Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Jury Trial - discussion *GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim Armstrong @JimArmstrongWBZ · 48s 49 seconds ago
That's the first time I have heard #Tsarnaev laugh; he kind of caught himself, and brought his hand to his mouth.

Alysha Palumbo @AlyshaNECN · 3m 3 minutes ago
We are back in courtroom 9 as the judge is about to check in with the jury at the end of the day @NECN #Tsarnaev

That doesn't sit right with me. What's he got to laugh about? This is very serious. Maybe he thinks the longer the jury deliberate the more likely it is for him to escape the death penalty...

Alysha Palumbo @AlyshaNECN · 1m 1 minute ago
#Tsarnaev is in the courtroom, we can hear him laughing out loud with his attorneys. The jury is not present. @NECN

Alysha Palumbo @AlyshaNECN · 25s 25 seconds ago
It's the first time I can recall hearing #Tsarnaev laugh @NECN

Alysha Palumbo @AlyshaNECN · 15s 15 seconds ago
Jury is coming into courtroom. It's been a little bit more than 8 hours since the jury began deliberations @NECN #Tsarnaev

Jim Armstrong @JimArmstrongWBZ · 28s 29 seconds ago
Jury enters...
Judge says they've had a "their long day of work".
Says to think about other things tonight.
Back at 8:30 am tomorrow.

Jim Armstrong @JimArmstrongWBZ · 27s 28 seconds ago
Forewoman will be given an envelope to hold the jury slip overnight. She is to seal it & sign across the seal.

----------------------------------

https://twitter.com/alyshanecn

https://twitter.com/jimarmstrongwbz

Like watching grass grow, IMO. :sheesh:

:waiting:

About to arrive at home after vacation ..I'll be mowing that grass.

Thanks for being the keeper of tweets throughout YesOrNo :blowkiss:

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Tsarnaev Jurors Ask Questions During First Full Day Of Deliberations

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/05/...tions-during-first-full-day-of-deliberations/

The questions remind me of Oscar trial - where they didn't think PROVEN that he INTENDED to kill HER SPECIFICALLY???... :gaah: are they also thinking that one person must specifically be targeted for the charge? SMH if so :)pullhair: that I got up at 3 am each night to watch... but hey, Zwiebel always made us a great breakfast :giggle:)

Among them: “Dzhokhar Tsarnaev intentionally killed the victim or victims of the particular capital count.”

“Dzhokhar Tsarnaev intentionally killed and attempted to kill more than one person in a single criminal episode”;

With current law, and what I saw with the Oscar trial - some interpret such legal direction that killing of a specific person must be proven vs. FORESEEING that a person would be killed ... as in a turkey shoot? (Following the Aurora trial here also, and same thought applies as to what we are ALSO hearing from those jurors).

Do jury instructions need to be changed, or is it OK to not be charged if a SPECIFIC person is killed when you shoot into a closed bathroom or set off a bomb at a marathon, as you don't KNOW who you are going to kill... it's just a chance someone would be as you didn't have them in line of sight.

:gaah:

ETA: Moving forward the verdict form from above link

https://cbsboston.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/tsarnaev-verdict-form-penalty-phase.pdf

Alysha Palumbo @AlyshaNECN · 1h 1 hour ago
I'm in courtroom 9 as the jury begins 3rd day of deliberations in the marathon bombings trial - should start early at 8:30am @NECN #Tsarnaev

Jim Armstrong @JimArmstrongWBZ · 1h 1 hour ago
Taking my usual seat in courtroom 9 - half an hour early, as the judge instructed, so jurors can get going earlier than usual.
#Tsarnaev

#Tsarnaev enters; Judy Clarke puts her hand on his left shoulder, Miriam Conrad puts her on his right shoulder. He settles in to his seat.

#Tsarnaev is in the courtroom, fixing his jacket sleeves as he walks in @NECN

Judge & jury are coming into the courtroom @NECN #Tsarnaev

Judge: Have you avoided discussion of this case with other people? Avoided news coverage?
- Yes.

Judge sends jurors back to continue deliberations at 8:39am @NECN #Tsarnaev

Alysha Palumbo @AlyshaNECN · 58m 58 minutes ago
As of the start of the day today, the jury has been deliberating for more than 8 hours @NECN #Tsarnaev

.@lindalou07 No, they will not deliberate over the weekend. If they need to, they will return on Monday.

i just saw a breaking news tidbit on CNN--said that there was a note to this judge just now?
Is this current or are they re[orting old news?

Alysha Palumbo @AlyshaNECN · 47m 47 minutes ago
We're at the 10 hour mark of deliberations in the Boston Marathon bombings trial - still no verdict @NECN #Tsarnaev

i just saw a breaking news tidbit on CNN--said that there was a note to this judge just now?
Is this current or are they re[orting old news?

I don't know as my tweeters haven't tweeted anything about a new note.

I don't know as my tweeters haven't tweeted anything about a new note.

I am watching CNN now to see what they are reporting. But knowing them, it is probably old news. :facepalm:

The 24-page form to sentence Boston bomber

"..."The Supreme Court really wants it to be clear which steps led the jury to a death sentence," said Stephen Vladeck, a law professor at American University Washington College of Law..."

_83009079_formscreenshot3.png

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-32744195?ocid=socialflow_twitter

Just checking in:

Jim Armstrong @JimArmstrongWBZ · 5m 5 minutes ago
Defense attys Judy Clarke & Tim Watkins walk to courtroom 9. Clarke looks at assembled reporters, waves her hand and says "it's nothing".

Jim Armstrong @JimArmstrongWBZ · 3m 3 minutes ago
...but as we near the end of 14 hours of deliberation, everyone here is anxious for a sign of....anything.
#Tsarnaev

Per CNN Verdict reached. No word when it will be read

Jim Armstrong @JimArmstrongWBZ · 2m 2 minutes ago Defense team just passed me in the hall. Judy Clarke looked at me, said nothing, just raised her eyebrows.

NH1 News Network ‏@NH1News
Jury may be "unanimous" on factors, but remember, we will not know life/death until page 21 of the 24 page slip #Tsarnaev via @SLopezNH1

NH1 News Network
8m8 minutes ago
NH1 News Network ‏@NH1News
Been told we will go through 24-page verdict slip IN ORDER, will not find out LIFE or DEATH until SECTION 6. #Tsarnaev via @SLopezNH1

I think they rejected the DP. Might be wrong, just a hunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz