Dylan Redwine Case Discussion Thread/Dylan's Remains Found

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dylan Redwine wasn't killed by animals, search on for boy's killer, sheriff's office says

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...eputies-confirm-they-are-looking-for-a-killer

I'll bet someone is looking over their shoulder alot right about now.

"It's extremely difficult," Dylan's father Mark Redwine told 7NEWS by phone. "Based on the conversation I had with law enforcement yesterday, they've only found two percent - or approximately two percent - of his remains. That means there's 98 percent of my son still strewn about the countryside."

Bender said within 72 hours of Dylan's disappearance, investigators were treating the case as a possible criminal investigation.

Middle Mountain is located north of and within sight of Vallecito Lake. The search area ranged from 8,000 to 11,000 feet in altitude and consisted of deep canyons and dense forest.

"I want to talk to them about going to the location so I can be close to my son, but i don't know the specific locations where the remains were found," Mark Redwine said, after explaining that his home faces Middle Mountain.

[ Keep talking Mark. You're doing a great job. :jail:]

Random thought:

This area could still be accessible via ATVs if indeed the road was closed off. Many people have ATVs up here.

IMO - It is not as simple as loads of people having ATV's

You have to add the whole picture

1 Dylan had plans with friends on Monday and he never showed up

2 Dylan ceased all communication with the world Sunday evening

3 Dylan never left a note or anything on Monday to indicate he was going to go off by himself hiking

IMO- Sunday night is the time frame that needs to be looked at

Yes, it's interesting that MR says that his main focus is giving Dylan the proper burial, the respect he deserves. You'd think his main focus would also be getting justice for Dylan, finding out who was responsible for this.

Respect seems to be a reoccuring theme with MR. Cory was disrepectful to him, etc.

I think Mark wants people to believe that Dylan just wandered up to that remote area Monday morning, because he ' just does what he wants to do' ---and then somehow he died and his body was mangled by wild animals. The End.

Elaine screaming ' murderer' at MR out the car window....... fact or fb rumor ? tia

I think Mark wants people to believe that Dylan just wandered up to that remote area Monday morning, because he ' just does what he wants to do' ---and then somehow he died and his body was mangled by wild animals. The End.

Unfortunately for Mark that LE do not believe his theory and it is now a hunt to find Dylan's killer .

Is this area a "majestic" location? A mountain overlooking...a special, grand, scenic place to be buried? Can this location be seen from MRs residence? We know that the residence can be seen from the location.

I wonder if LE has been able to determine a possible grave site from which the animals scavenged? I think it is important to determine if the body was buried or not bc how the body was originally laid to rest can give a lot of clues about the person responsible.

I wonder what the exact square area is of the official crime scene, how far about the remains were scattered.

It is fascinating that the area is within sight, because at one point, Mark talked about Dylan being able to see everything and watch things, IIRC.

"It's extremely difficult," Dylan's father Mark Redwine told 7NEWS by phone. "Based on the conversation I had with law enforcement yesterday, they've only found two percent - or approximately two percent - of his remains. That means there's 98 percent of my son still strewn about the countryside."

Bender said within 72 hours of Dylan's disappearance, investigators were treating the case as a possible criminal investigation.

Middle Mountain is located north of and within sight of Vallecito Lake. The search area ranged from 8,000 to 11,000 feet in altitude and consisted of deep canyons and dense forest.

"I want to talk to them about going to the location so I can be close to my son, but i don't know the specific locations where the remains were found," Mark Redwine said, after explaining that his home faces Middle Mountain.

[ Keep talking Mark. You're doing a great job. :jail:]
From your bold. :facepalm: Give me ten minutes in the area and I could find the location. It's not rocket science.

BBM ok here I go again . Could MR be in absolute utter denial about what's gone on , as in almost delusional ? He hears what LE says but disregards it because he's having a ' psychosis ' of some kind , related to grief? I'm not trying to give him a way out here, but I'm thinking this would explain all of his strange talk. Listening to the video with his audio of ' they can call it a homicide', he was so disconnected from what he was saying, I thought at the time ' does he even realize what he's saying' ? Unlikely yes, possible, yes? Thoughts ?

OT I may have said this before, but some years back I had to have a dear horse put down after a long illness. It was a very VERY hard decision. The next day I felt compelled to call the vet and say " I changed my mind'' . Ok I knew it was irrational and could not be done and that she was already gone and that my vet would think I was nuts, but for a minute I just wanted a ' do over'. So make that grief 1000000 times worse over a child and what do you have ?

