Ecuador - August Reiger, 18, US student, Banos, 16 June 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Unfortunately, it is quite possible. Think about all the cases of people who have disappeared into ravines here in the states in CARS and weren't found, sometimes for years. Philip Taylor Kramer (the guy from Iron Butterfly) was in a MINIVAN and wasn't found for 4 years and that was near Malibu.

If the vegetation isn't deciduous, he may never be found.

It sounds like this might be the case. How sad. His father is staying until he is found and mother and brother may stay another week. Can't remember which article stated that but I doubt that his father can stay indefinitely. I can't imagine flying away and looking down knowing that you are leaving your child behind.

In the video, the reporter states that family members say they are veteran international travelers but nothing like this has happened before.

http://www.news9.com/story/22627340/okc-valedictorian-vanishes-in-south-america

Traveling abroad is relatively safe if done correctly. Is it a calculated risk some places? Of course. But everything in life is a calculated risk. These were not fresh faced people getting their first passport stamp. You can fall hiking anywhere.

I love it when reporters say things like that. "This is the first time they've ever experienced something like this." Really? Weird, because it happened to me three times last week alone. :banghead: (Lucky, I'm glad you showed me the link and my sarcasm is purely reserved for the stupidity of the newscaster)

I know there are jaguars in Equador - could one of those dragged him off without a trace?

OT- Edward Snowden asks Ecuador for asylum. I would think the media coverage in Ecuador of the search for August will take a back seat to this news.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23023576

I'm actually hoping the opposite will happen. That the major networks will send crews to Ecuador on a Snowden Watch and the crews will be bored and cover August while they wait.

I'm actually hoping the opposite will happen. That the major networks will send crews to Ecuador on a Snowden Watch and the crews will be bored and cover August while they wait.

And then the Zimmerman trial will take up the rest of the news time...

I know August personally, and he did not just walk away. He is very close to his family and friends. Also, the evidence:

1.) The trip into the Amazon for 3 days with the guides was scheduled, because of August, for the following day.

2.) He had no money or water on him. You do not start a new life without so much as a dollar on you.

3.) There is a massive search under way. He would still be aware of the search and be found. He is 18. He doesn't have to run away.

Thank you for joining and sharing that information with us findaugust.

Must be very difficult when a loved one goes missing in a foreign country.

Hopefully he is found soon and it's good to know there is such a big search going on.

I wonder what evidence they have of him bring kidnapped? Other than just not having found him nearby?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally,I don't believe he voluntarily left or fell. Does anyone remember the experienced hiker who was hiking with friends..they had professional hiking equipment and were all connected by a rope or cord yet one of the men disappeared...there may have been yelling but I can't remember. I think his harness had been released. This was on a mountain or rocking climbing or something. Gosh,I wish I had the name of the guy. He has never been found and was a experienced hiker,along with his friends..who witnesses something. Crazy story. Will try to find a link. This case reminded me of that. It may have been S.America.

Still nothings.... I still feel he fell and is injured - time is running out. Hope they search and figure out some way of scanning for him....
to bad he didn't carry some sort of tracking device...

I know August personally, and he did not just walk away. He is very close to his family and friends. Also, the evidence:

1.) The trip into the Amazon for 3 days with the guides was scheduled, because of August, for the following day.

2.) He had no money or water on him. You do not start a new life without so much as a dollar on you.

3.) There is a massive search under way. He would still be aware of the search and be found. He is 18. He doesn't have to run away.

BBM
No water? You don't go anywhere in Central/South America without water, not even to brush your teeth. He didn't plan on being away from his family for more than 15-20 minutes tops. Givien the elevation (~6,000 ft in the town and they were up higher than that) and the fact that they were hiking, he'd be drinking a fair amount of water. This fact alone tells me that he had no intention of doing anything other than what he said.

Thank you for joining us, findaugust. I am so sorry for the circumstances which have brought you here.

The family is unaware of any new development. I believe this is old news that has been recycled. No body = kidnapping.

That was tweeted yesterday so I assumed that it was current news. The Spanish Find August FB started posting pictures of what he would look like with short hair, assuming that the kidnappers cut his hair. Bad reporting on CNN's Valencia if he is just recyling old news.

Please don't be offended by anything we post here. We are just tossing around possible scenarios and trying to make sense of his disappearance. I hope he is found soon.

I can't imagine how his family feels. I keep thinking that he fell off a cliff, but it seems they feel he was kidnapped. I wonder if they are expecting a ransom note.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston
Back