Dylan Redwine's father arrested in connection to son's death 22 July 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A firepoker was missing from Mark's home.
Blood evidence was found in Mark's home.
Cadaver dogs hit in Mark's home.
Dylan's skull had trauma to it.
GPS data linked Mark to the body dump site.
Very contentious divorce and visitation situation.

So why is Mark charged with 2nd degree murder and not 1st?

They may not have proof of premeditation, is my guess. I don't live in CO or know CO law, but most states require premeditation for 1st degree murder. Personally I think if ya beat your son to death and throw him in the mountains, that isn't 2nd degree anything. But the law is the law.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OMG! A knife? He cut up his SON's head twice with a knife and beat him with something. A knife.....really disturbing!
Small markings? Does that mean he carved something into Dylan's skull?

He threw Dylan's remains out on the mountain and then later went back and tampered with Dylan's head. Omg...What an incredibly wicked !
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 11.17.14 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 11.17.14 PM.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 389
  • Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 11.18.26 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 11.18.26 PM.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 389
BBM - Interesting...

July 24, 2017
Dylan Redwine’s mother: ‘It was such a senseless crime’

<snipped>

In an interview Saturday, La Plata County Sheriff Sean Smith said it was a “cumulative” effort that led to Redwine’s arrest, including recent developments, which he declined to expound upon.

https://durangoherald.com/articles/174574

&#8220;The skull had two small markings consistent with tool marks from a knife&#8230;.&#8221;

That is so twisted. What does it mean? It sounds like that evil $%#^@ carved something into Dylan&#8217;s head. Did he carve his initials into Dylan's skull? Did he carve a cross into his skull?

May God comfort Elaine and her husband, Dylan's brother, and Dylan's friends.

&#8220;The skull had two small markings consistent with tool marks from a knife&#8230;.&#8221;

That is so twisted. What does it mean? It sounds like that sick $%#^@ carved something into Dylan&#8217;s head. Did he carve his initials into Dylan's skull? Did he carve a cross into his skull?

May God comfort Elaine and her husband, Dylan's brother, and Dylan's friends.

The knife marks were considered to be not long after his death, so it is my theory that he tried to dismember his head from his body then, but could not do it, with the knife he was using, so he waited until the body was skeletonised and then removed the skull and dumped it somewhere else.

I can't believe that I just typed that when you consider that this was his own child.

I think some states are more liberal than others and I do not mean this in a bad way or to be political. But if this happened in Texas he would be on death row on his second appeal. MOOOOO

You are well blessed to live in the area of such beauty and grandeur. I adore Durango. And Telluride. And Boulder. Well, just love Colorado and have most all of my life.

No doubt in my mind that MR had this event planned well in advance down to what he would say once he picked up DR from the airport and when he would report DR as missing. He is a sociopath who lashed out with vengeance but, thankfully, he didn't get away with it.

MR had his mind set on how it would go down and he spent just enough money to get it done. I think he bought Dylan's McDs meal and a movie at WalMart plus the 1-way air fare. I didn't realize it was a one way ticket until someone earlier posted it. That is a huge flashing red flag that the child was never going home again.

He wanted half of Elaine's shoes when they divorced. Whiskey. Tango.
I agree, DeDee. Based on what we know so far, the only reasons I can come up with for the 2nd degree murder indictment with child abuse are that a) historically, prosecutors often lose cases because they overcharge, and conscientious jurors don't want to make a mistake, and b) the prosecutorial theory is that Dylan confronted MR with photos, etc., a fight ensued, and murder in the heat of passion was the result. Even though 1st degree murder is very likely the reality, many jurors have trouble with the premeditation issue and would rather err on the side of caution. So 2nd degree is a way to get the guy convicted, period. But the fact that it took so long? Unconscionable.

The sheriff has said that he expects a protracted legal process, and that appears to be happening already - MR initially waived extradition, but now it is "not clear" that he was advised of his rights in that regard, so he won't be extradited until a further hearing takes place in August. But bail is still set at a million dollars in cash, so at least he'll be behind bars somewhere.

Indeed, Colorado is very beautiful and that is in such stark contrast to what this child suffered. It makes me, and everyone I know, sick. I would be astonished if there isn't a change of venue in this case.

I think some states are more liberal than others and I do not mean this in a bad way or to be political. But if this happened in Texas he would be on death row on his second appeal. MOOOOO

I do think the people of La Plata county would find him guilty of murder one though just based on the history but if I were the DA I wouldn't t risk it for fear of change of venue. Even if he only gets the 48 years that's pretty much life for him because he's never going to live past 10-20.

I think he's relaxed because he is grandiose and narcissistic, and is relishing the idea of watching Elaine suffer in court. I think he's enjoying this. If they can convict him without Elaine being there she should opt out. Rob him of his twisted pleasure.

No way would Elaine miss it. This is her and Dylan's day in court. She's there to bear witness and stand in for her son.

Omg. I thought this was just an ugly rumor, but here it is on a real news link.

"I have seen the photos," said Cory Redwine. "It shows him wearing women's clothes and makeup and a diaper and then eating his feces from the diaper. It was disgusting. We couldn't believe it.&#8221;
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...lped-in-arrest-of-dylan-redwine-father?page=2

Quite a peach, huh? It's very disturbing.

