Dylan Redwine's father’s trial in death of son, rescheduled to 18 September 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Date Len Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
10/22/20
9:00 AM 1Hr REDWINE, MARK Status Conference D342017CR343 La Plata County Division 1

10/28/20
8:00 AM 1D REDWINE, MARK Jury Trial D342017CR343 La Plata County Division 1
thru

12/9/20
8:00 AM 1D REDWINE, MARK Jury Trial D342017CR343 La Plata County Division 1

link: Seventh Judicial District » Docket Search

Thursday, October 22nd:
*Status Conference Hearing (@ 9am MT) - CO - Dylan Nicholas Redwine (13) (Nov. 19, 2012, Broomfield; found June 27, 2013 & Nov. 1, 2015 his skull) - *Mark Allen Redwine (55/now 58), "father" indicted (6-20-17) of 2nd degree murder & child abuse resulting in death. Plead not guilty. $750K bond.
Jury Trial set to begin on 10/28/20 with jury selection (trial thru 12/9/20 per court site) will be a 12-person jury with 3 alternates.
Previous court hearings from 9/10/17 thru 9/23/20 reference post #244 here:
Dylan Redwine's father’s trial in death of son rescheduled to 18 Sept 2019

10/2/20 Update: Redwine’s defense attorneys filed a motion to delay the trial until “after the COVID-19 pandemic has been resolved,” arguing the pandemic presents “unreasonable” public health risks that would prevent a fair trial. Sixth Judicial District Judge Jeffery Wilson, however, ruled Friday (10/2/20) the regulations in place do not violate any constitutional rights, determining Redwine will still stand trial Oct. 29, with jury selection starting on 10/28. Status conference hearing on 10/16/20 @ 10am.
10/16/20 Update: No info on what happened at hearing. Next status conference hearing on 10/22/20.

The Durango Herald will have a still photographer there, but trial will be streamed by the courts WebEx system. One more gathering to discuss last minute details scheduled for Oct 27th at 3pm.
The trial is good to go. I have a webexlink but will post it closer to the day of the trial. I will do my best to post tweets!

Attachments

• C-56.pdf
    5.5 KB · Views: 10
The Durango Herald will have a still photographer there, but trial will be streamed by the courts WebEx system. One more gathering to discuss last minute details scheduled for Oct 27th at 3pm.
The trial is good to go. I have a webexlink but will post it closer to the day of the trial. I will do my best to post tweets!

Thank you @Emi!

This is very welcome news for the public during the pandemic! I'm definitely writing a letter of thanks to Judge Wilson. He did not have to make this concession.

Court WebEx is close circuit which is controlled only by the court and allowed re-broadcast by permission of the court.

Also need to check if Court TV scheduled to have a presence in town. :)

Courtroom Decorum Order published (C-55).

1) Case being tried in Division 4 -- largest courtroom in La Plata County Court House. Only 33 persons will be allowed inside the courtroom. (Capacity 130 persons).

2) By separate order, a room typically used by the DA for witnesses is being converted to "media room." Durango Herald still camera will be allowed to take photographs from this room. Court denied all requests for EMC (audio, video, streaming, camera, etc., by media. Court will arrange for the entire trial to be recorded after jury selection using the Court's WebEx system.

The Court will allow the WebEx audio/video recording to be captured, re-streamed or broadcast live or at a later date to allow the public to observe the trial.

3) During the public portions of voir dire, there will be 7 seats available to the public.

4) During the time the Court is streaming the trial on the Courts WebEx system, the courtroom shall be closed to the public, and only personnel previously authorized by the court shall be allowed inside the courtroom and gallery.

Should technical issues prevent the trial from being streamed via WebEx, the court will require individuals associated with both sides to vacate the courtroom and open up the remaining seats to the public until the trial is again able to be streamed.

5) With the exception of the Court and La Plata Sheriff office personnel, no
persons shall enter the courtroom with any electronic device
including phone, tablet, computer, tape recorder, or other transmitting devices.

6) No interviews shall be conducted inside the courthouse.

7) Media and members of the public may capture images of persons coming/leaving the courthouse except for jurors or summoned witnesses.

[..]

10) No person shall wear or bring anything to the courthouse to display support for either the prosecution or defense. (No signs, photos, buttons, t-shirts, etc.).

https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...h_Judicial_District/La_Plata/Redwine/C-55.pdf

Thank you @Emi!

This is very welcome news for the public during the pandemic! I'm definitely writing a letter of thanks to Judge Wilson. He did not have to make this concession.

Court WebEx is close circuit which is controlled only by the court and allowed re-broadcast by permission of the court.

Also need to check if Court TV scheduled to have a presence in town. :)
Court TV is denied access to the courtroom

Court TV is denied access to the courtroom

That is correct. The public is denied access as long as the WebEx System is functioning.

My question was if they would be in town (capturing the stream in temp studio for re-broadcast pursuant to the court decorum order). CourtTV is well versed in Colorado law that does not allow media cameras in the courtroom except for advisements and arraignments.

Court TV can be good talking heads - I hope they are in town for the trial and provide commentary. MOO

In my recent experience, if the Judge provides for use of the WebEx System in his courtroom, the public typically has audio access by dialing to the virtual courtroom and entering the meeting ID # assigned to the courtroom followed by #.

However, I've learned that the video option especially is not a foolproof system and I think this access may be limited to media only whereas anybody with a phone should probably be able to listen to the proceedings.

I shall contact the Court Clerk and inquire if the public will also have access to both the audio and video by downloading the WebEx app and update this post prior to trial.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...ct/Virtual Courtroom (Webex) Instructions.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cases