Dylan Redwine Case Discussion Thread/Dylan's Remains Found

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did not want to write this in the last post I wrote--still having a hard time with this case because still sitting on the fence--cant fathom the idea that so many "think"--and working with victims of crimes before (homicides, DV, SA, etc) many if not all act so differently---to me there is no one way on grief, or victim reaction--will say the behavior of some certainly is not the norm but not totally sure how I'd react either.

That being said was wondering if anyone thinks or considers that maybe a hit man aka hit man for hire, or something of that sort was done and maybe MR really didnt know the specifics--jsut throwing that idea out there.

At the beginning of the case pondered the idea of Dylan running away and or hurting himself--no one expect that, or would ever really admit that of their children.

ALL IMO of course
RIP sweet Dylan

I understand, but I doubt many folks would be able to sleep at night knowing their son was still out there either. Burying a few bones would not cut it with me, or give me the closure I would need. When I weigh the options of looking or doing nothing, I would much rather be out there looking for my son and bringing him home - no matter his condition. JMO.
I would venture that you would have been out there searching your feet off from the beginning. I would have, too.

it's just so very sad that all these months Dylan was that close...so sad that search dogs weren't taken around that road right after he disappeared. I know Colorado is a big place with lots of wilderness areas & they really had no clue where to search (other than the direction they were pointed toward by MR - which was the lake) but jeez...he was sooo close to MR's home.

Did not want to write this in the last post I wrote--still having a hard time with this case because still sitting on the fence--cant fathom the idea that so many "think"--and working with victims of crimes before (homicides, DV, SA, etc) many if not all act so differently---to me there is no one way on grief, or victim reaction--will say the behavior of some certainly is not the norm but not totally sure how I'd react either.

That being said was wondering if anyone thinks or considers that maybe a hit man aka hit man for hire, or something of that sort was done and maybe MR really didnt know the specifics--jsut throwing that idea out there.

At the beginning of the case pondered the idea of Dylan running away and or hurting himself--no one expect that, or would ever really admit that of their children.

ALL IMO of course
RIP sweet Dylan

IMO Mark is too obsessed with having control to have ever hired someone else to do his dirty work.

Could someone briefly summarize for a newbie what MR's motive is assumed to be? Hurting the mother?

I would venture that you would have been out there searching your feet off from the beginning. I would have, too.

No doubt, but I can also see being overwhelmed if I hadn't a clue where to start looking. Now that I know, I would out there until someone dragged me away.

I understand, but I doubt many folks would be able to sleep at night knowing their son was still out there either. Burying a few bones would not cut it with me, or give me the closure I would need. When I weigh the options of looking or doing nothing, I would much rather be out there looking for my son and bringing him home - no matter his condition. JMO.

Linnea Lomax's mother was part of the search party that found her daughter's body months after she went missing in Sacremento last summer.

No doubt, but I can also see being overwhelmed if I hadn't a clue where to start looking. Now that I know, I would out there until someone dragged me away.
Gotcha. I would never be in that situation (too overwhelmed to know where to start searching) because it is not in my personality makeup. My personality makeup is "Start in any random place on the map. Then keep moving covering a specific grid until you drop. Repeat the next day. Until." But I believe you if you say that being too overwhelmed could happen to you. You know you better than anyone.

ETA: Thanks for the different perspective.

Could someone briefly summarize for a newbie what MR's motive is assumed to be? Hurting the mother?

I can only speak for me but yes, I believe he wanted to hurt Elaine. He lost all ability to control her (by dragging her to court as it suited him) when she was allowed to take Dylan and move away and IMO control is very important to him. Mark has no history of forming meaningful relationships or bonds with his children and sadly I think Dylan was nothing more than a pawn that had lost its value. I believe that he hated Elaine and her newfound happiness far more than he was capable of loving Dylan.

I can only speak for me but yes, I believe he wanted to hurt Elaine. He lost all ability to control her (by dragging her to court as it suited him) when she was allowed to take Dylan and move away and IMO control is very important to him. Mark has no history of forming meaningful relationships or bonds with his children and sadly I think Dylan was nothing more than a pawn that had lost its value. I believe that he hated Elaine and her newfound happiness far more than he was capable of loving Dylan.

I think he probably harbored some ill will toward Dylan directly too due to whatever Dylan told the Judge in the closed door custody hearings that enabled ER to gain full custody.

Yup - and if it was so common (according to MR) for Dylan to go wandering in the woods where his remains were found, why did MR think it was "stupid" to search that area?

I so totally agree with your reasoning. Why did he think it was stupid to search this area? I don't believe that it was "common" for Dylan to go wandering in the woods where his remains were found. I'm wondering just how long it will take for an arrest to be made.
:banghead:

IMO there doesn't need to be a premeditated motive, just something that flew out of control.

My crazy ex husband broke into my house and murdered my beloved cat in 2005. He left his blood all over the sliding glass door, fur and bullet holes all over the back yard.

His explaination?

He wanted me to feel what it was like to lose what I loved.

Different than one of my children, but the same general idea.

IMO there doesn't need to be a premeditated motive, just something that flew out of control.

And with the control issue that I keep reading about, I wonder if that's what it was all about: Dylan wanted to go to his friends', his father didn't want him to go; or Dylan wanted to go to his friends' house NOW, and dad wanted him to go with him to run errands...starting out with something so seemingly simple as that that got out of control...Dylan standing his ground, the father losing his temper...

I too had an ex who threatened to make sure that I would never have the children if I ever left him. He took the children to hurt me because he knew that that would hurt me more than anything could. IMO, he wanted to hurt Dylan's mother and get her back for everything he thought that she had done to him, therefore, he did the thing that could hurt her more than anything in the world.

From seeing MR on Dr. Phil, I do believe he would stop at nothing to hurt Elaine, or "put her in her place". That being said, I am willing to believe it was not planned, if he killed Dylan, but rather a violent reaction to something Dylan may have said or done, that in his mind, was "disrespectful" as he seems, IMO, to have an issue about being "disrespected".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3