Elisa Baker - Life Before Adam

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Haven't followed the case in a while...was just sitting in a restaurant and saw the CNN ticker: "Stepmom of dismemebered girl charged with bigamy." Well, how many people could that possibly apply to. I was wishing it said charged with murder.

I just listened to Aaron's interview with Jennifer Moxley. She asked him about Elisa being married when they married. He said they married in 1998, her divorce was not final until 1999, according to what has come out lately. So, was she even married to Aaron, for her marriage to Adam to be bigamy?

I remember when this question first reared its head in the threads and I do not know that we were ever able to find documentation of the pre AY marriage's final divorce date. As far as I can recall, we never answered this question to anyone's satisfation.

I have a feeling the whole bigamy thing may be opening a big ole ugly can a worms. I see a pattern of behavior from EB as far as lining up the replacement dude before dumping the old one. It is IMO entirely possible the AY nuptuals were not anymore legal than the AB ones.

Transcripts of the interview, as well as discussion, can be found here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125732"]Interview with Aaron Young Jennifer Moxley News 14 2011.01.19 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I remember when this question first reared its head in the threads and I do not know that we were ever able to find documentation of the pre AY marriage's final divorce date. As far as I can recall, we never answered this question to anyone's satisfation.

I have a feeling the whole bigamy thing may be opening a big ole ugly can a worms. I see a pattern of behavior from EB as far as lining up the replacement dude before dumping the old one. It is IMO entirely possible the AY nuptuals were not anymore legal than the AB ones.

This may go deeper than ever imagined by anyone! Oh my, into Common law marriage?

i have a feeling that they have come across alot more than just zahra's death

thinking of the type of LE in this case, and i am truly impressed, with all the interviews they have done, that additional information such as the bigamy came to light

i dont believe that that is where it ended and would hope that they have the opportunity to pursue whatever else that may of surfaced during this investigation

for some reason i simply have alot of faith in this particular LE, they have impressed me so many times thoughout all of this again MOO

Didn't AY say he married EF in '98, her prior marriage ended in '99, she married AB in 2008, his (AY's) marriage ended in 2009?

It was hard for me to gage AY's feelings about anything he spoke about, because of the lack of facial expressions and flat affect. How he was able to appear so distant while admitting he has learned he was never legally married to her after being together for 10 years!? Very interesting interview!

If she was married to someone else when she married AY was thier marriage legal?

If AY knew she was still married to the other guy is he guilty of bigamy in some sense?

If she was was married to the other guy when she married AY did he need a legal divorce?

If her marriage to AY wasnt legal but she was divorced from the other guy is her marriage to AB legal?

Which marriage or marriages can she be charged with bigamy?

Those are my questions and I think I pulled a brain muscle lol!!!

If she was married to someone else when she married AY was thier marriage legal?

If AY knew she was still married to the other guy is he guilty of bigamy in some sense?

If she was was married to the other guy when she married AY did he need a legal divorce?

If her marriage to AY wasnt legal but she was divorced from the other guy is her marriage to AB legal?

As I read your post and pondered I was getting dizzy trying to keep up with your train of thought! Then I read your last sentence and snort/laughed in a very unladylike fashion. TY for that.

Sooo-at what point should AB have contacted the Australian Consulate or Mom and said "Help-I've been flim-flammed, bamboozled, hoodwinked, deceived, double-crossed, betrayed, duped, tricked, misled and f'd over by this woman!! Get me and my daughter outta here!!":banghead:
And why didn't he?:furious:

It's a shame that Z couldn't be saved that way. AB had lost contact with his mother so it might have been hard for him to suck it up, take it on the chin and reconcile with her. As for the consulate, IMO he should have as soon as he learned of the bigamy and the lie from EB and AY as life seemed to get a whole lot worse once he learned he had been flim-flammed etc

I stopped in on this thread because I read on the media thread that EB is being charged with bigamy today.

*Sigh*

I'm not encouraged by this charge. <shakes head> I find this charge to be disconcerting and alarming that it being brought forth at this particular point in time. Why this charge? Where are the charges that are for murder? Seriously my heart sunk a bit when I read that article.

JMHO.

Just a few days ago I went looking for this thread just to see if it was going to fade away.

After reading the news article, it looks like the Bigamy charge might be another way to keep her locked up a little longer. Or it might give LE more insight into her past if the Bigamy is dealt with before any murder charge.

Link to news article: http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2011/jan/18/elisa-baker-indicted-bigamy-ar-705180/

In North Carolina, the charge of bigamy is a Class I felony and carries a maximum sentence of a year in prison.

Looking at these dates for marriage and divorce across the timeline I would have thought that some administration or whoever processes these types of documents would have noticed some overlapping when making the documents official.

Just a few days ago I went looking for this thread just to see if it was going to fade away.

After reading the news article, it looks like the Bigamy charge might be another way to keep her locked up a little longer. Or it might give LE more insight into her past if the Bigamy is dealt with before any murder charge.

Link to news article: http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2011/jan/18/elisa-baker-indicted-bigamy-ar-705180/

BBM I had not considered this angle for the why of the charges. the discovery and investigative aspect of the bigamy charges could give them even more leaway in ordering/subpoena ing records and evidence on bigamy charges that could also be very useful in the investigation and prosecution of Zahra related charges in future.

For instance, if they want to plumb those other areas of EB's life that a judge may not feel are relevant enough to warrant SW or subpoenas in regards to Zahra investigation will certainly be relevant while pursuing the bigamy prosecution. Allows for more fishing in regards to Zahra's case under the guise of prosecution of the bigamy ones.

BBM I had not considered this angle for the why of the charges. the discovery and investigative aspect of the bigamy charges could give them even more leaway in ordering/subpoena ing records and evidence on bigamy charges that could also be very useful in the investigation and prosecution of Zahra related charges in future.

For instance, if they want to plumb those other areas of EB's life that a judge may not feel are relevant enough to warrant SW or subpoenas in regardings to Zahra investigation will certainly be relevant while pursuing the bigamy prosecution. Allows for more fishing in regards to Zahra's case under the guise of prosecution of the bigamy ones.

i agree this opens more doors for them to pursue as well it tells me they are still actively working it so i actually expect more to come

been a rough week for EB, just read a new article that she is charged with yet another bad check this week. I think you may be right, they seem to be hitting her hard with various and sundry charges. I only hope the big one will come soon.

Interesting.

News 14 Carolina learned that four of Elisa Baker's seven marriages overlapped and only those the took place while she was legally divorced are legitimate marriages. Young says he and Elisa Baker were married when she married Adam Baker but said he recently learned she was married to someone else when she married him in 1998.

If her marriage to Young is deemed null and void, it is possible her marriage to Baker would then be legal, and spousal privilege says Adam Baker would not have to testify against her in court.

Buske says there are exceptions to spousal privilege, for instance, when a child is injured.

http://charlotte.news14.com/content...arriages-could-impact-testimony-in-baker-case

Interesting.

News 14 Carolina learned that four of Elisa Baker's seven marriages overlapped and only those the took place while she was legally divorced are legitimate marriages. Young says he and Elisa Baker were married when she married Adam Baker but said he recently learned she was married to someone else when she married him in 1998.

If her marriage to Young is deemed null and void, it is possible her marriage to Baker would then be legal, and spousal privilege says Adam Baker would not have to testify against her in court.

http://charlotte.news14.com/content...arriages-could-impact-testimony-in-baker-case

Very interesting twist. AY finds out he was free all along and AB learns he'll have to divorce her after-all...

Hmm any possibility that EB was aware that her marriage to AY wasn't legal when she married AB? I'd think so. What a calculating <<interesting person>>.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm
Back