Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

It is confusing, but that statement is not correct, imo. You don't have to drive all the way around to access Middle Mt. area. That is just ONE WAY you can access it. But there is a direct way right from Mark's house, up to the gate at Middle Mountain.

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=2...F-8&ei=d8DRUc_aG-ShigfA_YDQCQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAg

I think this is correct

A - MRs house 2343 County Road 500 Vallecito Colorado
B - Middle Mountain Road Bayfield Colorado
C - Bayfield township Colorado

there is no need to go all the way to Bayfield to get to middle mountain road. hmmm

for some reason the link isn't showing the second and third locations that I put in for directions. if anyone is good with screenshots a little help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Middle Mountain Road is north and within sight of Vallecito Lake. The search area ranged from 8,000 to 11,000 feet altitude amid deep canyons and dense forest, the sheriff's department said in a news release.

Middle Mountain Road parallels the road that Mark Redwine lives on, and both roads take off from the north end of Vallecito Lake. The road Redwine lives on has houses, businesses and RV parks on it. Middle Mountain Road runs through rugged backcountry without any development.

http://newswithtags.com/Parent/denv...ound-near-vallecito-sheriff-says#.UdHB3xb3Ay4

I am STILL willing to believe that a local unknown killed Dylan...if only I could understand/believe him not texting or calling anyone, especially R.

If someone came to the door, for instance, while Dylan was allegedly eating cereal, it would have to be someone he knew quite well for him to agree to gather up all his stuff and go with them. And the list of people he would have known well enough should be a very short one, IMO. So that probably did not happen. And again, it goes back to not texting. I do not believe he would have awoke, realized he missed his ride to R.'s, and done anything before contacting him. I really felt he had a strong desire to see his friend. His texts on Sunday night showed he was not making casual, but rather, firm plans.

So I also can't buy that he headed out and got picked up by a villain, again without texting R to say he was on his way. I could see not letting his father know if they were not getting along or if he was angry for being left behind. But not his friend. He would have been more determined to make sure he could find R when he got there.

IMO, Dylan would have had to have been removed from his bed, still asleep, to not have texted.

I think I do understand what MR was trying to say with regards to the area that he and Brandon were sent to hand out flyers. He is trying to say that the road they were sent on runs up the east side of the mountain. It's not Middle Mountain Rd he's referring to. He's trying to say that in order to get to that area, you'd have to go all the way to Bayfield and then go up that road.

It seemed to me for many weeks in the beginning that MR was trying to indicate that it was his belief that Dylan left the home of his own accord either to go fishing or hiking. Even he knew it would be highly unlikely that he wandered into danger by walking all the way to Bayfield and then onto a road that runs up the east side of the mountain. MR seemed to feel that searching areas that were within range to walk or hike were more likely. Like the lake and the area behind his house. Almost like he was trying to deflect from the possibility of him being anywhere somewhat local that still would require him to have been taken there with a vehicle.

When he did finally start coming around to the possibility that Dylan was taken somewhere by vehicle, because dogs couldn't seem to scent him anywhere close by, he seemed to want to deflect that possibility to him being taken somewhere far from Vallecito.

Interesting.

MOO

Is this the same road or no?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A9HSaqXt4o"]Middle Mountain Road Colorado - YouTube[/ame]

I am sad to hear about Dylan's passing. I was hoping he was just running away and would turn up eventually in a neighboring city. However I'm glad to see that his family will finally have closure. RIP little man.
As for MR, I don't think that police would contact him and take him to see his son's remains if he were the prime suspect in the case. I'd say they would have arrested him right off the bat. He shows a great deal of grief just in his voice, compared to the other videos. And I would want police to take me to my baby right away. I don't think I could have waited until the morning. JMHO
I'm deeply sorry for Dylan, the family, and all the pain that they're going through right now. I'll pray that he gets the justice he deserves. ~Jen

Sorry to ask this, but I'm so far behind on this case, and I can't find this info in the media thread. What is MR's occupation? TIA.

I suddenly realise why it was a 5 day search and I am amazed that LE located Dylan as from a outsider looking it , it looks like a needle in a haystack

Another in Oct. 2012

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2lnuXfog3s"]Near Vallecito Lake Colorado - YouTube[/ame]

Kimster, I don't think there is enough snow for the time of year on your road view... this may be a different middle mountain road.

Here is fall road trip Oct. 2012

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2lnuXfog3s"]Near Vallecito Lake Colorado - YouTube[/ame]

Here is winter snow mobile view of Middle Mountain Road Dec. 2012

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvIzGWEDhZU"]Middle Mountain, Colorado, Vallecito Lake - YouTube[/ame]

Dylan went missing right between these two road trips in November 2012

This is my first post, although I've been following various cases on WS for years. I just wanted to share a couple thoughts. I live in a community close to where Jessica Ridgeway disappeared and was subsequently found, and during that time there were all kinds of community meetings with LE and other authorities warning us to keep a close watch on our children. We received many notices from schools and the police about a dangerous, unidentified predator who undoubtedly lived and worked locally and could strike again at any time. It was a frightening time. As far as I know, these types of meetings and warnings did not take place when DR disappeared and are not taking place now. If that is the case, it seems to me LE does not believe other children are in danger, despite the fact that we now know the perp is almost certainly local (based on where DR was found).

I also sadly noted today names of some of the streets around MRs home: Hope Road, Faith Lane, Happy Place, Trust Drive, Loyal Place, and Kind Place.

I noticed camping but not in the snow. Also noticed large road grates (drainage) on the long video posted above (11:35 long). It was about at the 7:10 mark. In the snow mobile video, there's a road grate at about 1:00.

Groundwork, I'm glad you joined us! I enjoyed your first post much and hope you continue to jump in! :blowkiss:

This is my first post, although I've been following various cases on WS for years. I just wanted to share a couple thoughts. I live in a community close to where Jessica Ridgeway disappeared and was subsequently found, and during that time there were all kinds of community meetings with LE and other authorities warning us to keep a close watch on our children. We received many notices from schools and the police about a dangerous, unidentified predator who undoubtedly lived and worked locally and could strike again at any time. It was a frightening time. As far as I know, these types of meetings and warnings did not take place when DR disappeared and are not taking place now. If that is the case, it seems to me LE does not believe other children are in danger, despite the fact that we now know the perp is almost certainly local (based on where DR was found).

I also sadly noted today names of some of the streets around MRs home: Hope Road, Faith Lane, Happy Place, Trust Drive, Loyal Place, and Kind Place.

WELCOME!!!!! and thank you for your very informative post and I have to agree with your perception, it doesn't seem like LE beleive any other children are in danger.

I just read the article from Elaine's interview and it is impossible not to feel her devastation. I'm glad that she is able to channel her heartbreak and anger into something positive like seeking justice for her baby though. I believe that her and Katt will continue to do wonderful things for other victims. They will make a difference in other lives to honor Dylan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member