Elizabeth Johnson's Court Hearings & Charges

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Mother of missing Tempe baby refuses to go to court
Mar. 9, 2010 10:52 AM

Elizabeth Johnson, the mother of missing baby Gabriel, refused to leave her jail cell for a court hearing Tuesday morning, prompting a Superior Court judge to demand authorities "use any means necessary to get her to court."

Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Timothy Ryan continued the pre-trial conference hearing to March 17, saying that Elizabeth Johnson needed to be present and called on Maricopa County Sheriff's Office deputies to ensure Johnson makes the appearance, said Karen Arra, a court spokeswoman.

Johnson's defense attorney refused to comment on the case.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...9elizabeth-johnson-misses-court-abrk0209.html

So she gets another week before she has to go to court? And she can pull the same stunt again? Unbelievable.

Snipped
Mother of missing Tempe baby refuses to go to court
Mar. 9, 2010 10:52 AM

prompting a Superior Court judge to demand authorities "use any means necessary to get her to court."

Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Timothy Ryan continued the pre-trial conference hearing to March 17,

My interruption of "use any means necessary"..."beat that girl's a@@ and get her in this courtroom!"

Continued to March 17th? So does that mean EJ won this round and they won't use any means necessary to get her to court?

If LM is there, I think that would be the reason for the refusal. She is probably in a rage about him seeing her as an inmate and knows she might spat some nonsense and give away more clues in her uncontrolled anger. Of course, even if he's not there, she may be ready to rage at anyone and doesn't want to talk for fear of giving away info. MOO.

He's still in San Antonio.

I really wish they wouldn't coddle her in this way. She should be at her hearing today, not next week. They could have gotten her there. Gabriel is lord knows where, while she plays her self-absorbed games. :furious:

Well, I suppose a continuance is better than giving her more grounds to appeal something later.

Who does this girl think she is? She can change her story umpteen times, destroy peoples lives, choose to not appear in court, etc. She is disgusting. Maybe she needs another mani/pedi. or was she having a bad hair day. UUUGGGHHH she and Casey need to get together, they would be perfect for each other. Honestly I am at a loss with this girl, what is she thinking???

Who does this girl think she is? She can change her story umpteen times, destroy peoples lives, choose to not appear in court, etc. She is disgusting. Maybe she needs another mani/pedi. or was she having a bad hair day. UUUGGGHHH she and Casey need to get together, they would be perfect for each other. Honestly I am at a loss with this girl, what is she thinking???

I agree! I mean, what kind of an operation are these Maricopa County people running here? They have botched the case in so many ways it's disgusting! Letting her get away with this is absolutely ridiculous. She should have been drug to court kicking and screaming!!! Who cares about her rights? What about Gabriel's rights?

Hi kappy :)

I don't understand why she's not in gen pop, when you look at the charges against her, I don't see the need for separating her. A night in gen pop might just be what it takes for her talk.

If they have reason to believe she would be harmed in general population they have to keep her isolated. Their job is to detain her, not subject her to jailhouse justice. With liability issues they really don't have an option but to house her separately.

If they have reason to believe she would be harmed in general population they have to keep her isolated. Their job is to detain her, not subject her to jailhouse justice. With liability issues they really don't have an option but to house her separately.

I'm familiar with that, but I'm not sure what their basis is for it. It's usually with pedophiles, people charged with homicide, etc. Not with the charges against her.

But I readily admit, I strongly feel everybody should be in gen pop. Choose to commit the crime, choose the consequences. I'm sick of the coddling of criminals, particularly those who hurt defenseless children.

I agree! I mean, what kind of an operation are these Maricopa County people running here? They have botched the case in so many ways it's disgusting! Letting her get away with this is absolutely ridiculous. She should have been drug to court kicking and screaming!!! Who cares about her rights? What about Gabriel's rights?

Absolutely!!! My 9y/o daughter does this when she wants to be a drama queen when she gets into trouble for something, she'll go to her room and pout and refuse to leave or talk. It does not fly though, she will just get into more trouble by trying to manipulate the situation. Elizabeth should have to pay a consequence for this sort of behavior, not be told "OK you can now go next week instead". Has this girl never been forced to own up to her mistakes? Take some responsibility PLEASE! This is one messed up girl, who thinks the world revolves around her!

Thanks...I wasn't thinking in regards to any type of physical abuse'jailhouse justce....just more along the line of harrassment,ridicule,heckled....something to wake her mind up as to how serious this is...and she might be more apt. to cooperate. JMO

Refresh my memory didn't Casey Anthony try this once? But they forced her to appear, and she did the same day? Am I imagining this? Why the kid gloves with her? I'm sure no inmate wants to face the music in court but they can't pick and choose to show up, if so think how messed up the jails would be if everyone tried this. Isn't the point of being in jail the fact that your freedom to make decisions are taken away?

Edited to add: Why does she think if she sticks her head in the sand , doesn't talk and doesn't go to court this will all go away?

She really seemed to have her back up the last time she was in court. Didn't like hearing what the prosecutor had to say and that she couldn't talk back about it. Kept shaking her head if you remember.

Maybe she didn't want to deal with more of the same?

This article has been updated.

Snipped:

According to court officials, Johnson refused to leave her cell to attend the hearing, which was scheduled to designate the case complex and to hear a motion to terminate council.

http://www.kpho.com/news/22785043/detail.html

Council is spelled wrong for the circumstances, but I'm assuming they mean a motion to terminate counsel?

Does that mean that EJ is terminating her relationship with her public defender?

This article has been updated.

Snipped:

According to court officials, Johnson refused to leave her cell to attend the hearing, which was scheduled to designate the case complex and to hear a motion to terminate council.

http://www.kpho.com/news/22785043/detail.html

Council is spelled wrong for the circumstances, but I'm assuming they mean a motion to terminate counsel?

Does that mean that EJ is terminating her relationship with her public defender?

Oh my Lord. I wonder which one of them is requesting termination! I'm shocked at that this early in the case. Good Lord.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876
Back