Ebola outbreak - general thread #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This could be a failure on the part of your employer to pass down the instructions to monitor.

Not everything is Obama's/the Government's fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe. Or the the notification to the airlines WAS the press conference.

I bet they get moved to a nicer apt not the hospital until they have symptoms.. The apt their in should be condemned.. But they're just going to contaminate another area by being moved imo

A miscarriage with blood coming out of the mouth. That is no miscarriage! That is Ebola! WTF??????? :eek:

Exactly! They claimed she had bit her tongue, come on!!! And supposedly there was a nurse present- if so an incompetent one at that!!!

So are they saying that it can only be contracted through blood or body fluids like HIV? Is that correct?

For now. But viruses mutate. Also, Dr.Gupta gave an example today saying if someone who had Ebola sneezed in their hand...and then you shook their hand and then wiped your eye or mouth - you could possibly get infected.

Let's assume the vomit is dried up and the virus is dead. I would still use industrial strength bleach or something really powerful with a spacesuit on. That is really appalling!

And by applying water aren't you just reactivating the virus?

ITA, and where would they move them? That apt. is already contaminated. It is to late IMO. They have been exposed. Next move is probably the hospital. then seal off the apt.
I'm sick thinking 3000 of our troops are there!
OUR GOVERNMENT needs to protect us.
My grand mother used to talk about deptheria and the quarantine (yes she had a son die and it was a true horror story, even his embalming and funeral)

I agree, the government needs to do more, and protect the public.

But we have seen time and again funds cut for public health. And we have seen certain sectors criticize and spread conspiracy theories of "detention camps" and round ups. If the government were to go on full lockdown mode, we would have conspiracy theorists and lunatic fringe folks crying about camps. It's already on this thread here, and there's definitely talk on the wider internet.

We can't have it both ways. We need a public health department with funding and the teeth to enforce things, or we succumb to every-man-and-his-gun-for-himself-ism and suffer the consequences of an outbreak.

So have you all talked about the possibility that he came to the US knowing he was going to be symptomatic soon and wanted to get treatment here?

Will wealthy West Africans start coming to the US for ebola treatment?

Let's assume the vomit is dried up and the virus is dead. I would still use industrial strength bleach or something really powerful with a spacesuit on. That is really appalling!
It is double appalling to think the vomit laid in the sidewalk for how many days?

Earlier today I had made a comment about travelers and airplane lavatories, so I wanted to clarify that I was referring to travelers that become symptomatic during travel, and so far we are being told that Mr. Duncan was not symptomatic during the time of his travels. I'm equally concerned about future air travel.

And airplane lavatories are not cleaned that well. There is a huge pressure on the cleaners to get the airplane cleaned and ready for the next departure. They are barely wiped down and I know that no disinfectants are used.

Before we bash our government anymore on this subject, I think we also need to criticize the gov't. of Liberia on their poor efforts to educate their citizens on what Ebola is and it's symptoms.

I'm sure word is out on the street in Liberia, et al that the people flown to the US have survived.

Exactly! They claimed she had bit her tongue, come on!!! And supposedly there was a nurse present- if so an incompetent one at that!!!

I can imagine the bleeding from the mouth is very profuse. Biting your mouth does not cause severe bleeding.

It is double appalling to think the vomit laid in the sidewalk for how many days?

I know. I know UV and heat kills viruses. It should be treated as extreme biohazard. Even in Africa they burn it.

And by applying water aren't you just reactivating the virus?

Good question. I would think exposure to heat and UV would kill the virus. Again, it should be treated as extreme biohazard.

So have you all talked about the possibility that he came to the US knowing he was going to be symptomatic soon and wanted to get treatment here?

Will wealthy West Africans start coming to the US for ebola treatment?

I haven't thought about that, but I hate to say what I have thought about. "Suicide" terrorists bringing the virus here to America and spreading it. They don't care if they die....they just want to kill Americans - and what better way than germ warfare. Makes me shutter to even have my mind go there.

people there KNOW all the symptoms and she was refused by so many saying there was no hope. Everyone involved including this man KNEW it was EBOLA, so he lied, hopped on a plane and now this. IMO, he is not the only one! Think about it, if you had money for a 1 way plane ticket out of there...................what is so bad is he lied and contaminated so many...........IMOO

Before we bash our government anymore on this subject, I think we also need to criticize the gov't. of Liberia on their poor efforts to educate their citizens on what Ebola is and it's symptoms.

I don't even think we can criticize the Liberian government - there is not enough infrastructure to educate widely, and the government has been affected by various coups and civil war in recent decades.

I mean, unlike the US, at least Liberia is now scanning travelers for fever at airports!

I think you are right. Hell, at my airline we aren't even allowed to wear gloves for trash pick-up due to "negative passenger perception".

Now that's just whack. I expect the guy at Subway making my Sammy to wear gloves. I use to get sick a lot after flying. Despite good and proper hand washing. Now I carry disinfectant wipes and wipe down anything in my seated area I may touch. Sure cut down on colds/flu for me.

I can imagine the bleeding from the mouth is very profuse. Biting your mouth does not cause severe bleeding.

Agreed! That's what I just can't get over that Marthalene's family and nurse all told the taxi driver that it was a miscarriage and she bit her tongue, it wasn't Ebola. Maybe that's why Duncan didn't think so either. Are they are just really that stupid or desperate enough to lie to try to get treatment??? Didn't they also realize they were endangering the taxi driver??

What countries have proactively banned flights from the countries suffering from the epidemic? Anyone have a list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clm79