Dunkin' Donuts yanks Rachel Ray Ad

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you Gaia, for your post!

Thank you Curiosity Cat, as well. However, I'd like to point out that Gaia's post dealt mainly with the plight of Arab Christians, while yours seems to focus solely on the Muslim point of view (regarding ownership of Palestine/Israel). Would you like to address the issue of Palestinian Christians (who have certainly been living in the area longer than the Muslims)? Thanks!
The Christians there, and I know some of them, say that everything went well for them until they took the Jews out of Gaza. Then Hamas, not fearing any retribution brought gangs of thugs in there. There are Messianic Christians there who have been abused now...because of Hamas.

I saw the ad a few weeks ago. Honestly I don't think it looks a thing like the real deal, nor do I think for one second that there was any actual symbolism, intentional or not. I think someone WAY over-analyzed the scarf and made it into something it wasn't.

http://celebritystyleblog.wordpress.com/tag/gauze-scarf/
http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urba...m_guid=1-_-100000000000000105904-_-1013738177

These scarves are everywhere. I wore a white one today with a tank top and boho skirt. Two days ago I wore a light blue one with a white tee and khaki pants. It's 95 degrees outside, but they're cool and light and dress up the tank tops I have to wear to avoid the heat. Paisley is also very popular right now, as is black and white wardrobes (I shop at White House Black Market frequently).

To first assume that the scarf is somehow potentially a Keffiyeh is a stretch. To then assume that the use of it was intentional to express support for Jihadists is even more absurd.

This is just so reminiscent of a witch hunt.
It reminded me of this incident:
http://newsbusters.org/node/3142

I'm Scotch Irish and if I saw someone wearing a paisley skirt made out of the same colors as our family tartan, I wouldn't assume they were somehow related or that it even had anything to do with the tartan.

Are you Rachel Ray?

I wish! I'd be RICH, RICH, RICH! And I'd get to travel all over for her travel shows. Seriously, I think the FoodNetwork gets a little carried away with whoever their host of the moment is. They give them multiple shows simultaneously, and people just get sick of the over exposure. I think one show at a time per host is enough.

Well then, I promise if there are any other Rachel Ray threads to add "pigface" so they are correctly linked together for search reasons. :)

I apologize for the over-the-topness...but my dislike for her is over-the-top!

*swings arms wildy, makes a crooked mouth, and talks with the mentality of a kindergartener like RR does*

Well then, I promise if there are any other Rachel Ray threads to add "pigface" so they are correctly linked together for search reasons. :)

I apologize for the over-the-topness...but my dislike for her is over-the-top!

*swings arms wildy, makes a crooked mouth, and talks with the mentality of a kindergartener like RR does*

I agree!

And whoever is getting paid to dress her should be shot!

Lesson is: research what you wear!

I really miss the good old days where you just put on clothes to cover your body. Clothes weren't considered a political statement and there certainly wasn't a need to research what you put on.

I just want to say, it amazes me that people leave their Countries, I'm assuming because they are not happy with their Countries. They come to our Country and then want us to change our Country to be more like theirs. We must respect everyone's traditions and forget ours. Some changes have been good, others not so much. We as American's are loosing our rights to be American's. Please do not think I am against people coming to this Country and I am certainly not for prejudice of any kind. But as an American in my Country I think I should have the right to wear whatever I want to, without worrying about offending someone from another Country. Now if I am in their Country I will go by their laws and what they wish. Some of you may consider me ignorant...I personally see myself as an American.

I just want to say, it amazes me that people leave their Countries, I'm assuming because they are not happy with their Countries. They come to our Country and then want us to change our Country to be more like theirs. We must respect everyone's traditions and forget ours. Some changes have been good, others not so much. We as American's are loosing our rights to be American's. Please do not think I am against people coming to this Country and I am certainly not for prejudice of any kind. But as an American in my Country I think I should have the right to wear whatever I want to, without worrying about offending someone from another Country. Now if I am in their Country I will go by their laws and what they wish. Some of you may consider me ignorant...I personally see myself as an American.

This post doesn't make much sense to me for multiple reasons.

