Elisa Baker - Life Before Adam

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My partner just sent me a message: "I think someone may have been hanging around webslueths" with a link to this article:

http://www.theage.com.au/world/zahr...arried-seven-times-report-20110204-1afx7.html

It contains this interesting comment about the bigamy:
"This probably used to happen more, before the era of instant communication and computers," University of North Carolina School of Law professor Maxine Eichner said.

"Every now and then, though, a kind of outrageous case still comes up."

Overall, I just want to say, we are extraordinarily impressed by the fact that the resourceful sleuthers here were onto the multiple marriages and multiple bigamy months before it made the press :)

I am trying to figure out what it was about EB that drew all these men to her. There had to be something that attracted them to her. She must really be a good actress, and then wham, when she had them under her thumb, she changed into a monster. I would really like to know how she was with Zahra when they were still in AU. Did she spend a lot of time being sweet to her, making Zahra fall in love with her and believe she was going to have a good mother figure in her life, something she surely dreamed for. No wonder Zahra was said to defend EB and want to stay with her. EB probly turned into her monster self very shortly after getting back to the US. It breaks my heart all over again. EB is a master manipulater and con artist. She has been getting away with stuff for a long time, I have wondered how someone with the cahonies to keep marrying men without divorcing the one before the next, managing to keep evading DSS, moving 47 times, etc. could have such a stupid plan with fire and a ransom note and a 2pm missing child 911 call. Maybe she had a really false sense of security, thinking she could get away with anything.

The only thing I can't understand is why she hasn't been charged with murder.
This woman was pure evil. Poor little Zahra... she did not deserve this!

AP constructed its profile through interviews with former husbands, relatives and acquaintances, while also drawing on county documents including divorce records and marriage licences. The records show that when she married Mr Baker, in July 2008, she was already married to J. Allred (October 1997) and A. Young (August 1998). She divorced Mr Young a year after marrying Mr Baker, but her marriage to Mr Allred was never dissolved.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/zahras-...people-before-wedding-no7-20110204-1agut.html

their timeline (just to muddy waters a bit more)

Elisa Baker's marriage trail

Sept 14, 1985: married J Winkler, Lenoir, North Carolina.

Jan 29, 1986: Winkler marriage annulled.

Sept 5, 1987: married J Proctor, Gaffney, South Carolina.

Feb 6, 1992: divorced from Proctor.

April 17, 1992: married A Harris jnr, Gaffney, SC.

Feb 4, 1995: married D Putnam, Gaffney, SC.

Dec 14, 1995: divorced from Harris.

Oct 3, 1997: married J Allred, Lenoir, NC.; never legally dissolved.

Aug 8, 1998: married A Young, Gaffney, SC.

Nov 22, 1999: Putnam marriage annulled.

July 8, 2008: married Adam Baker in Australia.

Aug 21, 2009: divorced from Young.

from this timeline, it would appear that you are correct MK, if the Putnam marriage of 95 wasn't anulled until December 99, then I would think her marriages to Allred and Young were not valid and therefore would think her marraige to Adam Baker was (since the above would invalidate her marriage to AY, there would be no need for a divorce since it was never a legal union to begin with). So I disagree with the text of the article based on their very own timeline, the article supposes that she was never divorced from Allred but based on their own timeline I see no need for one as the union wasn't a legal marriage in teh first place based on the lack of divorce/anullment from Putnam at the time.

arrggggggg This is a mess.

The same thought has passed my mind too Jacie Estes! Though I don't know much about it myself.

At the core, it seems she is at least an attention wh*re and drama queen. When she involved others [kids] for her personal gratification and financial gain it became not just ill but illegal. I've wondered if she was sexually molested as a child and if she became an abuser herself. Is it possible that her children were not just exploited for elisa's gain or physically abused but also sexually abused? The fact that the man in England sent 10 thousand dollars to/for elisa MAY be the key factor in this case, even though it is an unknown factor at this time. Kiddy *advertiser censored*? IMHO

In a Domestic and Intimate Violence university class that I took last year we discussed the dynamics of a [usually] mother acquiring benefit, monetarily and psychologically, from having an 'ill' child and the lengths the 'mother' would go to to use/abuse the child, sometimes to the point of death of the child. When eb hooked up w/ab she got a 2for1, a man and ZB, a disabled/ill child. Less work for eb; when you watch the video of her w/ZB at the raceway getting the hearing aids, eb acts the doting mother but after ZB was dismembered those hearing aids were found in eb's jewelry box. A trophy?

IMHO

AP constructed its profile through interviews with former husbands, relatives and acquaintances, while also drawing on county documents including divorce records and marriage licences. The records show that when she married Mr Baker, in July 2008, she was already married to J. Allred (October 1997) and A. Young (August 1998). She divorced Mr Young a year after marrying Mr Baker, but her marriage to Mr Allred was never dissolved.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/zahras-...people-before-wedding-no7-20110204-1agut.html

their timeline (just to muddy waters a bit more)

Elisa Baker's marriage trail

Sept 14, 1985: married J Winkler, Lenoir, North Carolina.

Jan 29, 1986: Winkler marriage annulled.

Sept 5, 1987: married J Proctor, Gaffney, South Carolina.

Feb 6, 1992: divorced from Proctor.

April 17, 1992: married A Harris jnr, Gaffney, SC.

Feb 4, 1995: married D Putnam, Gaffney, SC.

Dec 14, 1995: divorced from Harris.

Oct 3, 1997: married J Allred, Lenoir, NC.; never legally dissolved.

Aug 8, 1998: married A Young, Gaffney, SC.

Nov 22, 1999: Putnam marriage annulled.

July 8, 2008: married Adam Baker in Australia.

