Dylan Redwine Case Discussion Thread/Dylan's Remains Found, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ya'll. I've been lurking on this thread since the remains of this child were found. I have been aware of his missing since right before Thanksgiving but haven't followed closely because I follow two other cases diligently. I'm trying to catch up. Excuse my asking the following question if it has been asked and answered before. There are numerous reports that Dylan last communicated by electronic means shortly after 8:00 p.m. Have there been reports about Mark Redwine's communications to other people during the rest of the night from 8:00 p.m. until early the next morning, the day he reported the boy missing?

LE has not released Mark's cell phone activity; however, in Mark's uncut interview with MB, he said he contacted Dylan several times while he was out running errands and he called a real estate agent about a cheque he sent them. Imo, Mark didn't have to leave the house to contact the real estate agent and his visit with the lawyer wasn't urgent either.

MOO

I think MR was really ticked off before Dylan's plane even landed. Leading up to the visit Dylan wouldn't return MR phone calls, they had the hearing where Dylan talked to the judge privately, (who knows what was said about Mark I can only guess) He has to start paying child support,He wanted to go straight to his friends house, He wasn't paying attention to Mark and was on his phone. That's quite a bit that I'll bet Mark grew angrier by the minute. I think he wanted to press Dylan on what he talked to the judge about and Dylan didn't really divulge anything. I think what happened to Dylan was about anger and revenge on Mark's part. Poor Dylan.

For a man that so desperately wanted to spend time with his son... He certainly found all kinds of excuses not to, on Dylan's first day there!

I think MR was really ticked off before Dylan's plane even landed. Leading up to the visit Dylan wouldn't return MR phone calls, they had the hearing where Dylan talked to the judge privately, (who knows what was said about Mark I can only guess) He has to start paying child support,He wanted to go straight to his friends house, He wasn't paying attention to Mark and was on his phone. That's quite a bit that I'll bet Mark grew angrier by the minute. I think he wanted to press Dylan on what he talked to the judge about and Dylan didn't really divulge anything. I think what happened to Dylan was about anger and revenge on Mark's part. Poor Dylan.

That looks like motive in my book!

Do we know what he bought at Walmart. Did he indeed did buy kid type movies and snacks ?

And you left out that mark was getting child support til the new order iirc. Anyone remember ?

And you left out that mark was getting child support til the new order iirc. Anyone remember ?

I see anger revenge and possibly premeditation.
MRs reactions also seem rather unconcerned. I know people can react different from one another, but I would think when one's own child is missing, there is some sort of a universal common reaction. MR wouldnt even take the LDT from DP! I would do anything and everything it took to get eyes off of me so that LE would get out there and find my child! I believe thats what Mark Klaas did and has recommended.
moo

I see anger revenge and possibly premeditation.
MRs reactions also seem rather unconcerned. I know people can react different from one another, but I would think when one's own child is missing, there is some sort of a universal common reaction. MR wouldnt even take the LDT from DP! I would do anything and everything it took to get eyes off of me so that LE would get out there and find my child! I believe thats what Mark Klaas did and has recommended.
moo

Ditto! Me too!
I would tell the truth ...all of it, even if i was busy smoking crack and boinking the pizza delivery guy. ( not that i do or would) I'd beg to take the polygraph, I'd offer hair and blood samples. The quicker they eliminate me, the quicker they could focus on finding my child! Id want Every available officer searching and follow up leads. That's priority!!!! For the innocent. IMO

From the press report:

"Investigators confirmed that Dylan arrived at Mark’s home on Sunday at about 8:00 PM after stops at Wal-Mart and McDonald’s in Durango."

So, unless they are intentionally deceiving the public, yes. And the presser seems to be confirming the time as well (which is why I thought it must have been due to network activity at MR's house).

iirc that is the time we are hearing that his phone went dead. ?
If so then that would seem to be how they are placing him at MR house, the ping.?

Well, the way I see it and I'm quite certain many others do as well, is its a really "poor" thing for a parent to have killed their child.. Poor to say the least..yet, we know parents unfortunately do kill their kids..

So, in looking at the fact that in this particular scenario that was commented on regarding the alibi that in your opinion is "poor"..we aren't exactly talking about someone with a really great, level head here who makes well thought out decisions.. In this scenario we are speaking of an alibi for the crime of having killed their very own child..

So, for me the fact that their alibi may be "poor" would be no surprise.. IMO someone who has killed their child and the murder was in no way premeditated, but rather was a series of events that led to an escalation of tension, anger, frustration, and resentment that all came to a head and resulted in their killing their child..

IMO I personally would not expect in that scenario for the perpetrator to have a very thorough and well thought plan of how to cover all the bases after the fact of having killed their child... In fact I personally would expect just that, a "poor" alibi to have been constructed in the aftermath of having killed their child..

