think as people become informed to the world outside their state lines, we'll be better off for it.

No it is not worrisome it is in fact comforting that there is some little piece of our country that has not lost it's flipping mind and does not choose to find something evil where there is none and no offense where there is none. What is worrisome is all the people thinking that it is okay to look for the evil everywhere.

I agree I think that is great that there are those who will actually do that. So many just want to stand back and go oh no that's offensive and that is not right, but then when someone says 'uh you know, now that I think of it what you said or did or have on is offensive to my beliefs' then they will just say oh well...

I look at it like this I was brought up to beleive that no one can hurt your feelings or offend you unless YOU let them and quite frankly I really try not to give others that much control over me.

I'm not trying to make money off anyone on WS. Why would I take anything down?

So people can only find something offensive if a company is trying to make money? :waitasec: I am not even going to try to figure out that logic.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benjysmom
Back