Emergency custody papers filed by mother of JI's son 11/14/11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
One time my daughter was sick and I suspected she was having difficulty breathing.. The hospital was five minutes away and it was during heavy traffic.. I and my ex husband made the choice to drive her myself thinking between a 911 call and waiting for them I'd get her there quicker..I feel I made the right choice for our situation..this is just my opinion and please don't think I'm attacking your post :0) I think it's situational

I don't. There were 2 of you in the car that night; DB was by her self that night with the kids, who would drive if something were to happen?

:waitasec:

Driving alone with a sick child, sick enough to require an ER, is preferential to having EMTs take the sick child to the hospital? If there were a turn for the worse and the child dies en route, the parent is to blame. Is saving the cost of an EMT transport to the ER worth a child's life?

This forum is filled with hypotheticals, I've added one more.

Although DB was by herself, as I understand it she doesn't have a driver's license, so she wouldn't be driving the kids anywhere anyway, at least not legally.

I have never called an ambulance for an ER visit. Judging from the number of people walking into the waiting room of their own accord, I think a lot of people just drive themselves.

Driving alone with a sick child, sick enough to require an ER, is preferential to having EMTs take the sick child to the hospital? If there were a turn for the worse and the child dies en route, the parent is to blame. Is saving the cost of an EMT transport to the ER worth a child's life?

Let's say we don't even make it far enough to consider the driving issue. What if someone is so incapacitated they can't hear cries for help or be roused by their children to assist in a crisis? What if the adult is in such a fog they can't function enough to even call 911 for help or follow instructions that might save a life while paramedics are en route (check that an airway is clear, perform CPR, apply pressure to a bleeding wound, Heimlich maneuver, etc.)?

If a parent wants to get rip roaring drunk to the point of incapacitation, have at it...just be sure there is another adult on hand to handle any crisis that might arise. I'm not contending DB is a horrible parent who deserves to have all children removed from her care, but I do think at least a basic investigation of the circumstances and the potential for any future risk is warranted for the sake of the two boys who remain in the home.

Driving BEHIND the ambulance carrying your loved one- now THAT's dangerous. ;)
(I just had to scroll back up to look at the topic thread :giggle:)

ERs are not only used for life threatening emergencies. They are routinely used after hours and weekends when Drs. offices are not open. Waking up to a screaming baby with an ear infection at 1am on a Friday night is not something I would call 911 for, however I would take her to the ER for treatment. It's not something I would want to wait 2+ days to start treating.

But that's really here nor there since DB was black out drunk, she wouldn't be driving or calling 911.

I don't. There were 2 of you in the car that night; DB was by her self that night with the kids, who would drive if something were to happen?
Not at you, just jumping off the discussion about the need to be able to drive in an emergency.

DB can't legally drive, I assume they would have to rely on 911 in any situation on any day.

bbm = No she didn't. She didn't leave the children at all. No one can say if she was or was not capable of dealing with whatever happened to her children...except of course if she was sleeping and someone took her child, which could have happened if she had one glass of wine or 50 imo

IMO she did leave them. She went into a drunken black out.

Good for RR. If it creates further tension between DB and JI, I'm all for it. Already, IMO, quickly forced DB to move back into the home.

IMO she did leave them. She went into a drunken black out.

I have never had a 'black out' but when I heard the reporter ask the question, I immediately thought of passed out in sleep. I didn't realize that it actually meant walking and functioning, but not remembering what you were doing...that is very scary and regardless of black out or pass out - it was very irresponsible. Deb didn't use the words black out originally - she used drunk. The reporter used 'black out'....we can't be sure of how Deb took that and even then she only said 'it's possible'. To me, I originally took that as, when she went to bed, she fell into a deep sleep/passed out...

I would like to know by anyone here...if ANYBODY drinks enough will you 'black out'???

eta:Sorry Nursebeeme ~ sometimes I get caught up and don't realize where I am :blushing:

ot - I think it's very convenient the timing in this. I would understand if she had done this at any other time, but now just seems to cruel to everyone involved..just my opinion of course. I think taking advantage of her visitations would be a good first step and carrying on from that point. It just feels like she is taking advantage of a terrible tragedy and it makes me sad.

I was by myself too.. My ex was meeting me.. All I could do is act quick and keep talking to her.. Sometimes when something like these things come up we all react differently.. For us I feel we made the right choice.. I gave her, her inhaler and we left the house.. For us it worked..

I have never had a 'black out' but when I heard the reporter ask the question, I immediately thought of passed out in sleep. I didn't realize that it actually meant walking and functioning, but not remembering what you were doing...that is very scary and regardless of black out or pass out - it was very irresponsible. Deb didn't use the words black out originally - she used drunk. The reporter used 'black out'....we can't be sure of how Deb took that and even then she only said 'it's possible'. To me, I originally took that as, when she went to bed, she fell into a deep sleep/passed out...

I would like to know by anyone here...if ANYBODY drinks enough will you 'black out'???

. . . .
QUOTE]

snipped by me.

Until this case, I always thought "blacking out" and "passing out" meant the same thing too, Sparklin: that the person was not functional, eyes closed....

Perhaps that is a common misconception of the phrase "black out". The reporter could have been asking about one scenario and DB could have been answering about a different scenario. But, anyway, DB only said 'it's possible' so either one or neither one could have happened.

Ha! It just occurred to me that if you don't remember something because you 'blacked out', how would you remember that you don't remember?

Good for RR. If it creates further tension between DB and JI, I'm all for it. Already, IMO, quickly forced DB to move back into the home.

Yep. DB didn't want to live in the Lister house again but won't have a say in the matter. If JI has no blame in his daughter being missing, now would be a good time for him to get himself in to speak with authorities so he doesn't risk losing his son. Time to stop covering for DB whom I believe is responsible for Lisa's disappearance or worse. jmo

Do we even know if this woman has been supporting her son in some way, shape or form? We already know there has been very limited, if any, contact. Does the boy even recognize who his mother really is?

Originally Posted by epiphany

Yep. DB didn't want to live in the Lister house again but won't have a say in the matter. If JI has no blame in his daughter being missing, now would be a good time for him to get himself in to speak with authorities so he doesn't risk losing his son. Time to stop covering for DB whom I believe is responsible for Lisa's disappearance or worse. jmo

I don't know if Deb is responsible or not for what happened to her beautiful little girl, but just the chance that she isn't, I wouldn't wish a family to be any more destroyed than it has already been.

There will be time enough to throw stones and hate on her if we find out differently, but for the moment she is not charged with anything - LE has raked them over the coals for hours, they have inspected their home with a fine tooth comb (and xray equipment) they have talked to neighbours and friends and family...and yet still Deb is home waiting for the return of her baby. I get that she isn't screaming and crying in front of the cameras for everyone to enjoy her anguish, but that doesn't mean she is guilty of doing anything to her daughter. It doesn't mean she isn't hurting and praying and hoping more than any of us here are!

Do we even know if this woman has been supporting her son in some way, shape or form? We already know there has been very limited, if any, contact. Does the boy even recognize who his mother really is?

Why wouldn't he? JI and RR didn't split until 2008 and apparently that is about the same time DB came into the picture. The son was roughly 5 by that time.

Just catching up here after a long day. This must have been covered before, but I haven't found it yet: why does DB NOT have a drivers license? TIA, and sorry if this has been covered ad nauseam already.

Why wouldn't he? JI and RR didn't split until 2008 and apparently that is about the same time DB came into the picture. The son was roughly 5 by that time.

I'm confused, I thought the boy hadn't lived with his mother since 2005, which would put him at the age of 2.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarlaJCarl
Back