Dylan Redwine Case Discussion Thread/Dylan's Remains Found

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sending love and light to Dylan's family, friends, and all who loved him, including the WSers who never met him yet felt the loss from his disappearance so deeply.

:( :( :( :( I don't even know what to say. This boy has been on my mind and in my heart since day one.

I am heartbroken. Literally in tears.
May you Rest In Peace Dyl. I will never forget you! :rose:

Did a hiker or off roader find him? Or was it a LE search?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As much as I felt Dylan was not alive for many months now, it is still very shocking to know for sure. Also very shocking that he was found at all. I really had doubts. But how on earth LE happened to search there is mystifying to me.

I was just coming to ask if anyone knew what led LE to search that area and if was a planned search or if it was quickly organized (perhaps after a hiker stumbled upon remains). I'm shocked that the fact that remains were found was not leaked to the media prior to the identification. That makes me wonder if LE wasn't operating off of some credible info and carefully chose the searchers involved. Has anything else big happened in that area lately that could have led someone to bargain with information?

Dylan Redwine remains found near Vallecito, sheriff says

Dylan Redwine's father said he was "blindsided" Thursday by the news that his son's remains were found about 10 miles from his home north of Vallecito Lake.

"I cannot wrap my head around it. You can never be prepared for something like this," Mark Redwine said after the LaPlata County Sheriff's Office announced that remains found during a search this week were positively identified as Dylan Redwine's.

Redwine, 13, disappeared while spending a court-ordered Thanksgiving week visit with his father last year.

Mark Redwine, who fought a long, contentious divorce and custody battle with Dylan's mother, Elaine Redwine, said his focus now is on trying to contact her to make arrangements for the burial of their child.

http://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_23553442

Heartbreaking. Prayers for the family and all who loved him. Prayers for the investigators that they will find the truth and prayers for justice. R.I.P. Dylan.

Dylan Redwine remains found near Vallecito, sheriff says

Dylan Redwine's father said he was "blindsided" Thursday by the news that his son's remains were found about 10 miles from his home north of Vallecito Lake.

"I cannot wrap my head around it. You can never be prepared for something like this," Mark Redwine said after the LaPlata County Sheriff's Office announced that remains found during a search this week were positively identified as Dylan Redwine's.

Redwine, 13, disappeared while spending a court-ordered Thanksgiving week visit with his father last year.

Mark Redwine, who fought a long, contentious divorce and custody battle with Dylan's mother, Elaine Redwine, said his focus now is on trying to contact her to make arrangements for the burial of their child.

http://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_23553442

I really hope Mark and Elaine can put aside their thoughts and differences to give Dylan the send off he deserves.
If they want to go back to pointing fingers after then so be it, but at least for a few hours Dylan's life should be the focus.

My thoughts and prayers are with Dylan's family and many friends. I am sorry for your pain.

FindDylan and AZG...sending you cyber hugs!

:praying:

I really hope Mark and Elaine can put aside their thoughts and differences to give Dylan the send off he deserves.
If they want to go back to pointing fingers after then so be it, but at least for a few hours Dylan's life should be the focus.

It will be interesting to see how it is handled . If Elaine and her family still believe Mark is responsible then I can't see them wanting Mark there as would anybody else in that situation ?? :cow:

This would be a struggle at the best of times but I honestly have no idea how they will deal here

IMO

I was just coming to ask if anyone knew what led LE to search that area and if was a planned search or if it was quickly organized (perhaps after a hiker stumbled upon remains). I'm shocked that the fact that remains were found was not leaked to the media prior to the identification. That makes me wonder if LE wasn't operating off of some credible info and carefully chose the searchers involved. Has anything else big happened in that area lately that could have led someone to bargain with information?

LE seems to have planned and organized this search very carefully, IMO, involving various LE agencies and not requiring public assistance. I can't help but think they worked off some specific information; the area is just too vast to be "lucky" enough to locate him.

i am just reading this

http://gazette.com/breaking-remains...e-identified-as-dylan-redwine/article/1502865

Denise Hess has spoken a few words

And this

The remains were found about nine to 10 miles driving distance from Dylan's father's home, she said.

"But if you were going to go as the crow flies, you can look off that particular portion of the mountain down towards the valley where his father lives," she said.

So the remains were found ten miles by car from his dad's house.

I am not familiar with this area. Or hiking in the mountains or this sort of terrain (I basically live in a swamp).

Does anyone know if this area could be easily access going straight "as the crow flies" from Mark's somehow other than a roadway which would taken ten miles. Is there some way Dylan could have walked from his dad's to where the remains were found that would have been shorter than ten miles and wouldn't have required walking alongside a main road where he'd be noticed? Or would the terrain make that near impossible?

http://www.9news.com/news/article/342416/339/Dylan-Redwines-remains-found

Beginning @ about 2:55 on Video:

Question: A lot of folks are going to wonder 'cause I asked you earlier [not during this interview/conference] about whether or not...any belief that the parents played a role in this and you said you folks don't believe so, but I'm curious to know because...is there need for concern that somebody is out there who could possibly do this again?

Sheriff Bender: We have said early on that we had not found any indication that this was something that the public needed to be concerned about other than the normal day to day vigilance...

It will be interesting to see how it is handled . If Elaine and her family still believe Mark is responsible then I can't see them wanting Mark there as would anybody else in that situation ?? :cow:

This would be a struggle at the best of times but I honestly have no idea how they will deal here

IMO

Oh of course, I agree! I wouldn't like to have someone I suspected at a funeral. However as it stands Mark is considered innocent and so should be treated that way IMO.

I've seen a couple of cases now where someone has been turned away from a funeral and I'm just praying it doesn't happen here. It's about Dylan and given what we know about him, he wouldn't want people fighting :(

Thanks to everyone for the info and links.

Not the outcome I wanted, and I am so sad for both families.

Another, gone too soon.

R.I.P. Dylan

So the remains were found ten miles by car from his dad's house.

I am not familiar with this area. Or hiking in the mountains or this sort of terrain (I basically live in a swamp).

Does anyone know if this area could be easily access going straight "as the crow flies" from Mark's somehow other than a roadway which would taken ten miles. Is there some way Dylan could have walked from his dad's to where the remains were found that would have been shorter than ten miles and wouldn't have required walking alongside a main road where he'd be noticed? Or would the terrain make that near impossible?

It is quite possible he could have hiked as the crow flies to get to this point without being seen. The area is full of alot of steep mountain grades that go up and down but one could find wildlife trails to follow to make your journey easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman