Dylan Redwine's father arrested in connection to son's death 22 July 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His skull wasn't found until 2015, but that still seems like a long time to wait. MOO

Agree! If this guy is willing to allegedly murder his *own son*, then what else is he capable of...or has done?!
Hopefully they have had him under surveillance, but that would be a very long surveillance period. Doesn't make sense to me either. MHOO.

Dylan Redwine case: What to know as teen's father Mark Redwine faces murder charges
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ath-as-his-father-mark-answers-murder-charges

"The Redwine case moving forward

When Mark Redwine appears in court at 4 p.m. M.T., it will be his first court appearance in Whatcom County Superior Court.*

Eventually, courts and police will work together to approve extradition, which is frequently handled by U.S. Marshals when moving detained suspects across state lines.

Redwine will not be formally charged with second-degree murder until he is back in La Plata County."

I'm at work so can't watch. Let me know if orange is his color.

I'm sitting on 9News Denver FB page, hoping for a live broadcast.

Agree! If this guy is willing to allegedly murder his *own son*, then what else is he capable of...or has done?!
Hopefully they have had him under surveillance, but that would be a very long surveillance period. Doesn't make sense to me either. MHOO.

I'm curious how they knew where to arrest him. Someone may have been being watching him, recently at least.

To play the devils advocate for the sake of trial...
Who's to say that an intruder don't come in during the night and harm then kidnap Dylan. I'm worried that the defense can work around this. He was a cute blond/blue eyes boy that traffickers would have loved. In the process of the kidnapping something went wrong and that caused blood drops and his death. The washing machine and/or truck may be mistakes.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

An intruder would have left him where he lay. He wouldn't have had to move there body from the cabin.

If that had happened, MR would haver found the body when he returned home that morning. And even if the body had been taken, there would have been evidence of a struggle and a break in.

That's the other problem. Dylan was only alone for a few hours while MR went into town to drop off his work receipts. So that random intruder would have to grab Dylan that morning. Small window of time.

He could not have broken in during the night, as you say, because MR was there all night.

There have been people who suggested Dylan may have been kidnapped that morning, as he walked or hitched into town. And I do think that prevented the arrest of MR for awhile.

If anyone gets a live feed link, please share.

It's been so long but I believe there were something like 5 (?) RSOs living in the area who have all been questioned and cleared.

Also, if I remember correctly, there was a story about an unrecognized vehicle that stopped for gas and the guy was asking weird questions...or something along these lines. Again, this story was proven to be false.

There are a soooo many threads to read through, multiple interviews to watch, Facebook postings from people in the know, plus the Dr.Phil episodes where you can find the many lies, manipulations and inconsistent statements from Mark Redwine.

Every single angle has been questioned repeatedly. You really need to look for yourself to see that there is only one answer.
I absolutely believe he's guilty. I first came to websleuths over this case and to be honest, I thought he was innocent....until he opened his mouth.
I just have this innate fear that he'll get off Scott free like the Moorer's (so far) in the Heather Elvis case. He's a disgusting man and deserves so much more umm....torture....everyday.
Thanks to you and Brighty for refreshing my memory on a few other points.

I'm curious how they knew where to arrest him. Someone may have been being watching him, recently at least.

Maybe his employer told LW where he was and told MR to hang tight where he was. My cousin drives truck and often times will be told to wait in whatever town he is in for info on how to proceed to time a pick up or delivery just right. So maybe something like that?

'Upon arrest he acted somewhat surprised but was compliant. He was immediately mirandized but made no comment.'

" He is awaiting extradition"

His statements are not hearsay because they're party
admissions. As long as his brother testified.

Its interesting. The FBI profiler stated they didn't have enough evidence to take it trial yet but now they do and I don't see anything new, that they didn't know in 2013. Confusing!!

Ok that is good to know.

Colorado officials will discuss Mark Redwine's arrest in death of 13-year-old son

The La Plata County Sheriff and 6th Judicial District Attorney are expected to speak Tuesday about Mark Redwine's involvement in the 2012 death of his 13-year-old son, Dylan.

The press conference follows Redwine's announced indictment and arrest over the weekend on charges of second-degree murder and child abuse resulting in death. It will be held at 2:30 p.m. in the Board Room of the La Plata County Administration Building, 1101 E. 2nd Ave., Durango, and streamed live on the sheriff's and district attorney's Facebook pages.

La Plata County Sheriff's Office
https://www.facebook.com/laplatacountysheriff/

Colorado 6th Judicial District Attorney's Office
https://www.facebook.com/6thJudicialDistrictDA/

(8:30pm UK time)

Eeew. Did I just hear on WS radio that DR found photos of MR dressed in diapers eating his own poop? And the judge thought that this sick person was good for visitation? No one would want their child in the company of such a person.