I have felt all along that his thought processes are not organized. I listen to his rambling, to his strangely worded comments, etc, and I've come to the conclusion that he couldn't give a simple set of instructions in a step 1, step 2, step 3 manner. This disorganized thinking also makes me believe that he doesn't think about what he's saying today in the context of what he said yesterday. Or in the context of all the other activity happening around him. IMO, he is distant or detached in this manner.

Based on his previous public communications, I don't expect him to suddenly have clear, organized and well-reasoned statements. And even more so after just learning that his son was in fact killed.

Just more random thoughts from my own head today.

Elaine screaming ' murderer' at MR out the car window....... fact or fb rumor ? tia

I am not sure. But if so, I don't judge her for the response. I would do much the same. Who wouldn't?

That would put a nice and tidy bow on it all for him but I think most everyone knows it didn't happen that way. I have a sinking feeling that LE knows he wasn't killed by animals because what they did find showed signs of ... I can't finish that.

It is fascinating that the area is within sight, because at one point, Mark talked about Dylan being able to see everything and watch things, IIRC.

This just gave me a horrible chill.

Great observation. Just the implications of it, I mean. :(

I wonder if Dylan's backpack is somewhere far away in an attempt to be a red herring, as we've seen in other cases (Jessica Ridgeway, Kathlynn Shepard)...

I wish I could put the rolling on the floor smiley here. I just don't seem to be able to at the moment, but you get my meaning.

From your bold. :facepalm: Give me ten minutes in the area and I could find the location. It's not rocket science.

Well, wait, I think MR said yesterday that Dylan went to ' that area' often when he wandered off. I'll go look for the link. I was just talking about it a few pages back because of the 10 mile hike to and from and how often would he really do that?
Either MR knows where it is OR MR does not know where it is !

ETA Single post by PENSFAN< ty pensfan !

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9610912&postcount=387"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Dylan Redwine Case Discussion Thread/Dylan's Remains Found[/ame]

''According to Mark Redwine, it wasn't uncommon for Dylan to venture into the woods where his body was found.''''

I suppose it could mean it's not uncommon for Dylan to go into the woods OR into the woods where his body was found. You be the judge

Quoting myself for reference:
warning graphic: / scroll past if you need to

The fact that they can rule out death by animals so soon is amazing to me. Surely they are not basing this on the fact that they think Dylan would not have ventured off into this area on his own bc while this is likely, it is not a smoking gun and enough to make this "forensic" determination imo. There must be some sort of scientific basis for this declaration. At least I would hope so! Without an official COD and only partial remains, there must be something for them to be able to make this determination. This is awful to write, but could they be making this assumption based on a theory of dismemberment, and physical evidence on the bones which support this? Sorry for the graphic nature of this post. Sorry Dylan sweetheart :(.

Warning graphic / Scroll Past if you need to

Omg. I just thought of something. Maybe they are able to rule out animals and make that determination due to a forensic similarity to Tim Bosma's case (burnt?) They have to have some scientific basis for ruling out the animals. Mountain Lions are serious business out here, and everyone knows that.

I don't feel comfortable speculating on this subject anymore. Hopefully LE releases more info relating to this bc I find it to be an important aspect.

Sorry Dylan.

And how often, exactly, would a 12-13 yr old boy venture by himself, into that remote area, which was full of cougars, mt. lions and bear? Even the searchers were armed for their own protection.

Yet Mark tells us that his young son would OFTEN venture into that dangerous area, all by himself, unarmed, with no emergency supplies, and not leave a note saying where he was going?

Well, wait, I think MR said yesterday that Dylan went to ' that area' often when he wandered off. I'll go look for the link. I was just talking about it a few pages back because of the 10 mile hike to and from and how often would he really do that?
Either MR knows where it is OR MR does not know where it is !

ETA Single post by PENSFAN< ty pensfan !

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Dylan Redwine Case Discussion Thread/Dylan's Remains Found

''According to Mark Redwine, it wasn't uncommon for Dylan to venture into the woods where his body was found.''''

I suppose it could mean it's not uncommon for Dylan to go into the woods OR into the woods where his body was found. You be the judge
My verdict: He knows where it is. Again, it isn't rocket science. You only have to listen to what LE says to know where to look. (it also helps when Mark says where the area is, too)

Mark's friend Theresa stated it on Tricia's show last night.

Yep Teresa said Mark told her this yesterday . It is Mark's word from what i can gather so there is no proof to say this is true as no other witnesses apart from Mark from what i can gather IMO. Even Tricia seems shocked by this news but i guess if true grief does terrible things to a person!

:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member