Aug 21, 2009: divorced from Young.

from this timeline, it would appear that you are correct MK, if the Putnam marriage of 95 wasn't anulled until December 99, then I would think her marriages to Allred and Young were not valid and therefore would think her marraige to Adam Baker was (since the above would invalidate her marriage to AY, there would be no need for a divorce since it was never a legal union to begin with). So I disagree with the text of the article based on their very own timeline, the article supposes that she was never divorced from Allred but based on their own timeline I see no need for one as the union wasn't a legal marriage in teh first place based on the lack of divorce/anullment from Putnam at the time.

arrggggggg This is a mess.

Thank you for putting this in understandable order. I agree with Arrgggggg.

This tells me something is wrong with the System...way too easy to commit bigamy. Maybe our government should have better ways to verify previous marriages and divorces before issuing a marriage license.

Wonder why Putnam got an anullment versus a divorce. Back in my day, an annulment meant the marriage was not consumated (as in sex). Anyone know the legal qualifications for annulment?

sigh, might be time to get a lawyers persepctive on this one.

A little background on the annulled teen marriage snipped from the link in my post above

Elisa and JW both dropped out of school and lost touch for about a year before he ran into her at a local gas station. She was with her newborn, Amber, and told JW the baby's father had left her.

JW asked her out, and a week later, he proposed.

Since they were both under 18, they needed their parents' permission. They lied to JW's parents and told them he was the father. To prove it, they forged a copy of a blood test.

How in the world do 2 kids know HOW to forge a blood test? I just dont get it.

I am betting it went someting like this . . .

take form either your own (probably insisted upon by actual father of baby) or a friends

Get some white out and type in whatever result you need.

IMO the form did not have to pass any sort of official test, just needed to be something official looking to put in front of the prospective groom's dad to convince him to sign off on the marriage.

I am thinking they simply altered a blood result form.

At the core, it seems she is at least an attention wh*re and drama queen. When she involved others [kids] for her personal gratification and financial gain it became not just ill but illegal. I've wondered if she was sexually molested as a child and if she became an abuser herself. Is it possible that her children were not just exploited for elisa's gain or physically abused but also sexually abused? The fact that the man in England sent 10 thousand dollars to/for elisa MAY be the key factor in this case, even though it is an unknown factor at this time. Kiddy *advertiser censored*? IMHO

In a Domestic and Intimate Violence university class that I took last year we discussed the dynamics of a [usually] mother acquiring benefit, monetarily and psychologically, from having an 'ill' child and the lengths the 'mother' would go to to use/abuse the child, sometimes to the point of death of the child. When eb hooked up w/ab she got a 2for1, a man and ZB, a disabled/ill child. Less work for eb; when you watch the video of her w/ZB at the raceway getting the hearing aids, eb acts the doting mother but after ZB was dismembered those hearing aids were found in eb's jewelry box. A trophy?

IMHO

BBM I so agree. The old saying "Follow the Money" comes to my mind. Why didn't LE get warrants for KF's facebook and myspace accounts? Would warrants regarding international people have to come through the FBI versus state or local LE? I wish MSM would look into this.

RLynne, verified attorney, has answered our bigamy, divorce, annulment questions. Thank you! Look at that thread...interesting.

RLynne, verified attorney, has answered our bigamy, divorce, annulment questions. Thank you! Look at that thread...interesting.

It really is interesting. nice to know she can be charged with Bigamy for a second time. I assume they only charged her with one so if her time runs out on it before charges come in Zahras case they have leverage to keep her in longer. I hope charges come way before that time is up but its nice to know its still hanging over her heaed just incase! JMO

I am thinking they simply altered a blood result form.

I just think its strange that 2 young kids in 1985 ( before the onset of the internet popularity) would know how to go about getting the form. Just makes me think shes alot smarter than I give her credit for. Shes a long time liar and manipulater. Shes apparently good at covering her tracks. I just hope she left a door open for LE to get through and figure it all out! Im keeping the faith!! JMO

I am trying to figure out what it was about EB that drew all these men to her. There had to be something that attracted them to her. She must really be a good actress, and then wham, when she had them under her thumb, she changed into a monster. I would really like to know how she was with Zahra when they were still in AU. Did she spend a lot of time being sweet to her, making Zahra fall in love with her and believe she was going to have a good mother figure in her life, something she surely dreamed for. No wonder Zahra was said to defend EB and want to stay with her. EB probly turned into her monster self very shortly after getting back to the US. It breaks my heart all over again. EB is a master manipulater and con artist. She has been getting away with stuff for a long time, I have wondered how someone with the cahonies to keep marrying men without divorcing the one before the next, managing to keep evading DSS, moving 47 times, etc. could have such a stupid plan with fire and a ransom note and a 2pm missing child 911 call. Maybe she had a really false sense of security, thinking she could get away with anything.
I dont see it as such a mystery after hearing from the men yesterday. She CHOSE men with diabilitys who had few if any women in thier lives. She preyed on the lonely undesirable men. Shes like the wolf that picks out the sick or lame lamb and pounces. She made them feel wanted and needed and then abused them for loving her. Im sure she did the same thing to Zahra. She just wanted a Mum to be in her life and love her and wolf EB took her and slaughtered her. Its EBs sick way of getting her kicks JMO

It really is interesting. nice to know she can be charged with Bigamy for a second time. I assume they only charged her with one so if her time runs out on it before charges come in Zahras case they have leverage to keep her in longer. I hope charges come way before that time is up but its nice to know its still hanging over her heaed just incase! JMO

I think we need to share a moment of gratitude to Jeffrey Allred for never getting a divorce. I understand why he would not want to face her in court. This is the icing on the cake. Thanks Mr. Allred.

No man gives a strange woman in another country 10k out of the goodness of his heart. Someone got something in return, you can count on that...the question is: what?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine
Back