Elizabeth Johnson Trial - Day 5 - 4th Day of Prosecution's Case - Thursday, Sept 27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Having heard most of this before, it seems to me that at that point, EJ had done whatever she did and couldn't turn back. Also, it reminds me how Tammi was back-peddling and acting to help EJ so she couldn't be charged with "embedding".

That shyster is trying to trip LE on the stand by asking for details that witness doesn't have a copy of. Trying to trip him up. What a jerk. LE is too smart for him.

I was trying to figure out what the heck Marc Victor is doing with all these dates, but I think I figured it out.

So Marc Victor is trying to "prove" that EJ was in Texas when Logan was supposed to have his custody of Gabriel to show that the crimes did not occur in AZ. Therefore, not guilty of charges filed in AZ.

I was trying to figure out what the heck Marc Victor is doing with all these dates, but I think I figured it out.

So Marc Victor is trying to "prove" that EJ was in Texas when Logan was supposed to have his custody of Gabriel to show that the crimes did not occur in AZ. Therefore, not guilty of charges filed in AZ.

ITA. That's exactly what he's doing.

Thanks for connecting the dots! I am continually amazed by how well you all know the cases followed here - better than most of the parties involved I believe.

Defense - asks if there is a timeline for EJ who she sent texts to and received from . . . yes assuming she was the person who had the phone. all this is contingent is whether she is the one holding the phone at the time of those calls . . true - Det doesn't have info to verify she is the one holding and using the phone.

EJ was @ homegate suites in Texas from 12/21/09 - 12/27/09 - based upon the phone records - no . . . there is also other info to show EJ used a celltower @ or around homegate suites . . . . DEt. knows from other info she was @ homegate suites during that time. Reasonable assumption certainty.

EJ was in or around Tornado 8:57 on 12/27 - no - she called that number but she was calling near tower by homegate suites. @ time of that call - she was in SA Tx.

11:57 ej got call from TPS - from that call she was near Tower #82 near Tornado bus station . . . we can conclude

12:53 text message to Logan on 12/27/09 - cannot confirm date and time it was sent . . . text message . . . Det remembers a phone call. he knows a text was sent like that but cannot say which date or time sent.

12:56 text received from Logan - not without looking @ the records - cannot recall exact . . .Defense says he will show records but hoped he would not have to . . .

12/27/09 12:56 pm incoming phone call from Logan - in or around Tornado . . . tower #82 in the vicinity of bus station. Det. doesn't know if Logan recorded this call - he never heard recording.

from EJ to Logan on tower #82 . . .close to bus station . . . then series of calls (about 30 calls) 1:08 - 1:21 pm . . . .those calls short durations indicate phone was off. During those calls - EJ was traveling eastbound thru texas . . .Det believes this is probably happening. .. those 30 outbound calls occurred within 11-12 min . . . on a moving bus . traveling from San Antonio to Miami (he believes accurate)

3:10 pm internet access even further Texas on the move . . .

Defense Atty asks for a moment confers with associate.

There was a call @ 2:52 pm - received by EJ (assumed she was holding the phone) . . . placed by Det Lensing (?) - conclude she is on the bus to Miami.

Witness is excused . . . no further questions. . .

finished for the day . . . and the week . . . .

Judge tells jurors not to talk about case, no investigate case . . .

they will have trial on Mon & Tues but on Wed they will be dark . .

Oct 1 -trial
Oct 2 - trial
Oct 3 - No Trial
Oct 4 - trial
next week is off -

see you Mon @ 10:30

Looks like they are taking next Wed off to push closing arguments to when they come back from the week off.

This afternoon @ 2:15 pm - Mr. Victor is going to . . .

parties are going to give Judge transcript of telephone call between multiple parties . . . highlight for Judge - what Defense wants out . . . Judge will decide what will be let in.

EJ wants to waive her presence during this today . . .

it will be on the record (unsure if this will be televised) . . . Dark by agreement on Oct 3 . . . State will finish 2nd or 4th - they will break until Oct 15th . . . .

They will come back @ 2:15 today.

I thought the argument was Logan got custody on the 11th of December therefore any shenanegans after that date would be a crime?

That's what the defense in Tammi's trial tried to do, IIRC. Wenwe or artsy can probably explain it better than me since I've only been able to watch these trials sporadically.

Logan's paternity, and therefore legal rights, were given to him on Dec 14. We was to have his first shared custody physical visit on Dec 20. EJ left AZ either Dec 18 evening or Dec 19.

On Dec 18, she called Logan to say he would never see Gabriel again. He called the court clerk, found out EJ had already called earlier to ask if she had to comply with the joint custody order (was told yes), and was told to go to pick up Gabriel on Dec 20 as directed. If EJ wouldn't give him to Logan, come back to court on Monday Dec 21.

I thought the argument was Logan got custody on the 11th of December therefore any shenanegans after that date would be a crime?

Petition to court on Dec. 11 for full custody.

Paternity established Dec. 14

I think from what's been presented in the trial, Logan filed for full custody on the 11th, EJ & LM got joint custody on the 17th and Logan was awarded full custody on the 28th when EJ didn't show up for the hearing.

Wasn't Logan awarded joint custody on Dec 17 as this article states? If that is true, then Elizabeth had no right to kidnap the baby and deprive Logan.

On December 17, 2009, a judge awarded Johnson and Logan McQueary, the boy's father, joint custody of Gabriel. But Johnson allegedly defied the ruling and set out for Texas with her son.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/05/justice/arizona-baby-gabriel-case/index.html

During the week of Dec 21 until the text message from EJ saying she killed Gabriel, Tempe PD tried to get SA to issue an Amber Alert (several times). They refused, saying it was a custody dispute that needed to be handled in court, and refused to get involved.

The rest sadly is history.

CPS failed Logan & Gabriel by closing their case & leaving it up to the court; Judge McVey failed Logan & Gabriel by refusing to allow Logan to tell him at the hearing what EJ was saying & doing; SAPD failed Logan & Gabriel by refusing to issue the Amber Alerts; SAPD again failed Logan & Gabriel by not adding Gabriel to their missing persons page (FINALLY happened a few months ago!);

and Jack Smith failed Logan & Gabriel by not calling CPS or LE when EJ gave Gabriel up to him (remember he testified at TPS' trial that he thought there was something really wrong with EJ); Tammi Smith failed Logan & Gabriel by getting involved in the situation;

and, of course, Elizabeth Johnson failed Logan & Gabriel most of all.

I think from what's been presented in the trial, Logan filed for full custody on the 11th, EJ & LM got joint custody on the 17th and Logan was awarded full custody on the 28th when EJ didn't show up for the hearing.

That's right. Dec 14th was the day EJ & Tammi went to the courthouse to file the response to Logan's petition.

During the week of Dec 21 until the text message from EJ saying she killed Gabriel, Tempe PD tried to get SA to issue an Amber Alert (several times). They refused, saying it was a custody dispute that needed to be handled in court, and refused to get involved.

snipped by me.

I never could figure out why AZ didn't issue the AA. The crime started there!! We just had another AA in NC and they were finally found in another state. Where the crime started is where the nationwide AA system starts.

JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back