First, everyone in this country (except the Native Americans) came from overseas, and brought parts of their culture with them. It's not like some American culture already existed for everyone to adopt, it's a culmination of various bits and pieces of other cultures. With that in mind, our culture should be an ever-evolving one. The Italians and Irish were met with alot of the same resistance that the Arabs are now.

Second, it's Americans (or in this case, an American) who are(is) complaining about what someone else (Rachel Ray, an American) is wearing.

Second, it's Americans (or in this case, an American) who are(is) complaining about what someone else (Rachel Ray, an American) is wearing.

No, not just "Americans"

From my earlier post:

But Ms Tieger said she had "no idea about the politics" when she bought the scarf at the Tree Of Life store.

"I thought it was a nice scarf, a cowboy scarf. I thought: 'It's black and white, no-one will say anything to me because that's all we can wear [with our work uniform]'.

"A Palestinian customer came up and asked me if I'm wearing this scarf as a fashion statement or for political reasons.

"I had no idea what he was talking about because I don't follow politics at all. I just laughed it off.

"Two days later he called and complained about it."

Shevonne Hunt, a freelance journalist who has reported on the keffiyeh's popularity in Australia, said many Palestinians were annoyed the widespread use of the keffiyeh for fashion had watered down its meaning.

Click!

No, not just "Americans"

From my earlier post:

But Ms Tieger said she had "no idea about the politics" when she bought the scarf at the Tree Of Life store.

"I thought it was a nice scarf, a cowboy scarf. I thought: 'It's black and white, no-one will say anything to me because that's all we can wear [with our work uniform]'.

"A Palestinian customer came up and asked me if I'm wearing this scarf as a fashion statement or for political reasons.

"I had no idea what he was talking about because I don't follow politics at all. I just laughed it off.

"Two days later he called and complained about it."

Shevonne Hunt, a freelance journalist who has reported on the keffiyeh's popularity in Australia, said many Palestinians were annoyed the widespread use of the keffiyeh for fashion had watered down its meaning.

Click!

People are whiny *advertiser censored*.

So why do you think that we give so much power to a piece of cloth? Whether it be a scarf or a flag. The piece of cloth has no power, we give it power and we give those who are offended power. If somone burns a flag I don't get all in a huff, why? It's a flag, it's not my country it's a piece of cloth and they are doing it to get a reaction if they don't get a reaction well all their bluff and bluster was for nothing and they are sorely disappointed. I prefer to dissappoint the silly people than give them the satisfaction of a reaction and power over my emotions. Now I myself would never burn a flag and I am respectful of it for my own reasons, but hey if you want to burn it and shout I hate America, go ahead, but I will not give you the satisfaction of reacting to it and besides you just look silly doing it.

A piece of cloth is just a piece of cloth always has been always will be, it's our perceptions that convolute things and give meaningless fashion accessories power. And our willingness to say "oh I am so sorry you are offended I'll take it off" just adds to it. Those who complain know they will get a reaction and they like that so they keep complaining. If someone complains and we just shrug it off *poof* there goes their power and their satisfaction.

I saw the ad a few weeks ago. Honestly I don't think it looks a thing like the real deal, nor do I think for one second that there was any actual symbolism, intentional or not. I think someone WAY over-analyzed the scarf and made it into something it wasn't.

http://celebritystyleblog.wordpress.com/tag/gauze-scarf/
http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urba...m_guid=1-_-100000000000000105904-_-1013738177

These scarves are everywhere. I wore a white one today with a tank top and boho skirt. Two days ago I wore a light blue one with a white tee and khaki pants. It's 95 degrees outside, but they're cool and light and dress up the tank tops I have to wear to avoid the heat. Paisley is also very popular right now, as is black and white wardrobes (I shop at White House Black Market frequently).

To first assume that the scarf is somehow potentially a Keffiyeh is a stretch. To then assume that the use of it was intentional to express support for Jihadists is even more absurd.

This is just so reminiscent of a witch hunt.
It reminded me of this incident:
http://newsbusters.org/node/3142

I'm Scotch Irish and if I saw someone wearing a paisley skirt made out of the same colors as our family tartan, I wouldn't assume they were somehow related or that it even had anything to do with the tartan.

Ahhhhh a voice of reason. So refreshing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demee
Back