In many theories this was not a premeditated murder so to speak, but rather just as I described above an escalation of extreme anger, frustration, and resentment culminating in his lashing out on a totally innocent, defenseless, very small framed young man who died as a result..

"Poor" anger management skills, "poor" self restraint, "poor" coping skills, etc, etc..as IMO the list truly goes on and on of what all issues are at play that all are of a "poor" grade..

My opinion is it that the "poor" alibi you speak of fits perfectly with all of the multitude of other "poor" issues, mindsets, skills, etc that are at play in this crime with Mark Redwine.

As always jmo *IF* Mark Redwine is in fact responsible for having killed his son.

MR admits he keeps his feelings bottled up inside of him and he has been carrying these negative emotions around with him for many years which is why imo he can't communicate effectively.

A person in this condition needs professional help and tmk Mark hasn't received any so his son was at risk of being harmed when he visited him alone in November.

Mark knew in advance that Dylan was coming to visit him in November when Elaine received primary custody of Dylan so if he isn't releasing his emotions in a constructive manner and getting professional help to deal with his problems, how can he possibly let these negative energies go and find peace?

Under these conditions, it's reasonable to suspect Mark devised a plan to murder his son and his scheduled errands were intended to cover up a crime.

ETA: DP said Mark has serious problems but did he refer him to a counsellor?

MOO

Thanks Mitsana for asking this question that IMO opens a discussion on what we each see as the most likeliest ways that Dylan's life was taken..was it premeditated??..or was it the culmination of years of bitter resentment that peaked that night with Dylan being the unfortunate victim on the receiving end, thus resulting in his death??

I have been up and down on both sides of this spectrum wrt premeditated vs. not planned..and I truly believe that most likeliest is that it is actually somewhere there in the middle of those two that is actually how/why Dylan was killed on November 18.. MOO!..what I mean by it being somewhere in the middle of having been a premeditated, planned murder..and it being not planned, is that IMO I find it quite possible that over the course of time in Mark's having only furthered his deep seated anger, jealousy, resentment, etc toward Elaine..all of these extremely volatile and dangerous feelings really took on a whole new meaning..

They reached a whole new, never before level of truly the utmost of anger and resentment toward Elaine from the point in time of the job promotion, geographical move, in a committed relationship that also included his sons having formed a bonded relationship with the significant other as well..the court proceedings including granting by the courts of his only minor son moving with mom and the significant other..as well as terminating the money Mark had the benefit of receiving due to the fact Elaine was the breadwinner btwn the two..the courts imposing his now being responsible for paying Elaine a monthly support for their minor son..and then there is THE pivotal incident of which IMO is the entire catalyst..leading to a rapid deterioration of any semblance of a father/son relationship btwn he and Dylan..Elaine requesting the private, in chambers meeting btwn Dylan and the judge..the sudden and complete halt to any/all contact/communication with Dylan in those weeks leading up to the court ordered visitation..

Those events that occurred all within months of Dylan's death are what truly catapulted this angry, bitter man's already volatile feelings toward his ex wife Elaine.. It catapulted it into a whole never before reached level of bitter anger, jealousy, and resentment..and IMO most importantly was the dynamic of his having finally been in a position of total loss of his ability to control.. IMO its that specific dynamic from which Mark Redwine had never had to face before.. He always had an avenue of which he could manipulate and control even through and after their divorce.. He was still able to exert that power he felt he had that IMO is the greatest of important to him.. But that all had changed.. It all had been taken away in Elaine's having been able to successfully move her life forward in a positive direction, away from Mark Redwine and in doing so it removed the power from this man to whom it is that exact type power and control over their wife/ex wife is what they live for.. In that power and control being taken from Mark with the culmination of events that were each in essence removing more power/control from Mark as each of these events occurred or came to fruition..

IMO it is all of these issues and the way in which they all unfolded succinctly one after the other after the other in the short period of a few months last summer/fall with especially the one specific incident which served as the catalyst that in rapid succession from there quickly unraveled what was left of this man's control, power, or leverage of which he used to exert that power/control over Elaine..

IMO in those weeks leading directly up to Dylan's murder..the time in which Dylan had totally/completely cut off any/all contact/communication with Mark.. IMO during those weeks its my belief that Mark's mind was racing with how/what he'd do to retaliate toward who he saw as the responsible individual FOR ALL OF HIS PAIN..ALL OF HIS LOSS..How would he make her pay for what she'd done, especially with her having removed almost every avenue available him to use as leverage or manipulate to exert power/control over Elaine..IMO in those weeks I believe it likely that Mark Redwine obsessed on how he would make her pay..and how he would go about regaining the all important to him, upper hand ..