See below.

They may not have proof of premeditation, is my guess. I don't live in CO or know CO law, but most states require premeditation for 1st degree murder. Personally I think if ya beat your son to death and throw him in the mountains, that isn't 2nd degree anything. But the law is the law.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rage killings are pretty much exactly second degree murder without a cooling off period. I mean the one way ticket indicates he planned it (and I think he intended to kill him) but other than that, if he just became suddenly enraged and attacked his son that's second degree:

Voluntary Manslaughter
Colorado also keeps what other states call voluntary manslaughter or &#8220;heat of passion&#8221; murder law within the second-degree murder statute. A sudden passion murder is one a person is provoked by something that causes them (and would cause an ordinary person) to be angry and act irrationally by killing someone.
An example of this is if a person walks in on his or her spouse sleeping with another person. The person could be so shocked he or she grabs the gun in the nightstand and shoots them both. This could be voluntary manslaughter. If, on the other hand, the person walks in sees this, then immediately runs away and comes back two days later to kill his or her spouse, there was time to cool down and it&#8217;s murder again.
http://statelaws.findlaw.com/colorado-law/colorado-second-degree-murder.html

I think there is some indication this may have been premeditated but not enough to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.
If Dylan had been one year younger, it would've been first degree:
http://codes.findlaw.com/co/title-18-criminal-code/co-rev-st-sect-18-3-102.html

No way would Elaine miss it. This is her and Dylan's day in court. She's there to bear witness and stand in for her son.

Quite a peach, huh? It's very disturbing.

See below.

Rage killings are pretty much exactly second degree murder without a cooling off period. I mean the one way ticket indicates he planned it (and I think he intended to kill him) but other than that, if he just became suddenly enraged and attacked his son that's second degree:

Voluntary Manslaughter
Colorado also keeps what other states call voluntary manslaughter or &#8220;heat of passion&#8221; murder law within the second-degree murder statute. A sudden passion murder is one a person is provoked by something that causes them (and would cause an ordinary person) to be angry and act irrationally by killing someone.
An example of this is if a person walks in on his or her spouse sleeping with another person. The person could be so shocked he or she grabs the gun in the nightstand and shoots them both. This could be voluntary manslaughter. If, on the other hand, the person walks in sees this, then immediately runs away and comes back two days later to kill his or her spouse, there was time to cool down and it&#8217;s murder again.
http://statelaws.findlaw.com/colorado-law/colorado-second-degree-murder.html
I think there is some indication this may have been premeditated but not enough to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.
If Dylan had been one year younger, it would've been first degree:
http://codes.findlaw.com/co/title-18-criminal-code/co-rev-st-sect-18-3-102.html

I get that when there are two adults in the equation, but there is such an imbalance of power and strength in the adult killing the child scenario. And in the adult scenario, they were not forced to be there, but Dylan was forced to be there.

I get that when there are two adults in the equation, but there is such an imbalance of power and strength in the adult killing the child scenario. And in the adult scenario, they were not forced to be there, but Dylan was forced to be there.

Yeah. I see your point. But I guess there has to be a line and they picked 13.

Which is it? I've seen waived and now this. Anyone know a clarification?
[video=twitter;889634008308604928]https://twitter.com/TonyKovaleski/status/889634008308604928[/video]

This shouldn't be a surprise, remember who this is...

He could live a healthy and happy life in prison. The DH was talking about what happens in prison and I realized Mark may actually like that, could love it for all we know. He looks like a sickly man today but without his drink and drugs, he's liable to be pretty healthy and soon. Sigh.........

What a snow job he gave the truck driver trainee. Not surprised he is fighting extradition. This guy likes a good fight IMO.

He could live a healthy and happy life in prison. The DH was talking about what happens in prison and I realized Mark may actually like that, could love it for all we know. He looks like a sickly man today but without his drink and drugs, he's liable to be pretty healthy and soon. Sigh.........

Then there is the fact that fellow prisoners do not like child killers......

Interesting interviews of Cory Redwine and the driver trainee that with with Mark Redwine when Mark was arrested. Mr. Ramirez talks about things Mark said about Dylan and about Elaine in the days he rode with him.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ugust-extradition-after-wash-court-appearance

He said he was in the truck with Redwine for about 2 weeks, and that they were hauling frozen food to a company in northwest Washington when police used GPS and pings of Redwine&#8217;s cellphone to find him in Bellingham.

Ramirez told Denver7 he was surprised by Redwine&#8217;s arrest.

&#8220;I knew about his son&#8217;s disappearance, but I didn&#8217;t know he was murdered or anything like that,&#8221; Ramirez said. &#8220;I never did know he was a suspect or anything like that.&#8221;

Ramirez said he had talked about Dylan with Redwine several times, however.

&#8220;He said he was more into his wife, his ex-wife,&#8221; Ramirez said. &#8220;I guess the son was torn between picking who he wanted to live with. His ex-wife put him in a hard spot where he seemed like the bad guy.&#8221;

He said that Redwine talked about Dylan quite a bit on their latest trip as well.

&#8220;Songs we were listening to on the road reminded him of his son,&#8221; Ramirez said. &#8220;He was talking about looking for his son. You know, they were going to go through a search party for him&#8230;next month, for about a week-long search.&#8221;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member