Ebola outbreak - general thread #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Responding to Lawstudent's post ^^^^^. You are so correct about the information we have at our disposal. The problem is not everyone has this available whether it is due to finances, education, language difference, culture, or just the old "I don't care" attitude.

No two people think alike. Answering a question truthfully would have prevented this particular case. He would not have been allowed to fly. Had the family said the word "Ebola" at the first hospital trip, he would never have been sent home. We will never know the whys of these things.

It only takes one sick person to start an epidemic. From what we are seeing, the CDC is not the well functioning, on-top of infectious diseases that America has thought. For me, that is a very disturbing fact.
The way the two quarantined families have been treated/ignored is pathetic.

My opinions only!

Responding to Lawstudent's post ^^^^^. You are so correct about the information we have at our disposal. The problem is not everyone has this available whether it is due to finances, education, language difference, culture, or just the old "I don't care" attitude.

No two people think alike. Answering a question truthfully would have prevented this particular case. He would not have been allowed to fly. Had the family said the word "Ebola" at the first hospital trip, he would never have been sent home. We will never know the whys of these things.

It only takes one sick person to start an epidemic. From what we are seeing, the CDC is not the well functioning, on-top of infectious diseases that America has thought. For me, that is a very disturbing fact.
The way the two quarantined families have been treated/ignored is pathetic.

My opinions only!

You said it so right!

I've seen a lot of people talking about how ebola is no worse than TB, Maleria, etc... But the scary part is how little we know about it and how fast it's spreading in other countries. Yes malaria kills hundreds per year, but this disease has ravaged thousands in a span of a few months. That's a pretty big deal and IMO is not comparable to malaria.

Yes he outbreak first started many years ago with 1 little 2 year old.....................I think YODA had a chart she posted................years later still thousands died and are dying

This is going to be so costly..............3000 troops building hospitals, all this hazardous waste, clean up, 100 + people in quarantine, expensive vaccines, meds................where will the money come from?

Prevention now is far less expensive that not working to contain. ;)

I've seen a lot of people talking about how ebola is no worse than TB, Maleria, etc... But the scary part is how little we know about it and how fast it's spreading in other countries. Yes malaria kills hundreds per year, but this disease has ravaged thousands in a span of a few months. That's a pretty big deal and IMO is not comparable to malaria.

Malaria rarely spreads person to person, usually by blood transfusion.

- Encase in something comment. And I was so worried about the spread of bed bugs.

I have a feeling that the CDC has been left out of the loop with the Dallas case. The CDC KNOWS how to set up and conduct isolation, in- house isolation, bio-hazard clean up, and humane services such as food delivery and check ups for the family or families in in- home isolation ( sometimes called quarantine).

I have read the CDC procedures for this level of isolation, and it is contact isolation. Meaning body fluids and direct exposure to the source of infection are the modes of transmission.
I do not understand why the health care managers here in TX are not working hand in hand with the CDC. I've worked with CDC officials, and I know that at the time I worked with them on some very unusual infectious diseases found in immigrants from other countries, the CDC was staffed with medical and nursing personnel who knew how to isolate for the specific pathogen.

I am ashamed and have just a bit of fear that I am a Texan for the past two weeks. I have never seen so many people fall apart under stress. Nurses, EMTs, Paramedics, doctors, are all taught various forms of isolation and we do institute isolation for conditions other than Ebola.
Take the name of the pathogen away, and I think people would have functioned better because an element of what appears to be extreme fear would have been removed. That's a very sad commentary on the professionalism of those involved in keeping the public safe.

:goodpost:

WARNING: Contains text that may be alarming. Proceed with utmost caution. If prone to anxiety, scroll and roll.

The Ebola Virus Pandemic: “A Weapon of Mass Destruction”?

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-ebola-virus-pandemic-a-weapon-of-mass-destruction/5394976

From your link:

"Because the incubation period may last ten days while the infected victim may not even be aware of any illness, the virus is highly contagious."

I thought I had read that you were only contagious once you showed symptoms? Or did I read someone post that here and took it as true?

It is very confusing because different "experts" keep telling different theories. I really wonder if they truely know! I just read some people die in just a few days?
From your link:

"Because the incubation period may last ten days while the infected victim may not even be aware of any illness, the virus is highly contagious."

I thought I had read that you were only contagious once you showed symptoms? Or did I read someone post that here and took it as true?

I agree, moving has the potential to spread the virus further. It doesn't make sense. However if movers use proper protection that's one issue down. Perhaps it's taking longer than expected to decontaminate and it is disrupting the ability to function normally there - such as chemicals in bathroom needing time to work. I wouldn't move them unless sure they understand and will follow guidelines to reduce contamination at the next apt.

Oh wow. Earlier, I recommended some natural remedies for ' viruses'. Just to keep on hand in case. One of them was collodial silver. This is wow .....

http://www.naturalnews.com/047101_ebola_colloidal_silver_government_seizure.html

Products in the US cannot make claims to cure or prevent any disease without proper labeling. Which is why many don't have it because it's hard to prove for all cases.

Took a nutrition class for fun not too long ago. Learned that one. Also learned many people pack supplements from their apartments (won't ever shop at GNC again!).

http://www./1516389/nano-silver-com...-claims-natural-solutions-sets-up-legal-fund/

(I will note, I do take colloidal silver as a oral spray daily. Haven't turned blue. Haven't gotten sick in a while.)

From your link:

Well I am very concerned about the timeline of ' once they show symptoms'. Is every human aware the second their temperature goes to 100? That's a fever and that would make you contagious but many people would not realize they had a fever the first few hours. Does an ebola fever go from 98.7 to 104 in 20 minutes?

Agree .(I believe you meant to say malaria kills hundreds of thousands...yes it does) Malaria kills much more..yet not on US public radar as not transmissible person to person with malaria . .

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members