I find it possible in that time that he did think of harming Dylan as the way to inflict the ultimate pain on Elaine.. I believe its likely that in those weeks he thought of many ways in which to inflict pain on Elaine for what she had done to him.. And while I am personally not convinced that he premeditated murdering Dylan with preparations taking place leading up to his carrying out the murder, but rather there were indeed thoughts of his taking Dylan's life as the ultimate punishment toward Elaine..but in the end my very honest opinion is that he's coward in every single way thus leading to his really just riding that pity party train all the way into picking up Dylan at the Durango airport.. I don't believe he made any plans and preparations for killing him, just like IMO he made no plans or preparations for his visitation with Dylan..or preps and plans for anything else, period..

IMO when Dylan reached Durango on that Sunday night he came face to face with a man who was full of bitter, anger, resentment, and IMO even hatred..a man who had for weeks seethed in anger..a man who for weeks had been on this continued pity party for himself and how he'd been wronged by everyone/everything..and all because of Elaine..<<--- IMO it is this man who Dylan came face to face with and IMO it's this exact man who when faced with his teenage son who'd made it clear that he didn't want contact/communication with his dad..well, IMO it didn't take much for everything, and I do mean everything to come bubbling to the surface and then literally exploding into being unleashed on this innocent, defenseless, small framed, young man, his son, Dylan..

All jmo in looking at *IF* Mark Redwine killed his son was it premeditated with plans and preparations..or was it a culmination of years of bitter resentment toward Elaine that peaked and was unleashed on Dylan..did he premeditate Dylan's murder?.. IMO yes, in the sense of his having thought about doing so as the ultimate pain, as well as the ultimate act of power/control wrt Elaine..but IMO as far as there being actions taken to prepare and plan his carrying out the murder..no, I do not believe there were such plans/preps leading up to the murder..IMO I see it quite possible as a way to follow through with this specific ultimate infliction of pain on Elaine without having to cope with and deal with the weeks of guilt, self disgust, and self reflection on what planning the murder of your child would have brought about..IOW the easy way out and in hindsight being able to convince yourself that you didn't plan or intentionally killed your child, but rather it too is because of Elaine and all she put him through that caused him to snap and unintentionally harm and kill their son...IMO that's exactly how I see it!... MOO!

Smooth Operator, I agree with every single word you wrote. Thank you for expressing it better than I ever could. Innocent or guilty I view him to be a jealous, bitter, manipulative, person with huge control issues. He seems to be quite the narcissist and always seem to want to be viewed as the victim in this case.

Wouldn't Mark be in jail by now if the swabs taken from his home indicated a crime had occurred?

Not necessarily. A cadaver dog hit in the master bedroom of Baby Lisa's home, and there was blood found in the basement belonging to baby Ayla Reynolds,
And no arrests so far in either case.

From Twitter:

(Mark Meredith is a reporter with KDVR)

Mark Meredith &#8207;@markpmeredith La Plata County Sheriffs Office says Mark Redwine has met with investigators this week to discuss the death of #dylanredwine @KDVR

Edit: I think the story was already posted here but I wanted to include this twitter in case folks were looking for more reporters to follow in this case. No word on KT's twitter today about where he is and he didn't tweet out his story for once.

From the same article:

So one shoe was found. No mention of shoe laces but no shoes, as Mark said. Glad to hear they are back out looking.

I'm also very glad they are looking for more.

Regarding the reports of a shoe instead of a sock and laces (which is what MR said), I wonder if it is just sloppy reporting, based on a mis-remembrance of what MR said.

I'm also very glad they are looking for more.

Regarding the reports of a shoe instead of a sock and laces (which is what MR said), I wonder if it is just sloppy reporting, based on a mis-remembrance of what MR said.

Hard to say...I was wondering if it meant those two particular items were found today? Maybe we will hear more from a different news source.

Do we know what he bought at Walmart. Did he indeed did buy kid type movies and snacks ?

Yes. Mark told MB in his uncut interview they bought a few groceries to tide them over while they decided what to do for Thanksgiving.
He said he just returned home from Silver City and didn't have much food in the house.

He said Dylan threw two DVD's into the cart and some snacks but we don't know if they were eaten. Mark said Dylan brought the DVD player downstairs and together they watched one of the movies they purchased called "Adventureland" Sunday evening but he couldn't concentrate on the movie and was busy doing things in the kitchen.

LE may have released more information on what was purchased at Walmart but this is all I know.

MOO

Everything purchased has not been released. The two movies referenced, Adventureland and Role Models, are not "kid" movies, they are R rated movies that any standard 13 year old would try to watch if they thought they could get away with it (IMO, just because they are R rated). Mark mentioned Adventureland in his interview and Role Models was referenced in the Search Warrants released by Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chernobyl_Werewolf