Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Delta flight delayed from Detroit Metro Airport after passenger feels sick

Author: Mara MacDonald, Local 4 Reporter, @MaraMacDonald

Published On: Oct 16 2014 11:00:00 PM EDT Updated On: Oct 16 2014 11:23:20 PM EDT

ROMULUS, Mich. -
A sick passenger on Delta Flight 98 leaving Detroit bound for Paris delayed the flight for more than an hour and brought out the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and EMTs to Detroit Metro Airport Thursday.

Passengers said they were told multiple stories of what the delay was.

“They told us two or three stories. First it was a sick passenger, then somebody came back saying it was a passenger from West Africa barfing on the floor,” according to passenger Eli Futerman...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...o-airport-after-passenger-feels-sick/29176116

I had no idea there was all this random vomiting going on in buses and planes.

If you feel the need to barf, do NOT let anyone see you or the hazmat suits will snatch you and you will be headline news.......JMO

The EBOLA CZAR ! I can't ...........

It's an absolute scandal that we do not have a Surgeon General right now. Can he get around congress' obstruction and just appoint one already?

If there is any silver lining to this cloud, its that we see how unprepared we truelly are for even the smallest crisis. Hopefully these events in the last couple weeks will get us up to snuff and if something bigger comes down the pike we are ready.

If you've ever taken a subway or bus home at night you've seen not just all kinds of random vomiting, but worse... :help:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subway yes, bus no. I guess I have been lucky and I hope I have not jinxed myself because I cannot handle vomit. At all.

LOL Gross, but a few days ago after having spent all day gabbing about Ebola here, I had to log off and go barf....it was psychosomatic, there was no other reason. That may be happening to others, who start worrying themselves sick, or like me, respond to subliminal suggestion. People are funny. JMO

The barf bag provided for every airline passenger indicates that this does happen.

I get it, but I have traveled a lot and been on every form of mass transportation and have yet to see it. Now, since I'm sure I have just jinxed myself, I think I will look into purchasing my own plane :biggrin:

"Missouri AG seeks to block St. Louis facility from accepting Ebola medical waste"
http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/missouri-ag-seeks-to-block-st-louis-facility-from-accepting/article_2dff857c-a77f-5559-a056-955c9c6b27be.html

"Missouri Attorney General Chris Koster has filed a court petition to block a facility in north St. Louis that has past compliance violations from accepting medical waste that could be contaminated with the Ebola virus. "

Sorry if already posted..

Yet another politician pandering to irrational fear. The waste in question has been incinerated. Biological hazards do not survive incineration.

If there is any silver lining to this cloud, its that we see how unprepared we truelly are for even the smallest crisis. Hopefully these events in the last couple weeks will get us up to snuff and if something bigger comes down the pike we are ready.

True dat

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Not sure what to think of the appointment of Ron Klain. How will he know he is being handed bullch*t while trying to do the job. That's like letting the cashier at a store be in charge of nursing policy and procedure. I just don't know what to think.

Yet another politician pandering to irrational fear. The waste in question has been incinerated. Biological hazards do not survive incineration.

How do they know the incineration was done properly?

I HOPE so! After 9/11, it was apparent that communications between responders needed to be coordinated much better. I am really, really hoping that with all the states coming up with their own ebola guidelines that they communicate with each other. Communication and accurate information is essential. I hope we have learned that at least.

Maybe someone with medical background can explain this to me. Nina has been downgraded from good to fair. Is there a universal way a hospital evaluates someones status? Are their specified criteria or is it subjective? I thought the Drs in the presser were very vague as to why she was downgraded. I almost got the impression they wanted to say that they differed from Pres. Hosp.,but wouldn't do that.
Alos has their been an update on Amber today?

I can find out if someone else doesn't answer first. But I always assumed Nina was going to get worse before she got better. I think days 12-15 are the worst for someone with Ebola? Seems I read something like that...

I don't blame him for doing it, especially since the facility has had compliance violations. He's probably getting an earful from his constituents and doesn't want to take the risk, no matter how remote.

Do we know from where the incinerated waste originated?

Sorry, but Texas wanted to dump on Louisiana and that was stopped. I'm glad. We have enough of our own waste to dump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89