Elderly Man Broke After Friendship With Garrido

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BBM
Shelton stated in the article that he thought Jack lived at the Garrido residence while they were living at Jack's in the late 90's. Which would also give Jack more than enough opportunity to witness SOMETHING, no? I'm not sure who lived in Jack's house between the Shelton's living there and 05. Anyone looked into Jack's background?

I found this interesting, too. She, apparently, had a strong desire for girls of her own. Maybe he was fullfilling her desires or torturing her with her own desires... Either way, she had to know what he was up to.

This whole tale is so twisted. I'm glad to learn that I'm not the only one who is skeptical. Thanks JFV.

i was thinking more along the lines of mrs bates in psycho rather then joan crawford lol

I remember the picture but can't find it at the moment. Ok, gross thought here....the current tenant is friends with pg also? I would think for them to remove the computer there had to be a tie in somewhere. How far reaching will this case become?

The current tenant, if I'm thinking of the same property, is Damon Robinson. He is the one who noticed that the locks were reversed after he moved in and his girlfriend (or ex?) was the one who made the 911 call in 2006. So, I doubt they were friends. But, who knows in this case.

By the way, Mike Shelton (the tenant prior to Damon Robinson) I believe is the one who made the comments about the "parties in the backyard". So, we have two tenants who noticed odd things. I wonder if they ever mentioned anything to their landlord (Medeiros or his wife) and what type of reaction they received if they did mention it?

*correction it was Mr. Rogers who alleges there were "parties" in the backyard...not Shelton*

By the way, Mike Shelton (the tenant prior to Damon Robinson) I believe is the one who made the comments about the "parties in the backyard". So, we have two tenants who noticed odd things. I wonder if they ever mentioned anything to their landlord (Medeiros or his wife) and what type of reaction they received if they did mention it?

I only saw one article about the Shelton's and it didn't say anything about them witnessing any "parties". I think it was Robinson that said he saw these activities, but I'm not positive on that and it's too late to search right now. I can tomorrow. I do know that I haven't seen Shelton being quoted as saying he saw the "parties". If I missed this link, please pass it along. Thank you.

I only saw one article about the Shelton's and it didn't say anything about them witnessing any "parties". I think it was Robinson that said he saw these activities, but I'm not positive on that and it's too late to search right now. I can tomorrow. I do know that I haven't seen Shelton being quoted as saying he saw the "parties". If I missed this link, please pass it along. Thank you.

Actually, it was Mr. Rogers who said that he saw the parties and was interviewed on the news about it. My bad! As for Damon Robinson, I don't know whether he personally saw these things or whether it was just his girlfriend. His main thing was giving the media a tour of his property and talking about the reversed locks. Either way, I'm still interested in knowing whether Damon ever discussed these bizarre things with his landlord (PG's friend) and what the reaction was.

I just bumped the thread that we had going in August through early September, concerning some of these neighbor's accounts.

Actually, it was Mr. Rogers who said that he saw the parties and was interviewed on the news about it. My bad! As for Damon Robinson, I don't know whether he personally saw these things or whether it was just his girlfriend. His main thing was giving the media a tour of his property and talking about the reversed locks. Either way, I'm still interested in knowing whether Damon ever discussed these bizarre things with his landlord (PG's friend) and what the reaction was.

I just bumped the thread that we had going in August through early September, concerning some of these neighbor's accounts.

id be ashamed if i lived in that area if this was going under my nose and i didnt know or igonred it.
whats amazing about the early days of these posts is the first jaycee thread was put up like 4 years ago.......and then i mean literally, as people are discussin michaud and her boyfriend, the next post is the first one saying "break in 18 year old case. so i mean literally hours before the story broke it was still a semi-hot topic here

