Ecuador - August Reiger, 18, US student, Banos, 16 June 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just did a google search for "August Reiger pictures". In all of them he is smiling. Now look at his last pic taken by his father on the trail, attached below. He looks so sad. It is very eerie.

REMEMBER, he was the one who wanted to go on this trip. This entire Ecuador trip was because HE wanted to do it. He wasn't dragged along - he initiated it.

My guess is, he's out there in the jungle.

Today's random thought on this puzzling case: Seeing that picture- I now wonder if he was mistaken by whoever (if anyone) harmed him for a woman?

Great minds think alike, meanmaryjean. I actually suggested the same thing in post 8 of this thread. He is, especially from a distant, a bit androgynous. (Don't get me wrong, he's a handsome kid, but androgyny is kind of in right now.)

REMEMBER, he was the one who wanted to go on this trip. This entire Ecuador trip was because HE wanted to do it. He wasn't dragged along - he initiated it.

My guess is, he's out there in the jungle.

He wanted to go but maybe not with his parents. moo

Although I agree he looks androgynous, I doubt that that got him into trouble. Anybody will realize their mistake when coming closer.

Great minds think alike, meanmaryjean. I actually suggested the same thing in post 8 of this thread. He is, especially from a distant, a bit androgynous. (Don't get me wrong, he's a handsome kid, but androgyny is kind of in right now.)

Okay, but wouldn't his kidnappers realize the mistake as soon as they got close enough to take him? Unless they knocked him out somehow and placed him in a large container/bag of some kind and didn't realize it till they had moved away from the place. Then what, leave him in the jungle, or prevent him for telling anything about them...
but, why do that, they could still ask for a ranson.... unless ransom was never part of their plans and they only wanted a female...

Sorry, just thinking out-loud...

I just did a google search for "August Reiger pictures". In all of them he is smiling. Now look at his last pic taken by his father on the trail, attached below. He looks so sad. It is very eerie.

Wow! Thank you! That picture made me think for the first time that he could have gone off on his own. That seems like the very annoyed look of a teenager who needs a break from his parents, IMO. Maybe he just got away for a bit, then either got lost, hurt, or started coming back until he realized that there was a massive search for him- and became embarrassed or afraid that he caused such an ordeal (or even more annoyed)? If he went off on his own for a while, then got lost- he could be in the wilds in an area that was not grid searched... From personal experience, it's amazing how easy it can be to get lost and move quickly in the wrong direction. And how easy it is to be very near someone you are looking for and not see them...
Hoping today is the day!

I remembered thinking he looked sad or moody in that picture. Course he is a teen! ;)

I just did a google search for "August Reiger

pictures". In all of them he is smiling. Now look at his last pic taken by his father on the trail, attached below. He looks so sad. It is very eerie.

I remembered thinking he looked sad or moody in that picture. Course he is a teen! ;)

That reminded me of a trip I took my grandson on when he was about 13 years old. He was moody, complained, frowned in every picture and just was a general downer the whole time, no matter what we did. We rented tamdem bikes, he complained, we rented kayaks, he complained, we visit a museum, he complained, we went for a ride on a glass bottom boat, he complained, we took him to one of the finest restaurants on Catalina Island, he complained, we rented a room at one of the oldest historical hotels on the island, he complained.

He's 22 now. Last week we were talking about that trip to Catalina and he told me that was one of the best trips of his life, he had a great time and enjoyed every minute of it. I was wondering "Who are you and what did you do with my grandson!!"

This is one of several cases I am following at the moment that make me reconsider the possibility of alien abduction. I am very practical but honestly I am baffled. There is no clear or easy explanation.

Edit: I am not serious about the alien abduction theory, I am just trying to use that as a means to demonstrate the strange character of the circumstances.

This is one of several cases I am following at the moment that make me reconsider the possibility of alien abduction. I am very practical but honestly I am baffled. There is no clear or easy explanation.

Edit: I am not serious about the alien abduction theory, I am just trying to use that as a means to demonstrate the strange character of the circumstances.

Can I vote for el chupacabra?

Seriously, it is weird. Just poof. August gone. Kid brother a few minutes behind him. Parents a few minutes behind that. Yet... nothing.

Janeymayer, I noticed the same thing, too. He appeared downcast in the last photo taken by his father as they stopped at a rest area on the trail.

My gut says that he left voluntarily. However, with each passing day, I get more and more worried.

I can't imagine him just up an leaving his family.... he's got to miss them, he knows they are hurting!
I speak from my own experience at just up and leaving when I about his age - OT, but no matter how good a time you may be having and enjoying yourself, your mind begins to play tricks on you after a week and you suddenly miss things about your family you never thought about before...

That reminded me of a trip I took my grandson on when he was about 13 years old. He was moody, complained, frowned in every picture and just was a general downer the whole time, no matter what we did. We rented tamdem bikes, he complained, we rented kayaks, he complained, we visit a museum, he complained, we went for a ride on a glass bottom boat, he complained, we took him to one of the finest restaurants on Catalina Island, he complained, we rented a room at one of the oldest historical hotels on the island, he complained.

He's 22 now. Last week we were talking about that trip to Catalina and he told me that was one of the best trips of his life, he had a great time and enjoyed every minute of it. I was wondering "Who are you and what did you do with my grandson!!"

Love that story! I was telling my DD that I laughed out loud at the photos of Malia Obama in Ireland the other week, because she had the exact same look in every single photo that my DD had in every single photo we took of her when we visited London when she was the same age. Teenagers--the universal scowl, the universal arms crossed, the universal slouch, the implied eye roll...

Even the best and the brightest teenagers get irritated by their parents--nature of the game.

Maybe that photo captured a moment of teenage irritation by August, and who knows if it meant anything more (my DD, like Seajay's grandson, now remembers the London trip as completely awesome) or not. That's the other great thing about teens---their moods change every 5 minutes.

I just hope nothing happened to him during what might just have been a typical teenage moment.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dane_Fall
Back