The intruder theory doesn't hold water as Mark's story did change a few times but he did say he tried to wake up Dylan and Dylan wasn't having any part of it so he left him asleep. Also Dylan had left out a cereal bowl and the tv on so according to Mark he was alive and well when he left for errands.

Also that house is tiny there is no way somebody snuck in and killed Dylan without waking up Mark.

Also did the killer wash his clothes after he killed Dylan , wasn't the person worried that somebody may come back mid-wash ?

His skull wasn't found until 2015, but that still seems like a long time to wait. MOO

Okay. I see that makes sense up to 2015. After that, what new evidence was there.

To play the devils advocate for the sake of trial...
Who's to say that an intruder don't come in during the night and harm then kidnap Dylan. I'm worried that the defense can work around this. He was a cute blond/blue eyes boy that traffickers would have loved. In the process of the kidnapping something went wrong and that caused blood drops and his death. The washing machine and/or truck may be mistakes.

Who is to say? Well, the DA, the investigators and FBI profiler, Elaine Hall, Cory Hall, common sense and logic and the words and behaviors of this creep.

First of all, sex trafficking of young teen boys who aren't already on the street hustling, is rare. Sex trafficking in which a trafficker breaks into a house in a remote are to steal a teen they've been stalking, is unheard of.

Here are the facts:

1. Child had bad relationship with his father and was insistent on not going to see him.
2. The father violated court's orders in two separate child custody cases - the one involving Dylan and his brother and the one involving kids from a previous relationship - by withholding his children.
3. Both Dylan's mom and his other ex wife indicate he is a controlling, abusive, vengeful and punitive man who will hurt others out of rage or vengeance.
4. Dylan was a non-stop texter and typically texted up to the moment he went to bad and at the moment he woke up. but Dylan abruptly stopped texting @ 9:30 p.m. the night before he went missing.
5. MR claimed Dylan fell asleep at that time. but his mom indicated he usually went to bed between 11:00 and 12:00. 9:30 would've been uncharacteristically early for him.
6. Dylan had plans with his friend early the next morning. Yet he failed to text him upon waking that morning as he typically would've done.
7. MR claimed he saw an alive Dylan that morning at @ 7:30 a.m.
8. MR claimed that when he came home he found the TV on tuned to a Nickolodean channel. But Elaine states Dylan watched MTV, not the babyish Nickolodean.
9. The disappearance occurred during the first visit MR had with Dylan after the court issued an order granting Elaine "full" custody and visits only to MR. Dylan spoke privately to the judge before the judge rendered his decision.
10. MR bought a one way ticket for Dylan, instead of round trip, even though this was only a visit.
11. MR did not report seeing any blood or signs of a struggle when he returned him the day Dylan disappeared and couldn't find him.
12. MR claimed Dylan took a fishing pole and had gone fishing, but Elaine claims he wasn't into fishing.
13. Dylan was found one mile from MR's home, in a location accessible by him and which he likely knew well from ATV trips.
14. MR failed a poly graph test.
15. MR refused to take a second one to clear himself.
16. MR is a disturbed person who likes to eat feces while wearing women's clothes and to wear diapers.
17. MR failed to ever search for his child.
18. MR gave multiple excuses for his son's disappearance including that: a) He drowned, b) He was picked up by a predator, c) Elaine kidnapped him, etc.
19. MR talked about his son in the past tense after he had been missing only three days.
20. MR was passive with the police efforts to locate his son.
21. Cadaver scent was alerted to by dogs in his truck and on MR's clothes.
22. A fire poker was missing form MR's home after Dylan went missing.
23. Blood evidence was found all over the home. Clearly it wasn't obvious enough, however, that the police immediately noticed it or that MR called the police saying blood was found and his kid was missing. MR noted that Dylan had never bled in the house. This indicates a clean-up.
24. Dylan's skull had been moved. It had markings indicating blunt force trauma.

I'm always surprised by the efforts of some to look anywhere or find any remote cause for Dylan's murder, other than the obvious one. The evidence as finally released, combined with what we've known is massive and it points in only one direction.

Eeew. Did I just hear on WS radio that DR found photos of MR dressed in diapers eating his own poop? And the judge thought that this sick person was good for visitation? No one would want their child in the company of such a person.

I think she got full custody after that at least. But one would think that his visits should be supervised if the judge knew about that stuff. Insane.

He was in court today. Charged with murder in the 2nd and child abuse resulting in death. Video of hearing is up on FOX31 Denver's Facebook page. They live streamed it and now the video is available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Has he not appeared yet? Or did I miss it? :( Tia

Has he not appeared yet? Or did I miss it? :( Tia

He appeared just a few moments ago. His portion of the hearing runs about 10 minutes long and is right where the video on FOX31 Denver's Facebook page starts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member