I have been giving these pictures of Jack some more thought, you can tell a lot about people's personalities from photos taken when they are in their comfort zone. The most striking thing about PG himself is that he is in the back, above the folk in the forground, with his arms encircling them. It's a very dominant image, but not overtly threatening, he is clearly the alpha dog in the group and is very comfortable with that position. Nancy has a more submissive posture, in the background as well, mostly semi obscured. Of the two girls, Starlet is striking more confident aggresive poses while Angel is allmost shrinking. In a way it reflects PG and Nancy, where one is "daddy's girl" and the other "mommy's girl". This is contrast to eye-witness accounts of the girls in other encounters, where Starlet was described as clingy and angel more outgoing. I don't think that these two images are mutually exclusive though, since they deal with the girls in their comfort zone in one case, and out of it in the other. It isn't uncommon in cases of two siblings separated by a few years for the oldest to assume a more responsible aggresive role and the youngest to be more passive and freespirited. I think that is what we see in these pictures, while in situations where they are encountering strangers Starlet acts more defensively to proactively circle the wagons and "protect" the family but Angel acts in more openly, friendly manner. An observer might misinterpret this to mean that Starlet was shy and reserved, while Angel was not, but in fact the reverse would be true. This would explain the rambuncious behaviour of Starlet with Shayna, she is probably a pretty aggresive girl.

I'm curious how Jaycee fitted into all of this though. She would have been a sister, but much older than the other two. In normal families where there is a very large age difference between siblings, the older sibling takes on the role of an adult/quasi-parent, and this is probably the dynamic that happened in the Garrido houshold. Where was Jaycee when these pictures were taken? She apparently wasnt on the trip. Was Patricia still living in the house at the time? If so, she would have been bedridden, which means that she would have needed someone to look after her while the rest of the family was down at SF. Probably that would have been Jaycee, as the adult sister. If she was there all alone, with the run of the house for who knows how long, that is kind of interesting.

So many unanswered questions :sleuth:

Egads, I wonder if the difference in attitude of both girls has more to do with the presence or absence of ng?

I have been giving these pictures of Jack some more thought, you can tell a lot about people's personalities from photos taken when they are in their comfort zone. The most striking thing about PG himself is that he is in the back, above the folk in the forground, with his arms encircling them. It's a very dominant image, but not overtly threatening, he is clearly the alpha dog in the group and is very comfortable with that position. Nancy has a more submissive posture, in the background as well, mostly semi obscured. Of the two girls, Starlet is striking more confident aggresive poses while Angel is allmost shrinking. In a way it reflects PG and Nancy, where one is "daddy's girl" and the other "mommy's girl". This is contrast to eye-witness accounts of the girls in other encounters, where Starlet was described as clingy and angel more outgoing. I don't think that these two images are mutually exclusive though, since they deal with the girls in their comfort zone in one case, and out of it in the other. It isn't uncommon in cases of two siblings separated by a few years for the oldest to assume a more responsible aggresive role and the youngest to be more passive and freespirited. I think that is what we see in these pictures, while in situations where they are encountering strangers Starlet acts more defensively to proactively circle the wagons and "protect" the family but Angel acts in more openly, friendly manner. An observer might misinterpret this to mean that Starlet was shy and reserved, while Angel was not, but in fact the reverse would be true. This would explain the rambuncious behaviour of Starlet with Shayna, she is probably a pretty aggresive girl.

I'm curious how Jaycee fitted into all of this though. She would have been a sister, but much older than the other two. In normal families where there is a very large age difference between siblings, the older sibling takes on the role of an adult/quasi-parent, and this is probably the dynamic that happened in the Garrido houshold. Where was Jaycee when these pictures were taken? She apparently wasnt on the trip. Was Patricia still living in the house at the time? If so, she would have been bedridden, which means that she would have needed someone to look after her while the rest of the family was down at SF. Probably that would have been Jaycee, as the adult sister. If she was there all alone, with the run of the house for who knows how long, that is kind of interesting.

forgot about that. yeah she could have been home taking care of his wacko mom.

the thing about jaycee being there quasi-adult/parent i think is a very good possibility. it appears so far they havent taken badly to the new she's there mom, so obviousy a bond had been formed long ago

Excellent points, Natal. Thank you. I've also wondered if maybe Jaycee was left out of these "family" trips because she had to stay back and run the business. Maybe PG was running a sweat shop, of sorts, with JC as his "slave", for lack of a better term. Her absence from these pictures is haunting to me, whatever the reasons are. How was this explained to the girls and Jack( if he was truly unaware of the goings on)? You're probably right that she had to stay and "care for granny", which would make JC's exclusion easily explained by P & N. But what if something went wrong with "granny" and another call had to made to 911? Seems like an awfully big risk for P & N to take, although, I'm sure they were well aware of LE's inadequate policing. Would also be easy to explain if she had to "run the business" while they were away.
I also saw the idea in a post in another thread, (I think it was from you, Natal, but I can't find it) that there may have been common feelings of disdain or dislike amongst the "family" towards NG. Do you think that it's possible that PG & NG made sure that this was actually the common feeling towards JC instead, in order to keep her isolated or "in check"? Maybe her exclusion from these "family" outings would be an expression of that. Of course, it's just a thought and I hope and pray that this isn't what happened, that would be so hard to overcome...
These photos break my heart. They tell me that those girls were completely unaware that their lives were a lie. (A lie until now, anyway.) They had no idea that their world would come crashing down around them in less than a year. If we had seen those pictures without knowing what we know now, we would have thought "That looks like a normal family having a good time together". I'm sad for those girls that this isn't the case and that there was something much more sinister going on in those "family" pictures. They certainly didn't deserve this. How can two people be capable of such horrific things? Look at all the lives they damaged. And how did they get away with it for so long? Sickening.

I got the same creepy feeling from PG towering over the child.This vacation to SF might have just been a days outing.
The camera might have been a digital and PG might have taken it.
She may have been told by PG to tell clients that they don't have a digital camera.
So they would not have to bother taking client photos.
It is easier & cheaper for the printing business to get the customer to email a
JPEG photo to be put on cards/flyers.

I'm watching dateline right now covering Jaycee's heartbreaking story.
I must have missed that picture, can you please either link me to it or tell me where to find it.
Thank you,

Can you please point me to the picture. I must have missed it.
Or link it for me.
Thanks

Can you please point me to the picture. I must have missed it.
Or link it for me.
Thanks

They're posted in the photos & other images sticky. The video where they came from is posted at the start of this thread.

I'm guessing Dugard wasn't taken on the trips simply because Garrido was scared someone might recognize her. A minute possibility was still probably too much for Garrido as he never allowed her even beyond the front or backyard. That's a pretty tight leash. Especially when you consider that, almost unanimously, their Antioch neighborhood and local law enforcement were not concerned enough to bother with him.

I do think Dugard helped with his elderly mother, but I don't he couldn't have simply had Nancy do it. It's clear he singled out Dugard to stay behind.

id be ashamed if i lived in that area if this was going under my nose and i didnt know or igonred it.
whats amazing about the early days of these posts is the first jaycee thread was put up like 4 years ago.......and then i mean literally, as people are discussin michaud and her boyfriend, the next post is the first one saying "break in 18 year old case. so i mean literally hours before the story broke it was still a semi-hot topic here

I'm ashamed and I live 2 miles away. I went to school here in the 60s and it was a nice, sleepy, small, middle-class town. When I finished school we moved away and I moved back a couple of years ago and was shocked by how it's changed. Now this area is overrun with drugs, sexual predators, ex-cons, and race-related crimes. Some blame the housing boom and investors renting to Section 8 tenants. It seems that it took a short time to make this area undesirable, whatever the reason.

I'm guessing Dugard wasn't taken on the trips simply because Garrido was scared someone might recognize her. A minute possibility was still probably too much for Garrido as he never allowed her even beyond the front or backyard. That's a pretty tight leash. Especially when you consider that, almost unanimously, their Antioch neighborhood and local law enforcement were not concerned enough to bother with him.

I do think Dugard helped with his elderly mother, but I don't he couldn't have simply had Nancy do it. It's clear he singled out Dugard to stay behind.

Right, the obvious reason she might have been excluded from "family" outings would be for fear of her being recognized. I think what we're (at least I am) trying to figure out is if her absence seemed curious to the girls and Jack, and if so, how it was explained.

IIRC there were reports of her being seen with Nancy and the girls shoping etc, so I don't know if she was kept there all the time. I think that the DA said that she had been kept in the backyard for the first 3.5 years, implying that she had been out after that as well.

In any case, people would have recognized an 11 year old girl, not an adult woman with a family. Plus, I doubt anyone was looking for her, everyone assumed that she had been murdered 18 years ago, they would have been expecting to find skeletal remains if anything at all.

Right, the obvious reason she wasn't included in "family" outings was for fear of her being recognized. I think what we're (at least I am) trying to figure out is if her absence seemed curious to the girls and Jack, and if so, how it was explained.

I don't think he would have been to worried about that at this point. The greater danger would be that she would bolt if she encountered images that reminded her too much of her former life.

We don't know that she wasn't included in family outings. From the photos, all we know is that she wasn't in those photos.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back